Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old November 18 2008, 11:51 PM   #451
saloonstudios
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I'm surprised by how many people there are around my age with similar experiences. I'm 24 and I remember very clearly watching All Good Things on the edge of my seat. When that episode was over I had an empty feeling in my stomach for sure. When the DVDs started coming out (2001ish?) I started buying them and after I'd watched them all I was slightly disappointed to find out that I had in fact already seen all of the episodes either first-run or during weekly reruns.
The TNG crew was my other family and I still visit them once a week or so on my ipod.
Oh, Riker of course is my favorite, and Where Silence Has Lease in S2 is my favorite episode. Great Riker line in that episode too-
saloonstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2008, 03:29 AM   #452
agordy85
Ensign

I've enjoyed TNG for many years. Data has always been my most favorite character with Q being my favorite guest star. My favorite episode would have to either be Q Who?, Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2, or Yesterday's Enterprise. I also love all the episodes that allowed the characters to be other characters, like when Picard or Data performs Shakespeare, or when Picard becomes PI Dix, Data becomes Sherlock, etc. I've actually met Brent Spiner and John DeLancie. It was quite an experience.
agordy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2008, 10:25 PM   #453
My2tailwaggers
Lieutenant

Hello All! My name is Debbie and I live in South Florida (but I am from San Diego). I have been a fan of all things Trek since TNG came out. I enjoy the whole cast of TNG... no favorite really. I attended the Las Vegas Convention this year and had a great time meeting the cast that were present. I am flying home in a couple of weeks to check out the Star Trek Exhibit in the Air and Space museum in San Diego and I cant wait for that!
I really enjoy reading all of the TNG books.. esp the relaunch ones taking place after the series ended (which I guess would include the Titan books with Troi and Riker!).
My2tailwaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2008, 11:33 PM   #454
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

Im a TNG fan, but im a fan of all Trek as well. TNG got a little too preachy for me at times, but overall it was a good series.
Old December 8 2008, 01:10 AM   #455
Captain Zog
Lieutenant Commander

Well, I'm just an all-round Star Trek perv, but it was TNG that got me into the show(s) way back in the early 90s. I've always found early TNG, with its supremely 80s feel, campy, almost TOS atmosphere and sense of galactic danger quite compelling. That said, I think the series just went from strength to strength, with TNG developing into a wonderful example of mature Trek from Season 3 onwards. What else is there to say? The show laid the basis for the subsequent series' and I just love it.
Captain Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2008, 04:02 PM   #456
ChickenPug!
Lieutenant

I guess you can say I rediscovered STNG. I grew up watching it with my dad. One of my first memories is sitting on my Dad's shoulder because the theater lobby was too crowded at a Khan screening.

When my disgust for George Lucas became too much to ignore, I began re watching STNG in order. I feel in love with it, and it captured my imagination again. So that brought me here.

I won't argue what is better between each incarnation of Star Trek. The only complaint is they killed off K'Ehleyr. You can have Crusher, Troi or Yar but I'll take K'Ehleyr.
ChickenPug! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2008, 10:08 PM   #457
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

I still wish local syndicated stations had the right to TNG reruns because they were such a stape of late 90s television around my parts. You could watch TOS and TNG on the same Fox station on the same night, sometimes back to back depending on the time of year.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 08:07 PM   #458
Commander Rabbit
Commander

I'm Commander Rabbit, age 58, female, love all things TNG... the way it deals w/ serious issues, morality, philosophy, etc.; the characters; the optimistic view of the future...

Nice to meet you all.
Commander Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2008, 02:33 AM   #459
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

G'day everyone, i am a huge TNG fan,i have watched all 7 season over and over again,my favourite character would be number 1,think it a great show,the better trek show than the others including the original series.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2008, 07:56 AM   #460
2 of 10
Captain

WOW, Quite a turnout this thread has generated, love it. I am 48, which means I was around to see TOS in it's first run, I was pretty young way back then, however it did manage to captivate my imagination, what made it really cool is that just a couple later we actually did land on the moon.

I had to wait 18 years for TNG to make it's debut, I thought it may be just like TOS however it was anything but TOS. I really liked the bald Capt, The Klingon Tacticle officer, (I thought they still looked like the Tribbles Klingons) The guy with the weird Visors, The blonde security officer, The hot Telepath, The Redhead Doc and her annoying kid, and finally the gold skinned android names Data.

Much bigger ship, that could seperate the saucer section from the nacell rear section. Bigger, Better, Faster, Cooler with much better FX. Needless to say I was hooked from the start...LLAP
2 of 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2009, 07:03 PM   #461
erinanderson
Ensign

Hi all! *waves* I am a Star Trek Newbie, only been watching since last summer. My husband was a huge Trekkie growing up, he watched TNG growing up so that's his all time favorite series. I started in on what I deemed the "Trek Project" last summer and so far I have watched Enterprise, TOS, the first 8 movies, all of TNG and the first season of DS9. Up next on the plate is movies 9 & 10 and season two of DS9. I hope to finish DS9 and Voyager before movie #11 comes out in May.

So far TNG is a tie for favorite series along with ENT. But out all of the characters that I have been exposed to so far I enjoy Data the most. I think Brent Spiner is a phenomenal actor and I would love to meet him someday (and hopefully do more than be a gushing fangirl).
erinanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2009, 11:16 AM   #462
Lucy of Nine
Commander

HI everyone!

My name is Lucy, I'm a 29 year old Aussie girl, grew up watching TNG, and fell in love with Ds9 and Voyager when they came out... Voyager and TNG are both my favourites, but I mostly just post in the Voy forums here. I just rediscovered ST recently after a long hiatus, and have just watched VOY from beginning to end, hence why I've been hiding in the VOY forums!

I just bought the whole TNG series off the net and am eagerly awaiting them so I can watch the whole series from top to bottom, it will have been decades since I have seen much of it (I grew up wanting to be Deanna... then Dax... then Seven...LOL). I look forward to posting in here when I get my series in the mail!

Smiles,
Lucy
Lucy of Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2009, 05:38 PM   #463
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Welcome to all the new TNG posters!
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2009, 09:16 PM   #464
Lt.Cmdr.LaForge
Lieutenant Commander

I have recently started to get into Star trek, but instead of just reading about it and catching the odd re-run on TV i have decided to buy all 7 seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager. As i write this im currently half way through S4 of TNG and im loving every second of it. Picard, Worf, Data and Riker are all equally my favourite characters. Im currently at the University of Huddersfield studying a BA in music production. Patrick Stewart is the chancellor of my university and i think this has had some strange impact on my decision to go and buy all these DVD's =]
Old January 11 2009, 08:35 AM   #465
Lucy of Nine
Commander

He's Chancellor? Does that mean he's there all the time, or is it some honourary role... ooh thats exciting...
Lucy of Nine is offline   Reply With Quote