Abrams Loves His Lens Flares
By: T'Bonz on Nov 23

Elba Star Trek Beyond Character Speculation
By: T'Bonz on Nov 23

Retro Review: Meld
By: Michelle Erica Green on Nov 20

Borg Cube Paper Lantern
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 28 2011, 01:24 AM   #691
RichardDean And
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hi everyone I'm RichardDead And(erson), I picked the name because nothing else was coming to me.

I enjoy TNG for the strange humour that is in it. For example, in "Encounter at Farpoint" when Wesley comes onto the bridge for the first time and Picard welcomes him and then shouts sternly "BUT DONT TOUCH ANYTHING"....well, that kind of thing just cracks me up.

I enjoy the series as a whole even though almost all of the characters annoy me but I like them all in another way because I really do enjoy the show. Riker is probably the least annoying character while Data and Wesley aggravate me the most.

Lastly I would like the say hi to everyone and I can't wait to get into some trek talk with you.

RichardDean And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 07:13 PM   #692
Vice Admiral

I have posted here twice before but I want to add my wife to the list!! She has been religiously recording STNG on dvr and watching them even when I am not around. We saw 2-3 episodes together recently and I think they really hit home for her...she tends to like more of the emotional/personal stories. I could tell she was thinking about them after the eps ended. While I've gotten her to watch almost all the series at some point, I think STNG has become her favorite.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2011, 10:19 PM   #693
Kai John

Hi guys, i'm Kyle Wood, 20.

I'm a big fan of TNG but also like Voyager and TOS, and i'm currently in the process of watching DS9. My favourite characters are Picard, Spock and the doctor (EMH). I'm also loving Quark so far in DS9 (i'm up to series four).

I look forward to reading everyones posts, getting to know people and of course geting to talk about star trek!
Kai John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2011, 10:59 AM   #694
Fleet Captain

Hello, I'm new, good Morning everyone.

One of my favourite episodes is Elementary My Dear Data.
iBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 02:31 PM   #695
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Hi all!

I am a TNG and DS9 fan (Not watched Voyager) but I am in the process of watching all the star treks, and moving though TNG first.
In the Marmalade forest (forest), between the make believe trees, in a cottage cheese cottage! Lives Albie, (Albie,) Albie, (Albie,) Albie the Racist Dragon...
Distorted Humor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2011, 11:10 PM   #696

Hello! My name is Jenna and I'm 28, from England. My Dad first got me watching TOS when I was a kid and I was hooked, my sister and I would watch whenever it aired on BBC2. Fast forward several years later when TNG came along (I think it was aired on BBC2 at same the day and time that TOS was previously) and I was initially against watching as it wasn't the original series. We would complain that it wasn't Kirk and Spock and turn it off.

My Dad took us to the cinema to watch Generations, he managed to get us there cos Kirk was in it :-) - and this was the first time I was introduced to the TNG cast. I remember the scene where Picard is crying over his brother and nephew dying, and obviously I hadn't seen the episode Family at this point so it kinda went over my head as did Data's emotion chip etc etc. Anyway the film warmed me up to the TNG cast a tad and when it was on TV next I started watching instead of just simply switching off. Fast forward a few years later and myself and my sister were hooked on TNG, eventually starting watching DS9 too (wasn't so taken with that though) and then we moved onto Voyager when that came out (seen most episodes). So anyway, pretty much seen every TNG episode and by far my favourite series now. Patrick Stewart is brilliant and Brent Spiner too - fave episodes are The Inner Light, BOBW 1 and 2, Chain of Command 1 and 2, Parallels, All Good Things, The Offspring, Data's Day, I could go on and on!!!

