TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome all! :)

2. Cap.Sicho Nosk

Cap.Sicho Nosk Ensign Red Shirt

my favorite thing about TNG (besides everything) is there ability to take gene's idea to a whole new level. in my opinion TOS took an awsome idea and turned it into a tv show, and TNG took that show and made it seem real!

3. troisboobs

troisboobs Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, my name is Jenny and I'm a senior at Ohio State. TNG is my favorite because it is the best and I found this site while searching for that article about a guy holding up a store with a klingon sword and thought it'd be cool to connect with other star trek fans.

I favor episodes with Q, and Data is my favorite character..Cliche? Probably, but oh well!

One of my first star trek memories is watching the episode with the blob of tar that kills Tasha, I was 5-6 years old. My dad was obsessed with star trek and thats where I get it from :)

4. Krendoshazin

Krendoshazin Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all. I'm 25 from England, I've been a Star Trek fan for quite a long time, although I've never joined a forum to discuss it before. I was only about 3 years old when TNG started so by the time I was 10 it had already finished. We grew up with DS9 but I wasn't really a great fan of it, although my sister seemed to like it for a while.
    The series that really grabbed my interest was voyager, the techie in me loves the more technical side of things and so it instantly appealed to me. The technology in TNG was always used as a vehicle for the drama and so there wasn't an awful lot of detail about it. In recent years though I've found myself quite attracted to that drama and now rate TNG as one of my favourite series, along with voyager of course.

The character I most identify with would probably be Jean-Luc Picard. He is a man of good taste and excellent moral standard, his knowledge of the arts is impressive, and his diplomatic skills equally so. He keeps a cool head while making tough decisions and isn't afraid to ask for the opinions of his officers. The thing he most strives for is lasting peace.
    From voyager it would probably be Tuvok. While most view Tuvok as cold and logical I view him as a man of reason and experience. The vulcans were a violent and savage race that could have decided to continue that way, instead they took measures to contain those emotions and become beings of great intelligence. It's easy to justify ourselves by believing we can be nothing but what we are, hence the existence of the Romulans.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Always good to see new TNG fans here. :cool:

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. Makes me jelous when people are getting introduced to the show now because I've seen it so many times I miss the days when there was a new episode.

7. Gates

Gates Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hear you on that.

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I'm one of those people who grew up watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation", but over the past few months I've been getting into "Star Trek" and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". I think both have some amazing episodes and are much better than I ever thought they'd be, but "TNG" is still my favourite. My favourite episodes are "The Best of Both Worlds (part 1), "Yesterday's Enterprise", "Deja Q", "The Hunted", and "The Measure of a Man". Season 3 rules. I joined this forum just to get help finding what episode a quote is from, but this place looks really fun, so I may stick around even after my question is answered (if it ever is!).

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I watched my first STNG episode in months the other day..one itty bitty show, and I had to drag out a few others to watch. I still love this damn show!

10. TS-1838-SWATH

TS-1838-SWATH Commander Red Shirt

I've been lurking on this board for years, tried registering around 3 years ago ? (The site gave me the message that one of the Mod team would activate my account in a few weeks, nothing ever came of that)

I started watching T.O.S. re-runs as a kid, I was 12 when T.N.G. came on the air, Viewed 3 of the 4 T.N.G. Films in the Cinema went on to DS9 {Niner as Well} Tried to like V.G.R. gave up early year 4 checked in on yrs 5-7 I
    Some people call VGR's last Episode EndShame :devil: BUT I Call it "EvenMoreShame" :evil::guffaw:and as ENT that was a disaster

Occ: Student-Commputer Networking/Sales Assoc.

11. Havri

Havri Ensign Newbie

Second on the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Hello, all. I'm Havri, I'm 15 and I've been watching Trek since I was...what, two?

I don't really remember the episodes that I watched when I was two very well, but I do remember that my favorite character was Captain Janeway, mostly because she was a woman captain, and I'm a girl. Now, I think my favorite character has to be Picard, but I like all of them...now. I really hated Worf in the first seasons; I was used to the TOS Klingons and he seemed too....prissy. But once he got older, I started appreciating him more. I used to pretend that I didn't like Q, because the rest of my family couldn't stand him, but I think he's kind of funny. TNG is probably the best, but DS9 is great as well (I'm watching those for the first time currently, on DVD) and TOS is cool. I hardly remember VOY, as I last saw it when I was two feet tall, and I've never seen ENT.

