RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,657
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 563
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 24 2012, 11:53 PM   #736
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Welcome to all the new people! Great time to go back and review the series this year!

RAMA
Old February 2 2012, 08:25 PM   #737
MrLethalWeapon
Ensign

Hi. Longtime luker here.

I've been a fan of TNG since the start. I had a passing interest in TOS before that but TNG was the one that really got me into the Star Trek universe, and now I get enjoyment out of all the shows. I've seen every episode of every live action series at least twice now.

10 years ago, I had the fortune of meeting Avery Brooks once coming out of a local supermarket; a chance encounter. Best day of my life (well it felt like it at the time anyway.)
MrLethalWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2012, 12:50 PM   #738
Abigail Strunt
Ensign

View Abigail Strunt's Twitter Profile

Hi everyone,
Alright, I am 15 years old, Next generation is my favourite series if them all. I love all the characters but Data would have to be my fav. I love how he is always trying harder to become more human and all the different parts of his character. I also love Worf, because I have a general fascination for Klingons. My favourite episode, ohh, thats a hard one, I love most of the episodes, preferring ones with Data. I especially like the ones with Lore in it. I also love Picard, he is just amazing.
I fell in love with star trek the first time I saw it, a Voyager episode, but TNG is my fav.
Old February 13 2012, 01:44 PM   #739
Alienesse
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Alienesse

Hi, Abigail, and welcome!

TNG is also my favorite series and it was my introduction to Star Trek itself. It'll always have a special place in my heart, even as, in time, I've come to appreciate the other series as well. Picard will always be my first captain and my favorite. I used to watch TNG each Sunday night when it first ran in my country, usually with my parents and grandparents. I'm grateful for all the wonderful things I learned from it.

I love Data as well, for his endearing fascination with his human crew mates, and for his often unintentional humor. He's at his funniest when he's not trying to be.
Old March 2 2012, 07:17 PM   #740
ReedEnterprise
Captain

I hated Star Trek as a child, my dad watched it first run before I was born and then had to rewatch in syndication. The year before TNG came out, I got into TOS and remember thinking how could they make a remake without Kirk. How wrong I was. I finally got into it by mid season and there was no turning back. My favorite TNG character is Worf, I love everything Klingon. Show me a Klingon episode and I will watch it even though I have seen them all a thousand times.
(I will admit though that Enterprise is my favorite series in the franchise) But that does not take away from how much I love TNG. I watch everytime they are on tv and am in the process of changing the vcr tapes to dvds.
And I will go on record and say I actually like Wesley.
ReedEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 06:56 AM   #741
Ladybug
Lieutenant

Hi ReedEnterprise and all the TNG'ers! I'm Ladybug, formerly Triptacular and tripsmyguy on the House of Tucker site. My fav Treks are Enterprise and The Next Generation. I started watching TNG in reruns then got excited when Enterprise was announced. I was a huge Quantum Leap fan, so I loved the idea of Scott Bakula as a Trek Captain. He was good, but Stewart's Picard will always be the best, imo.
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:44 PM   #742
ReedEnterprise
Captain

Ladybug wrote: View Post
Hi ReedEnterprise and all the TNG'ers! I'm Ladybug, formerly Triptacular and tripsmyguy on the House of Tucker site. My fav Treks are Enterprise and The Next Generation. I started watching TNG in reruns then got excited when Enterprise was announced. I was a huge Quantum Leap fan, so I loved the idea of Scott Bakula as a Trek Captain. He was good, but Stewart's Picard will always be the best, imo.
And hi to you
Old March 30 2012, 05:52 AM   #743
Eydie Munroe
Lieutenant

Hello all! I've been away from the Trek world for a while, but very glad to know that there's still active groups around!
Eydie Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 08:51 AM   #744
aayush01
Cadet

Hi !
That's very nice description. I like this. I want to identify some things which I am searching for.
manali tour packages
aayush01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 02:33 PM   #745
goliwoog
Ensign

TNG was the first Star Trek series I have watched and takes the number one spot in my heart . As I first watched this as a kid I really appreciated that there was not much romance in the series (well at least then I thought so, I didn't notice the subtle things back then) as pretty much everything on TV was lovely and cuddly. I adored Data and he remains my favorite character (Doctor from Voyager gets close), there is something about AI that is growing emotionally that hooks me I guess.
goliwoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 09:40 AM   #746
Eno
Lieutenant

View Eno's Twitter Profile

Such a lovely thread. I would like to thank everyone for some wonderful posts. So expressive and positive.

I have wonderful memories of the series, and then of course on video and dvd.

I tend to enjoy the series and movies as a whole. There is so much that I would like to express, sadly I am incapable. So I will use broad terms: Tolerance. Humanism. Care. Responsibility. Duty. Openness. Love. Understanding. Patience. Expression.....

Of course everything above applies to Trek philosophy. At least from TOS onwards. It's all Trek.
Eno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 03:18 PM   #747
Lance
Commodore

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I've been meaning to join for a while! My first experiences of Star Trek were through The Next Generation. My appreciation for The Original Series came much later. I remember vividly as a child watching the almost endless loop of repeats of the first three seasons on BBC2 in the early ninties, and in fact the second season was the only one I owned in full on VHS back then, so I had that on an almost endless loop! I can see that season two wasn't exactly the strongest for the series, but I've got a soft spot for it all the same. Great episodes like Where Silence Has Lease, The Royale, Measure Of A Man, Peak Performance, and of course the forever loved Q Who.

I know the series only went from strength to strength beginning with the third season, but that second season, for all it's faults, is one that I look back on with genuine fondness.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 12:30 PM   #748
Eno
Lieutenant

View Eno's Twitter Profile

Season 2 was awesome. Nice to meet you.
Eno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 09:56 PM   #749
NEUR0M4NCER
Cadet

Hi all.
If you asked any of my friends, they would assume that I was already a member on any number of fora such as this, but for whatever reason it just never occurred to me to share my passion before.

I feel like I'm a huge TNG fan but, even though it's not a competition, I'm way behind some of the more verbose contributors here. It does mean a lot to me though; I watched TOS with my dad in the eighties as a child, and we were both so excited when we learned about TNG. We 'weren't allowed' to watch Star Trek in the living room , so we would hang out in my room to watch. At the weekends, we would make paper-and-glue Enterprises, and discuss the meanings behind the week's episode.

I'm a big Data-whore, can't get enough of the guy. I was incensed when my two year old son smashed the perspex cover from my VHS 'Data's Face' box set a couple of years ago - I held it in pretty well though... I also seem to find Wesley to be a lot less annoying than others do - he was around the same age as me when the show aired, so he was a bit of a hero to me at the time.

I couldn't list my favourite episodes without going through a list of them all, assigning numerical values to criteria such as entertainment value, production value, acting etc, and then making an Excel spreadsheet to tabulate it... but some memorable ones: Inner Light (of course), Starship Mine (great straight-up action), The Offspring. There's many more.

I have lots more to say, and look forward to joining in some of the frankly awesome discussions going on.

LLAP
NEUR0M4NCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 03:16 AM   #750
NCC-1701-B
Fleet Captain

Hey everyone, I've been posting on this site for a while now, but never did any of these kind of threads.

Although it was Voyager that got me into star trek, as it was what was being produced when my parents watched on the BBC. (It started when I was 2) But by the later series I was watching myself. I also loved TNG as it was on daily on the BBC in the early 00s (I think?) before the Simpsons. Anyway I love all things trek, but TNG has the best characters for me!

Hellooo...
NCC-1701-B is offline   Reply With Quote