Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 26 2009, 04:54 AM   #556
MarauderMo
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Seeing TNG syndicated on my local FOX station after school in the early 90's was my first exposure to Star Trek. Over the years I have seen all the episodes many times and the entire run from start to finish at least twice. There was a time when I wasn't a big fan of the first 2 seasons, but in recent viewings I have developed an appreciation for them. The early episodes had a better soundtrack IMO and the stories seem to be more in the spirit of the original.

I am a fan of the entire run, and I can't think of an episode that I can say that I hate. I enjoy the few episodes that focus on the Data-Geordi friendship, those featuring Q, and the many Worf-centric episodes.

Elementary Dear Data, Redemption, Tapestry and All Good Things are among my favorites...
Old June 28 2009, 03:09 PM   #557
momrobare
Ensign

HI
My name is Helen and I'm 52 years young! TNG is my favorite of all the Star Treks and I was very sad when they quit making TNG films!

I have a wonderful daughter and son in law (who works for Anderson Cooper of CNN) and two wonderful grandsons...Maddox age 4 and Marjoe age 2 who live out of state.

I live in a small town near Buffalo, NY.

I am very glad to have found this site and to be able to talk about my favorite Star Trek series!
momrobare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 01:15 AM   #558
anaortiz
Cadet

Hi...

I am 31 yrs old and I have loved Star Trek since I was 9 years old after seeing The Voyage Home in the theater with my dad. I was not a big fan of the TNG at first, I remember during the first two seasons I would tune in just to hear the theme music and then turn the channel. Somewhere around the third season I actual watched an entire episode and I was hooked! Watching the show as a teenager I really enjoyed the Riker/Troi relationship and I could not wait for the book Imzadi to come out. Now, re-watching some of the episodes on DVD I find that I am a big Picard fan. He is such a complex and interesting character and I particularly find the Picard/Crusher relationship interesting.
anaortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2009, 03:20 AM   #559
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome MarauderMo

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
TS-1838-SWATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2009, 03:21 AM   #560
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome momrobare

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
Old July 8 2009, 03:22 AM   #561
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome anaortiz

Old July 21 2009, 06:22 AM   #562
DivineSugar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hai! Ok, how should I start

I'm 21, and I moved from Texas to Omaha 2 years ago. I am new to the Star Trek fandom. I believe I began getting into TNG, some months ago, and I LOVE it!!! Espc. for my favorite charecter and biggest crush-- Data.

I love Data, because he's awesome!

That's the main reason I got into TNG. Because Data, is so handsome and graceful, and awesome; his voice is soothing and comforting. That is one of the aspects of TNG I am invested in the most. Data as a person, another kind of human, not just a machine with no soul.

It's sad that he never found a true love over the course of the show. He needed a woman that loved him for who and what he was, someone qho was willing to teach him what love was, what passion was, and what it meant. It would have been awesome to see him find that. He told Deanna that he hoped to one day get married; that should have happened! All that potential for a great love story was right there. Plus, I don't think he needed the emotion chip at all. He was already slowly but surely finding emotion in his own way, and that's what I think he needed to find his own way. Data is a person with a soul, and he was more than capable of finding his own emotion,he just didn't know it.

Anyhoo. This is one of my favorite pics of him
DivineSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2009, 01:55 PM   #563
K'Ehleyr
Commodore

Hi all,
I've been around for a while but mainly hanging around in Misc.
Now I'm rewatching TNG and remembering favourite episodes and characters and finding new ones and it's great to discuss them.

My favourite main characters are Picard, Data and Worf. Riker has now made that list ~ I didn't care for him first time around but I am now understanding more about him. (See my 'Why does Riker lean into corners' thread, it's in no way a dig but an observation that a lot of you have also noticed )

I totally agree with DivineSugar that Data is just adorable 'The Offspring' had me sobbing.

Favourite 'guest' characters are Q, Lwaxana Troi, Guinan and of course the hugely under-used K'ehleyr

I'm thoroughly enjoying my trip
Old July 26 2009, 03:48 AM   #564
teacherkarl
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey, teacherkarl here, fairly new to the BBS.

Started watching TNG beginning with its second season (my sophomore year of high school - I was in Germany during its first season), soon I was taping every episode of each series, and my wife and I even spent $100 a pop for each season on DVD.

This summer I've started watching all Trek in (somewhat) chronological order. Right now I'm at the end of ENT S3, so it will be a while before I get to (re-watch) TNG. Been a number of years since I've seen a lot of them. It will be interesting if I view any of them differently through the lens of time.

Q = best guest-star EVER!
teacherkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2009, 09:36 AM   #565
Aurian
Vice Admiral

Hello

I am Aurian. I post a little everywhere.. but mostly in misc.
Chose my name many years ago as a mix of favorite characters, one being Guinan, the El-Aurian.

TNG is my favorite Trek-series, although I enjoy them all.
Old August 2 2009, 03:30 PM   #566
Canuck69
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Canuck69 Send a message via Yahoo to Canuck69

Hi all!!! I'm 22 and have been watching Star Trek TNG since I was 10. My absolute favorite characters are Picard and Dr. Crusher. As a young girl they were the main reason I watched the show. Now that I am older I can appreciate all the characters and understand the point of the episodes that I am watching but Picard and Crusher still remain my favs! I am a huge supporter of the p/c romance therefore I am definately not a fan of the movies. More often then not I tend to forget they ever happened. I enjoy all the seasons and tend to watch them in succession from beginning to end over and over again. I am a pretty open-minded person when it comes to discussing anything TNG so I hope to have some good discussions on here.
Canuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2009, 07:03 AM   #567
Jester808
Ensign

Hello, I'm Jester. I am 24 and TNG is what got me into Star Trek a very very long time ago. My favorite character is Q, so naturally, any episode with Q in it is my favorite I've gotten into the other Star Treks now, but TNG will always remain my favorite to just sit back and run through the seasons.
Jester808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2009, 12:51 AM   #568
BlueWolf
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey all, I'm BlueWolf. I've been watching TNG for absolutely ages, probably since I was very young actually, although I don't remember when I first became interested in the franchise. I will admit that I've not really seen much of TOS; TNG is what got me hooked on Star Trek.

It's quite hard to pick a favourite character, as I think they're all awesome (by far the best set of characters of any Star Trek series), but I do think that Picard, Data, and Riker are slightly better than the rest.

Considering I've been a fan for so long, I suppose I should have registered here sooner.
BlueWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2009, 05:49 AM   #569
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Hi everyone, I'm T'Girl. 22 in a few days, live in seattle, study for a degree in chemical engineering at the U of Dub (go huskies), make my money at a big insurance company. Self described trekkie from age seven, love trek, original first, knock-offs second. Like the way in the later shows how all the charactors get to have face time with the camera. Favourite is Seven of Nine, I feel she is the one on all the shows that changes the most, make me okay with my changes. Also Worf, he doesn't think like everyone else, and sticks to he personal convictions.
T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2009, 06:00 AM   #570
Chrisisall
Commodore

Happy (almost) Birthday!
Chrisisall is offline   Reply With Quote