Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old May 12 2008, 10:25 AM   #391
mr.peany
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hey all, im mr.peany, from Melbourne, Australia. ive been a member on these boards for just shy of a decade now. Grew up with TNG, it has been and always will be my favourite Trek and TV show in general.
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2008, 05:40 AM   #392
deanimal
Cadet

I love TNG!

My name is Deanna, I am 18, I live in Texas.

Data is so sexy.

Not to mention Picard.

In fact, I made a facebook group about him. Join it! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0233115&ref=ts
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2008, 02:01 PM   #393
AlboOfBorg
Commander

Hey everyone! I'm 29, grew up on ST: TNG. Favorite episode (probably of all television history) is Best of Both Worlds part I. I like the Enterprise-E more than the D but the D comes in a close second.
AlboOfBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2008, 01:14 AM   #394
Jhaenara
Ensign

Send a message via Yahoo to Jhaenara

Guess I should start posting so I can put up an avatar, etc... lol... I usually like to lurk before I get into any forums.

Anyways, My name is Jeanne but have gone by Jhaenara (or Jhae) online for a loooong time, so I mainly use that. I have used names like DrBPicard or DrBeverly in IRC looong ago.

I'm 32 and I currently live in NE (husband in USAF and we're stationed here). I met said husband in a Star Trek chatroom about 13 years ago... lol. the #Holodeck on Compuserve to be exact. My name there was *DrBeverlyCrusher*... big surprise... lol. Guess you can tell who my favorite character is (and we're both redheads to boot )

My husband and I have a four year old son, William (or Will). It's actually William Thomas, but he's not specifically named after Riker or anything, I just started liking the name Will when I heard it used on TNG, lol. Plus my husband's first name is Thomas and we didn't want to do a junior.

I have been watching Star Trek: TNG since it went off the air. I caught the last episode and fell in love. I also watched Voyager, but not much of the other series.

Anyways, I guess that's about it for now...
Old May 24 2008, 11:41 AM   #395
M
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the board, AlboOfBorg and Jhaenara! It's good to have you.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2008, 08:05 PM   #396
ZMistress
Lieutenant Commander

I must have missed this thread. *smacks head*

I'm 27 and from Germany (which may cause me to mess up English grammar now and then).

TNG is my second favorite Trek show - my all time favorite being DS9, but I liked more than a few VOY episodes as well, so I'm not about to spread hatred for any of the other shows (I haven't seen much of ENT and TOS, so I'm not about to judge these... at least not much).
I only got into Trek during the TNG re-runs though I had seen a few episodes before. But those seemed to be mostly Westley-centric (just my luck) and I never got really hooked until later on when I stumbled over "I, Borg" and "Inner Light", was fascinated and tried to see more of the show. I bought all the Borg episodes on VHS and taped what I could of the re-runs. By now my husband and me own all of the TNG DVDs, so I managed to fill in the gaps.

My favorites are Picard, Data and Dr. Crusher (I generally like Doctors - with the exception of Dr. Pulaski).
Old May 27 2008, 08:14 PM   #397
JayTheTrekkie
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JayTheTrekkie

How the heck did I miss this thread when it was stickied? lol

I"m a big TNG fan here!

I love the series. Great episodes and storyline. My favorite characters were Riker, Data, Troi, Worf, and Ro Laren
JayTheTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2008, 09:27 PM   #398
M
Vice Admiral

ZMistress wrote: View Post
I'm 27 and from Germany (which may cause me to mess up English grammar now and then).
Ach, du machst dich doch ganz gut bis jetzt.

TNG is my second favorite Trek show - my all time favorite being DS9
Wonderful! This board needs more Niners!

My favorites are Picard, Data and Dr. Crusher (I generally like Doctors - with the exception of Dr. Pulaski).
Really? Doctor Pulaski is one of my favorite characters.

Again, a sincere welcome to this board, ZMistress! Also to you, JayTheTrekkie!
Old May 28 2008, 01:57 PM   #399
ZMistress
Lieutenant Commander

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Ach, du machst dich doch ganz gut bis jetzt.
Danke.

Really? Doctor Pulaski is one of my favorite characters.

