Star Trek-Planet of the Apes #2
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Clark Details Trek Books

Takei To Appear On Wits

Retro Review: Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
By: Michelle on Jan 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old April 9 2010, 10:15 AM   #631
greenguy
Commander

Send a message via AIM to greenguy
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

VulcanLoveSlave wrote: View Post
Ok, the Jig is up. I'm a TNG fan.

Gotta say I've got a huge crush on Picard! Not to mention Crusher. mm mm (keep them separate, though)

I really like the mindfuck episodes like Frame of Mind and Schisms, but I also love the holodeck eps. Ship in a Bottle is classic. "We're still on the holodeck." SCORE +1000pts

Chain of Command = amazing
Inner Light = glorious
Genesis = w00t
Masks = yes!
Sub Rosa = upvote
Troi = DOWNVOTE
Lwaxana = awesome!

I could go on all day...
I am tripping out. Dude, did we join the same ST forum independently, at the same time? I had no idea this was the one you were joining when you said you were creating VulcanLoveSlave. Check your Facebook wall.
greenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2010, 07:07 PM   #632
The Trekster
Lieutenant Commander

greenguy wrote: View Post
VulcanLoveSlave wrote: View Post
Ok, the Jig is up. I'm a TNG fan.

Gotta say I've got a huge crush on Picard! Not to mention Crusher. mm mm (keep them separate, though)

I really like the mindfuck episodes like Frame of Mind and Schisms, but I also love the holodeck eps. Ship in a Bottle is classic. "We're still on the holodeck." SCORE +1000pts

Chain of Command = amazing
Inner Light = glorious
Genesis = w00t
Masks = yes!
Sub Rosa = upvote
Troi = DOWNVOTE
Lwaxana = awesome!

I could go on all day...
I am tripping out. Dude, did we join the same ST forum independently, at the same time? I had no idea this was the one you were joining when you said you were creating VulcanLoveSlave. Check your Facebook wall.
Dude I didn't even realize you made a post like 2 above mine. Synchrooniciiiiiityyyy
Old April 23 2010, 04:10 AM   #633
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Still an STNG fan...just updating my entry! I have actually not watched more than 2 episodes of STNG in many months. Planning on watching a few soon.

Favorite ep: The Chase

RAMA
It's part of nature too
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2010, 09:30 PM   #634
Udat
Rear Admiral

*Hmmm I think I should watch some tng.*
Old April 30 2010, 10:03 PM   #635
Fractal Zoom
Cadet

I proudly raise my hand as a TNG fan.

Born way back in 1960, I have always been a fan of SF in general, and had a general awareness of and liking for Trek. But it wasn't until my boss enthused to me about ST:TNG in 1988 that I really started *watching*...I caught the episodes leading up to the "Best of Both Worlds" cliffhanger, watched the reruns through the summer, and by the time they dropped Picard's other Borg shoe in September I was *hooked*.

Like all Trek series, ST:TNG struggled in its early years. There are some first-season episodes that are just painful to watch, and I share the view of many that young Wesley just needed to have been shoved out the nearest air lock. But once they found their stride, ST:TNG produced some of the finest SF ever created...thoughtful, consistent, coherent and well-acted.
Fractal Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 07:33 PM   #636
Mr Cool Dude

Greetings.

I joined this board about a week ago, but I haven't got around to introducing myself yet. My name is Mr Cool Dude, I am a huge TNG fan, and I am an android.
Old June 9 2010, 07:34 AM   #637
froot
Fleet Captain

I've been bumming around in the VOY forum, but I suppose I should come in and say I'm a TNG fan as much as anything else - I was born in '85, so TNG is the Trek I grew up on. My father was a die-hard Trekkie, and he had oodles of the books written in those early years before TMP, so I grew up knowing the TOS guys, too. But TNG was the first Trek we got to sit and watch as a family, so I have a abiding love for it.

Regretfully, I have not seen several TNG episodes since probably the first run(!), although SyFy's been helping me get back up to speed. I have a secret crush on Riker, and I still turn into nostalgic mush when the theme song plays. Also, that episode where Troi was chocolate cake* was one of the most terrifying images of my childhood!