Anyway nice to meet you all on here!!
JennaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2011, 02:17 AM   #697
Lieutenant Commander

i grew up on TNG and i think i said my first swear after watching the episode Booby Trap. Geordi taught me about the Enterprise's engines and the art of swearing
BlackFire3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2011, 04:23 AM   #698

My name is Amanda Cress. I like Wesley Crusher as you can see through my username and my quota. I also like Chekov. I've been into the Star Trek series altogether since I was 16 and I think this is pretty cool.
MEDIATOR: You admit you did that? Freely?
WESLEY: I'm with Starfleet, we don't lie.
- Star Trek: TNG Justice
WesleyCrusher07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 04:02 PM   #699
View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'm Bill...

Been watching TNG since it premiered on Oct. 2, 1987 on WXIX-TV here in Cincinnati.

My turn-ons are: Where No One Has Gone Before, The Royale and Q, Who?

My turn-offs are: The Inner Light, I, Borg and Homeward

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard, "Encounter at Farpoint"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2011, 02:47 PM   #700

Watched the first episode when it aired. Didn't like it. Lacked the effect of the original. But I always liked Data. Only recently have I had to chance and desire to watch the show front to back. I still like the original the best. But this is easily second.
moriluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2011, 10:56 AM   #701
muldwych who
Lieutenant Commander
View muldwych who's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to muldwych who

I am a nooby TBG watcher and here to say hello.

I started to watch Trek last year in order but after watching TOS and TAS and first 5 films I gave it a break for a while, recently I took the trek watching back up and am now on S1 E4 of TNG and loving it.

Have been told that it gets better after S1 (growing the beard or something) so looking forward to it.
muldwych who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 07:07 PM   #702

Hey all!

I'm a massive TNG fan, and was brought up watching it almost every day as my mum is obsessed with Patrick Stewart (I've seen him in theatre 5 times, and went to a special Patrick Stewart fan club meet and greet with my mum a few years back).

My favourite characters are Picard, Wesley, Riker, Q and Lwaxana.

My sister is the spitting image of Marina Sirtis in her younger days, unfortunatly she doesnt realise how much of a compliment that is when i tell her she's basically Deanna Troi!

I don't particularly like Dr Polaski in season 2, but that may be because he downright dismisses Data to begin with, and for some reason i can never get passed that with her.

I have too many favourite episodes to list them but any episode with Q is a winner.
OrionKahless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2011, 06:06 AM   #703
Fleet Captain

My handle is HaventGotALife, in reference to Shatner's '86 appearance on SNL. Star Trek was a part of my life before I knew what it was or could remember anything. My first memory is of watching Best of Both Worlds, I when it re-aired just before the 4th season premiere in 1989. I was a fanboy in my tweens and teens. My interest waned after DS9 went off the air and I came back to the fold in the lead-up to the re-boot movie. I registered here because of a poster on Star said this was a good site.

I like TNG because it carries the essence of Trek. Exploration of the unknown without interfering in the culture, exploring our humanity, and our place in the universe. My favorite seasons are 1-5. The writing and performances are usually very good. Six and seven have a different energy and aren't as good in my estimation.

My favorite TNG character is probably Data. He asks the important questions even if there aren't any good answers for him. He quests to grow and learn and I think that's something we should all emulate.
"Cogley was old-fashioned, preferring paper books to computers. He had an extensive collection of books, he claimed never to use the computer in his office."
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2011, 01:58 AM   #704

I'm Matt and I'm 31. I've been a TNG fan since I saw "Encounter at Farpoint" when it first aired in '87.
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2011, 09:24 PM   #705

I'm Thomas, 41 Years old.
I think Next Generation is the best version of Star Trek. I did tune in hoping the crew would get a little crazy or be more fun loving, but the show really did succeed because it was so thoughtful and positive. I liked Troi, Data, and Worf (in the later episodes) the most. I liked the episodes centered on Lt. Barclay too.
Really all the characters had good moments over the whole series. I think the movies weren't an ideal format for this crew because it was an ensemble. The stories that got really close to one character and went pretty far into that character's mind were the best episodes.
Thomas.B is offline   Reply With Quote