MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 11 2009, 09:56 AM   #466
trekkerguy
Commodore

View trekkerguy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkerguy
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Reporting for duty.

Starting watching from birth.
Grew up with the show and graduated into the rest of Trek.
Old January 14 2009, 10:47 PM   #467
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Welcome new TNG fans. I wish I was a new TNG fan. Watched all these episodes so many times that it would be cool to watch 'em again for the first time.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2009, 02:25 PM   #468
RikerLover
Lieutenant Commander

I'm a Trek fan from TOS days but TNG is my favorite. I love the entire cast but my favorite is Jonathan Frakes. I grew up 20-25 miles from where he grew up. I've met most of the cast except Patrick Stewart and Wil Wheaton.
RikerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 03:35 AM   #469
MichaelArn99
Ensign

Last edited by MichaelArn99; January 23 2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: posted twice
MichaelArn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 03:46 AM   #470
MichaelArn99
Ensign

Hey everyone!

My name is Michael, and I too grew up during the first airings of the TNG series. Although I was a little young (age 10 when TNG started), I quickly became an avid fan. Of course that fanaticism continued with DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, but for me TNG will always be the best.

I am particularly fond of John DeLance, and therefore episodes that featured "Q," like this one. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/me...rd_stabbed.jpg

Last edited by MichaelArn99; January 23 2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling
MichaelArn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2009, 05:33 AM   #471
Klingon Empire
Captain

I post in every forum. I'm like all Trek's equaly. I do not know why I'm posting here.
Old January 23 2009, 07:25 AM   #472
RavenWolf
Ensign

Hi,
I've been a Star Trek fan since I was little. This is my first time posting in a Trek forum. I like all the different Treks, but TNG is my favorite so I figured this was a fitting place for my first post.

My favorite characters are Data, so cute! (yes I'm a girl) and Picard, their both played by really great actors. My favorite type of episodes are the character based ones. I don't particularly care for the war type episodes which I think is why I'm not as fond of DS9 as I am of TNG. I prefer Picards diplomatic approach.

I'm currently working on watching all the trek episodes. I'm almost done with TNG, next I'm going to watch TOS, Voyager, Enterprise and DS9. I had wanted to watch them in order... But who ever checked out the first and second seasons of DS9 and Enterprise from my local library in July hasn't returned them yet.

Well thats enough about me.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2009, 07:50 PM   #473
hackercat13
Cadet

Hello!

This is also my first post to the forums. I have been a trek fan all my life. My step-father and I used to wake up every Saturday morning in the early 70's (I am 38 years old), to watch reruns of TOS.

Next Gen was amazing, and I actually cried when it went off the air. It felt like losing a member of my family.

My favorites are: Inner Light, Times Arrow I & II, and Chain of Command I & II.

I also enjoy building trek models. I am blessed to have a wife who understands and supports my madness! She let me spend 8 hours at the Star Trek experience in Vegas on our honeymoon!

Chris
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep? Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
hackercat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 06:57 PM   #474
CaptPicard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Everyone!

Name's CaptPicard. Ive been a trek fan since I can remember. One of the coolest memories I have was coming down the steps for Christmas and finding every Star Trek Generations action figure under the sun beneath my Christmas tree. That and me and a friend going to see Undiscovered Country in the theatres. Next Gen is my favorite of the shows but I love all them. For me any and all trek is good trek. From TOS-straight to Enterprise, I love it. I've got everything on DVD and trek is pretty much all i read. I used to post at StarTrek.com and my account is probably still active there, but i figured id give these forums a try. I've dragged my wife, just got married last July, to 4 conventions and met Patrick Stewart and a handful of other actors that I like from the franchise. When i graduated college my wife, then my girlfriend bought me 2 boxes worth of TNG playmates action figures sealed in their package. There were like 40 figures in all. Ever since then I started collecting Star Trek Action Figures. Whenever she gets mad at me for pre-ordering something from art asylum i just look at her and say it was all her fault.
I look foward to seeing everyone around.
CaptPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 11:35 PM   #475
Lt Cmdr Data
Ensign

Sup! I'm Tony From Australia, and is a huge fan of TNG, TOS DS9. and Stargate series.. I love chess and reading Star trek.
Lt Cmdr Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2009, 06:20 AM   #476
Daneel
Rear Admiral

I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Daneel. I've been lurking on this board for years, and last week I finally decided that I may as well take the plunge and sign up as a member. It's kind of strange -- I feel like I know many of you so well already, but you don't know anything about me! Well, I shall have to remedy that!

I grew up on Trek, especially TNG (however, I was four years old when it premiered, so I came into the game a bit later on in its run). For sentimental reasons, TNG is probably my favourite Trek (although DS9 comes a close second), and possibly my favourite TV show ever. I realize it has its flaws --it could have been more daring, it perhaps could have bent the Roddenberry rules just a tad and added more conflict, and some of it (particularly in the first two seasons) hasn't aged very well-- but to all of that I say, "Feh". I still love the show, its characters, its stories, etc. ... and I always will. It will forever remain a happy memory of my childhood.

Unfortunately, I've never been to any conventions or met any of the actors, but it's on my list of things to do someday. I did, however, once dress up as Data for Halloween (I can't quite remember how old I was -- probably nine or ten), as he was, and still is, my favourite character. Such a lovable, inquisitive, and noble character -- he really embodied the best of the things that Star Trek stands for, IMO.

Anyway, that's me and my TNG story. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you!
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2009, 06:43 PM   #477
Holodeck Addict
Ensign

Just wanted to take the time to say hi all. Ill see you around.
Holodeck Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2009, 03:54 AM   #478
Gates
Lieutenant Commander

View Gates's Twitter Profile

*waves hello*

I thought I used to have an account here... guess I was mistaken. Anyway, I'm Gates. Obviously got the nickname from TNG. I grew up watching it with my family and then by myself when it was in reruns. Now for giggles after reading the Destiny Trilogy, I'm re-watching Next Gen from the beginning (in the middle of season three now).
Old February 11 2009, 03:59 AM   #479
leola
Lieutenant

Hello.
I am a long-time TNG fan, new to this board. I look forward to meeting you all.
leola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 07:29 AM   #480
Rayek4eq
Ensign

Hey all!

I'm an old hat at Star Trek, as 'old hat' as one can be for being 22... I've watched Star Trek TNG since I could remember what a TV was, and watched a lot of DS9.

I've had a foot-tall Spock figure on my desk since I've had a desk.

I remember thinking my mom's Dodge Minivan looked like a shuttlecraft.

I remember being 'beamed up' when OMSI (a science museum in Portland, OR) had a Star Trek TNG exhibit.

I got to meet Patrick Stewart and he was kind of rude when I mentioned TNG. He's really short.

There ya go.
Rayek4eq is offline   Reply With Quote