*EDIT: Sorry, cellular peptide cake. With mint frosting.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2010, 08:47 PM   #638
mulo
Cadet

Hello to all. Greetings from Argentina!!! Im new to the forum and a fan of TNG. Im 27 and im styding chemical engineering, theres a lot of science there too, so i cant decide wich uniform to wear (blue or gold)... I just love TNG...!!!
mulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2010, 04:41 AM   #639
Subcommander R.
Commodore

TNG is my first love. My favorite episodes include Future Imperfect, Hollow Pursuits, Best of Both Worlds (I and II), Inner Light, and Phantasms.
Subcommander R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 11:20 AM   #640
jadzia_dax2369
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Location: Some were in the milky way...... oh crap the borg!!!
View jadzia_dax2369's Twitter Profile

hey fellow trekkers

though im a niner i am a tng fan,

im jade, im 23, i was 7 when i first was exposed() to star trek.

My earlest memory of tng was the episode that Tasha was killed.
jadzia_dax2369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 07:10 PM   #641
Celcius
Cadet

My name is Celcius

I am in awe of Picard, and have problems with Wharf who's only action is attack. I do not like Riker, nor do I respect the authority of any woman, who is not Star Fleet standard.

I do not judge people from appearances, but experience. This is why I joined the forum.

I have great respect for Dianna Troy and her mother.

My favourite woman on next generation is the Doctor.

My favouriate man on next generation is Wesley.

I'm very pleased to be here. And I hope to contribute to discssions. As and when an interesting one comes about.

Thank you for reading
Celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2010, 05:40 AM   #642
Whill
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Whills Universe

Hi. I got into Trek watching TOS in syndication the summer of 1984 when I was in junior high. In one summer I got through the entire TOS and I was a Trek fan. Then I saw the first three movies on VHS, then I saw TVH many times in the theater in high school. I was a member of the fan club and got the little magazine.

I was pumped about TNG but it came on in high school when I had a job. I had a friend tape every episode for me and watched them religiously until one week when I got Wheel of Fortune instead of "Skin of Evil". I was so mad that I missed the death of Tasha Yar that I stopped trying to even watch every episode. I got into a big Star Wars kick and gave all Trek a break while I missed the entire 2nd season of TNG. Then I started tuning back in to TNG here and there but missed a lot of episodes when I went to college.

I was horrified by TFF and didn't like DS9 (but in between those TUC was good). I then realized that TV-wise, TNG had exceeded TOS as the best series. I tried to watch the first season of Voyager but realized it wasn't nearly as good as TNG either. I've seen every Star Trek film since THV on opening weekend, and I enjoyed the first three TNG movies. I stepped away from Trek again after Nemesis, but the 2009 film got me back into Trek-prime as well.

I've seen every single episode of TOS and Enterprise, and more episodes of DS9 and VOY than I ever wanted to see. Even though I still haven't seen every episode of TNG (but the majority), I know TNG is my favorite series out of them all. I have my favorite 40 TNG episodes on VHS and occassionally catch episodes I have and haven't seen on TV.
* Opinions are not "flaws". * Why post so much about things you hate?
Whill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2010, 06:55 PM   #643
vas2009
Captain

Hello everyone!

I have always Enjoyed Voyager and DS9 some how Next Gen got pushed under the rug... although, I have seen the movies and some random episodes, but for some reason I just never got around to watching it all. I recently started the series a couple of days ago and I am hooked!!!

So far Data and Doc Crusher (I have a soft spot for redheads) are my favs...
It Is interesting to see Worf and Miles Pre-DS9...

I look forward to chating with all of you
Old July 25 2010, 04:03 AM   #644
Sarita
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I love STNG, and enjoyed watching the characters grow as the seasons went by. I like the Data episodes, especially "The Offspring", "The Measure of a Man" and the Sherlock Holmes episode. One of the best Data moments is when Q makes him laugh.
Sarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2010, 01:33 AM   #645
Jonny
Lieutenant Commander

TNG is my favourite series out of the five. I love the ones where Q was in it cos he did make me laugh sometimes. I liked Data and Worf as well. Though my fave character was Picard.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote