New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 24 2009, 09:42 PM   #496
Atlantia
Cadet

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

G'Day All

I've just joined your happy little band of fans. I look forward to being part of this Forum.

My name is Ian, I'm an Aussie (Australian) and just cossed into middle age. I am a Naval Historian and author, and I've been a lifetime Star Trek Fan.

I thought TNG was some of the best Trek out there. The Inner Light, I will admit, still brings a tear to my eye. Yesterdays Enterprise, the Best of Both Worlds, Face of the Enemy and Chains of Command are some of the best sci fi put out, while if you had to end a series, All good things...was the best such episode to end a series run (Those that watched Blake's 7 know what I mean.)

There used to be large Star Trek clubs here in Perth, where I live, but they all got shut down in 1996 by the Authorities due to the clubs broadcasting episodes (yes they did, but we were at least five years behind the US in Trek, it was the only way we'd get to see them before the turn of the century) I used to write fan fiction for the club magazines, some of which might find its way onto this Forum (in the right place of course)

So to end this post...
I love the Romulans, but am cool with Klingons.
I love the Galaxy class starships, hate the Soveriegn class, looks ugly.
And I think Worf is still 'not a merry man!'

Atlantia
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 11:34 PM   #497
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome
Atlantia

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
TS-1838-SWATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 12:02 AM   #498
kythe
Commander

Hello everyone! I am a nurse (LPN) and have two children, and I've been a Star Trek fan for many years now.

In TNG, I've always related more to Deanna Troi than any other characters. I am very much like her personality-wise (but unfortunately I don't share her appearance. ). Over the years I have come to believe her character was rather poorly utilized in the show, so I can no longer say she is a favorite.

It's hard to pick a favorite TNG character because part of what made that show work so much is the strong chemistry between them all. One didn't really shine over another, the entire cast work well together. They are all excellent actors as well, as we see from the holodeck episodes where they take on different characters.
kythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 12:43 AM   #499
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

kythe wrote: View Post
Hello everyone! I am a nurse (LPN) and have two children, and I've been a Star Trek fan for many years now.

In TNG, I've always related more to Deanna Troi than any other characters. I am very much like her personality-wise (but unfortunately I don't share her appearance. ). Over the years I have come to believe her character was rather poorly utilized in the show, so I can no longer say she is a favorite.

It's hard to pick a favorite TNG character because part of what made that show work so much is the strong chemistry between them all. One didn't really shine over another, the entire cast work well together. They are all excellent actors as well, as we see from the holodeck episodes where they
take on different characters.
Welcome kythe
You should check out my topic

Deanna Troi: What changes would you make

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
Old March 25 2009, 01:25 AM   #500
SpaceProg
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to SpaceProg Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SpaceProg Send a message via Yahoo to SpaceProg

Hiya. I don't really have much to say, as it would sound like most people's here. I like TNG. Have for a good while, and while I'm not as die-hard a trekker as I used to be, and have branched out into other shows, Trek (particularly TNG) will hold a special place in my heart. I'll see you all around. *waves*
SpaceProg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 11:23 AM   #501
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

I'm sure I must have posted in this thread at some point over the past. Anyway, I've just been reading through the most recent introductions, and I'd just like to say that there have been so many new members lately that have been contributing to the TNG forum and the board in general and I've enjoyed meeting you all.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 03:06 PM   #502
mxmxmx

[FONT=Arial]Jamie bamber [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Captain Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama in Battlestar Galactica [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ralph Brown[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ric Olie in Star Wars episode 1 the phantom menace [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Appearing on soccer am which is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky 1 at 9.00 am until 12.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Live chats and taking part in the road to rome challenge [/FONT]
Old March 31 2009, 12:43 AM   #503
SomniumRabidum
Lieutenant Commander

I've been a huge TNG fan since the beginning. I was young at the time, but my dad watched religiously so I became a fan by default. I still watch several episodes regularly, it's easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

I got tired of DS9 pretty early, but I've recently been giving it another shot, starting with season 4.

I couldn't stand Janeway or Chakotay, but I loved the idea behind Voyager and I thoroughly enjoyed several episodes.

So anyways, I'm SomniumRabidum and I hope to be here for a long time. This is my first Star Trek forum, and judging by what I've read over the past few weeks I know FAR LESS about the Star Trek universe than most of you. I hope to learn more by frequenting this forum and I look forward to contributing where I can.

Oh, and just in case I have any fellow enthusiasts around here, I'm a diehard Steelers fan and a MMA fanatic.
SomniumRabidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2009, 12:56 AM   #504
Roberto
Lieutenant

TNG is my favorite Trek series.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2009, 05:26 PM   #505
Frazzled
Commander

Hello. I've just joined this forum. TNG was the first Star Trek I got into and I also love Voyager.

TNG got better and better I think, I love the final series with episodes such as phantasms best - I think the writing was fantastic, real suspense, and by then the characters had had a chance to develop. Voyager on the other hand had huge potential, to be honest it's probably my favourite, but I feel a bit let down by the way the most of the characters seemed to stagnate a bit and later episodes aren't as good - it didn't help that I'm not fond of Seven. I wasn't as keen on DS9 as the whole 'stuck on a space station' thing didn't interest me as much, but I think it was well written and got better as it went on. I loved Sisko and was a huge fan of the Kira/Odo relationship.

My favourite TNG Characters - hmmmmm. Definitely Picard, he's great. Not so sure about either of the women, the Doc was a bit soppy I thought and I really didn't like the Counsellor at all. Data is fab, a mixture of humourous with serious debate about what makes a person a person, iyswim, loved him to bits. Worf was good and I liked him even better when he got to DS9. Geordi was well developed you could watch him growing up in a way - I loved seeing him a captain in an episode of Voyager.

I'm not really all that keen on the stuff set after the series, I read Before Dishonour because of the Janeway thing but I prefer leaving the crew of the Enterprise from the tv series together in my head. Similarly the first three films were ok but as for killing Data in Nemesis ... don't get me started! he'd only just begun to embrace his humanity. Pah

Now all I need is more hours in a week and I'll have time to try Enterprise and TOS
Frazzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2009, 10:30 PM   #506
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome: SpaceProg

Last edited by TS-1838-SWATH; April 4 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old April 4 2009, 11:56 PM   #507
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome: mxmxmx

Old April 4 2009, 11:57 PM   #508
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome: SomniumRabidum

Old April 4 2009, 11:59 PM   #509
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome: Roberto

Old April 5 2009, 12:00 AM   #510
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome: Frazzled