And...well, as I start posting more you'll undoubtedly find out anyway, so I might as well tell you now....I'm totally obsessed with Romulans, and everything about them. It annoys me that most of their appearances are wasted on using them as the two dimensional bad-guys, and I really hope that if there is ever a new movie or series set after TNG that the Romulans will have either joined the Federation or at least be allied to it, like the Klingons are. We could do with some Romulan crewmembers (You know Simon Tarses doesn't count, though I really wish they'd made him a regular character rather than just leaving his story hanging like that).

That being said, I can't stand Tomalok. I'll put up with him, but I'll never like him.

Some of my favorite TNG episodes (in no particular order):

The Enemy
    Lower Decks
    The Drumhead
    Timescape
    Gambit (Parts I & II)
    Shades of Gray
    Time's Arrow (Parts I & II)
    Conspiracy
    I, Borg
    ......And plenty more, of course, but I'll let you go now. Bye!

12. TS-1838-SWATH

ENT Gets worse from start to end Be GLAD you have NOT SEEN it

13. TS-1838-SWATH

Tomalok-->The character may not be the BEST the ACTOR behind him is GREAT he also Played G'Kar on B5

14. Oparu

Oparu Ensign Red Shirt

I'm Opal. I'm 25. I'm teaching English in South Korea at the moment before I head to England to work on a PhD. I'm originally from Minnesota.

The very first thing I remember seeing on television was "Skin of Evil" I was three, I was traumatized by watching the nice man in red (Riker) get sucked into the black stuff. I remember my parents explaining that the wise bald man would save them and everyone would beam up home. (Except Tasha, who's death my parents had to explain) Beaming up home stuck with me. Star Trek was a huge, comforting part of my childhood.

Now that I'm an adult I understand nuances and ideas that were totally lost on me as a child. It's a whole new show but definitely something that's always been with me.

15. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome Oparu

16. Atlantia

Atlantia Cadet Newbie

G'Day All

I've just joined your happy little band of fans. I look forward to being part of this Forum.

My name is Ian, I'm an Aussie (Australian) and just cossed into middle age. I am a Naval Historian and author, and I've been a lifetime Star Trek Fan.

I thought TNG was some of the best Trek out there. The Inner Light, I will admit, still brings a tear to my eye. Yesterdays Enterprise, the Best of Both Worlds, Face of the Enemy and Chains of Command are some of the best sci fi put out, while if you had to end a series, All good things...was the best such episode to end a series run (Those that watched Blake's 7 know what I mean.)

There used to be large Star Trek clubs here in Perth, where I live, but they all got shut down in 1996 by the Authorities due to the clubs broadcasting episodes (yes they did, but we were at least five years behind the US in Trek, it was the only way we'd get to see them before the turn of the century) I used to write fan fiction for the club magazines, some of which might find its way onto this Forum (in the right place of course)

So to end this post...
    I love the Romulans, but am cool with Klingons.
    I love the Galaxy class starships, hate the Soveriegn class, looks ugly.
    And I think Worf is still 'not a merry man!':lol::lol::lol:

Atlantia

17. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome
    Atlantia

18. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone! I am a nurse (LPN) and have two children, and I've been a Star Trek fan for many years now.

In TNG, I've always related more to Deanna Troi than any other characters. I am very much like her personality-wise (but unfortunately I don't share her appearance. ;)). Over the years I have come to believe her character was rather poorly utilized in the show, so I can no longer say she is a favorite.

It's hard to pick a favorite TNG character because part of what made that show work so much is the strong chemistry between them all. One didn't really shine over another, the entire cast work well together. They are all excellent actors as well, as we see from the holodeck episodes where they take on different characters.

19. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome kythe
    You should check out my topic :techman::devil:

Deanna Troi: What changes would you make

20. SpaceProg

SpaceProg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by cats.
    Hiya. I don't really have much to say, as it would sound like most people's here. I like TNG. Have for a good while, and while I'm not as die-hard a trekker as I used to be, and have branched out into other shows, Trek (particularly TNG) will hold a special place in my heart. I'll see you all around. *waves*