Again, a sincere welcome to this board, ZMistress! Also to you, JayTheTrekkie!
Well, it's not that I hate her, I just didn't care all that much what would happen to her. Maybe I just wanted Bev back. Or it's a matter of different taste.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the nice welcome.
Old May 29 2008, 05:31 PM   #400
DrPiano
Cadet

Hey all! I'm a medical student and I've been watching Star Trek since I was very little. My father and I used to watch TNG together every Sunday evening and I've loved it ever since. I've been blessed to find my fiance who loves Star Trek even more than I do, and he's reawakened my passion for all things Trek. While I've loved Trek for a long time, I'm brand new to this forum!

I think Naraht summed up my favorite parts of TNG in one of the earliest posts in this thread:

Naraht wrote: View Post
I've grown up on TNG, right from the first episode. I love it for its humanism, its philosophical depth, and its optimistic belief that we can aspire to be more than we are today. For me, the spirit of TNG is summed up by Picard's quote: "Oh, I know Hamlet. And what he said with irony, I say with conviction: 'What a piece of work is man...'".
I love the way TNG tackles really tough contemporary philosophical/ethical issues. Some of the episodes that stand out to me in this aspect are "Measure of a Man", "The Outcast", and "Ethics." I also like episodes that really explore the characters in the series. I also love the way so many TNG episodes have mysteries more than enemies. There aren't always bad guys that they have to kill or defeat or destroy. I've always loved puzzles.

I doubt I'll be posting pictures any time soon, but as far as romantic storylines, I've always wanted to see Picard and Crusher really end up together and I love the Riker/Troi combination. I was thrilled when they finally got married.
DrPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2008, 10:13 PM   #401
M
Vice Admiral

^ Welcome to the board, DrPiano! Good to have you.
Old June 2 2008, 05:20 AM   #402
MiralParis
Lieutenant

Hello! I'm Melissa, I'm 25 and from Littleton, Colorado.

I consider myself a re-born again Trekkie as I was a die-hard Trek fan until I got to high school and my obsession faded. It has returned again and I am very glad to be back

I grew up on TNG and while I love Voyager most, TNG is a very, very close second for me. My fav characters from TNG are Troi and Data, with Picard and Riker following.

Besides that I work for a local Sheriff's office and I am a full time college student at Metro State majoring in Criminal Justice. I read, draw, disc-golf, play softball, hike, camp, and atv on a regular basis.

TNG set a new standard for Star Trek and they did an amazing job! I enojoyed all 7 seasons of TNG and their proceeding films.

Tom - "I hope someday you'll say that to me and mean it."
MiralParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2008, 01:02 PM   #403
asdf1
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to asdf1

Favourite character on TNG is Data hands down

Favourite recurring character is Q, with Lwaxana Troi in a close second
asdf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2008, 11:00 PM   #404
Red Ranger
Admiral

MiralParis wrote: View Post
Hello! I'm Melissa, I'm 25 and from Littleton, Colorado.

I consider myself a re-born again Trekkie as I was a die-hard Trek fan until I got to high school and my obsession faded. It has returned again and I am very glad to be back

I grew up on TNG and while I love Voyager most, TNG is a very, very close second for me. My fav characters from TNG are Troi and Data, with Picard and Riker following.

Besides that I work for a local Sheriff's office and I am a full time college student at Metro State majoring in Criminal Justice. I read, draw, disc-golf, play softball, hike, camp, and atv on a regular basis.

TNG set a new standard for Star Trek and they did an amazing job! I enojoyed all 7 seasons of TNG and their proceeding films.
Hey, MiralParis, I like your avatar! I'm a diehard TNG fan, even with its flaws, like the uneven first and second seasons, Wesley as wunderkind, and the, at times, missed opportuniites with Troi and Geordi.

My favorite characters are Picard, Data, Worf and Riker, in that order. Least favorite: Wesley, Beverly, and Yar. Most unfulfilled potential: Troi and Geordi.

I may start a thread asking what everyone would have done differently with TNG if they were charged with how its characters developed.

Red Ranger

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2008, 06:13 AM   #405
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

New to this forum--I didn't feel I had the right to pop in until I had seen more eps (some for the first time, many for the second/third/fourth). I've been following SciFi's marathon for two weeks now, and finally felt comfortable saying hello.

Man, I was too young when this first aired to really see how frustratingly idiotic Riker is in the first two seasons. I have a newfound love for Data, and Q is still my fave Trek character ever.

Like some others, I mourned the passing of this show...and to this day I still have backlash against DS9 because it was the show that followed TNG (it could have been nearly anything and I would have hated it... "there is no Trek but TNG" was my mantra for years).

TNG runs neck-and-neck with ENT for my favorite series