Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old May 19 2007, 03:21 AM   #316
Kurtman
Lieutenant

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hello fellow Trekkers!

My name is Kim and I'm 17 years old, male and resident in Sweden.
Last autumn the channel TV6 aired episodes of Star Trek - TNG. I figured that I should try watching it, as I loved the occassionally aired OS episode when I was younger - So I started watching, and I haven't stopped since.

Recently I've aquired some of the games, seen all of the movies and experienced every episode of TNG and DS9.

Favourite TNG Characters are Data, Worf and Picard.

Favourite TNG Episodes include "Time's Arrow", "Ship In A Bottle", "Darmok", "Elementary, Dear Data" and "Brothers".
Kurtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2007, 07:36 PM   #317
poundpuppy29
Lieutenant Commander

View poundpuppy29's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Yahoo to poundpuppy29

Hi I am poundpuppy29 and I am 31 female from Ma USA and I loved TNG I watched it religiously (sp)Data, Deanna, and Worf were my favorites.
Old June 8 2007, 06:49 PM   #318
RustyHicks
Ensign

Hello, I am new fan to the forum. TNG is my favorite show, I also love TOS as well. My favorite characters are Riker and Crusher. I am a copy writer.
Fav TNG Episodes: The Naked Now The Best of both worlds Time's arrow, I borg and A new phase :thumbsup:
Old June 10 2007, 08:28 AM   #319
kitsune
Captain

Greetings,

My first exposure to Star Trek was in grade school. I remember watching TOS reruns with my parents, not realizing that the series had been canceled long ago.

TOS, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise were ok, but there's a special place in my heart for TNG. During the last half of TNG's run, I didn't really have much to look forward to but new TNG episodes.

My favorite TNG characters are Picard, Data, and Ro.

My least-favorite are Wesley, Troi, Dr. Crusher, and Pulaski.

I'm not sure what my favorite episodes are, but BOBW ranks up there. I remember accidentally stumbling upon part 2 for the first time sometime in 1990, after midnight, on a 5" black-and-white TV when I should've been in bed, and it rekindled my interest in Star Trek.

However, I hated just about every episode that involved holodeck malfunctions, telepathy (especially those three or four mental-rape episodes), or the "particle of the week". Real drama cannot be created with technobabble and contrived situations.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2007, 09:11 PM   #320
Finn
Vice Admiral

^Are you nuts? Everybody here loves Wesley and Pulaski!

welcome
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2007, 06:16 PM   #321
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Well, I guess I'm a TNG fan, but I always liked DS9 better. TNG had its share of good shows, but I was more of a fan of the big story arcs, myself.
Old June 13 2007, 01:17 AM   #322
RustyHicks
Ensign

Another fan added to the club.
My favorite characters are
Riker
Picard
Dr. Crusher
Worf
and Tasha Yar

I like the episodes,
I borg
New phase
Best of both worlds 1,2
Time's arrow 1,2
and Deja Q
The list just goes on and on.
I also enjoy TOS and most of the movies.
Old June 23 2007, 06:09 PM   #323
kakashi76767
Lieutenant Junior Grade

well, i think the main reason i love the show is its coziness factor!! think about it - the brightly lit hallways and workplaces, everyone walking around in their pajamas, the constant and soothing humming of the engine, the stars are always out... i just want to jump in the screen and live there! i loved the entire cast nearly equally, so i'll list my favorite guests: Q, Kern, Damok, the traveller (i heard he has great insurance) and the dude who escaped that prison planet.

STNG was by far the best trek of them all. lots of people outright hate the characters of wesley, beverly and deanna, and, while i agree they are not the best characters, they are so much better then major kira, sisko, dax, neelix, janeway, and kim, all of whom are either entirely devoid of personality or are irritating to the point of destraction. i mean cmon, i got so tired of kira's constant state of agitation that i stopped watching the show for quite a long time. i know a woman like that in real life and let me tell you, she is no fun at all. shes never really worried, or happy, or compassionate, or loving, or funny, or silly, just ANGRY. i also dont like the gloomy lighting used on those shows. so, to sum up, STNG is a timeless classic i will never get tired of!
kakashi76767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2007, 06:39 AM   #324
Who_Trek
Commander

I watched TOS as a boy lying on my parents bed. Don't know how I actually got started, just one of those things. I watched "Batman" too, but I never got attached -- Star Trek, on the other hand, fell on my head like a boulder.

ST:TNG started just after high school, and I remember being in my family's rec room, watching "Encounter at Farpoint" with my friends and my girlfriend (whom I met due to a "Vulcans never bluff" pin she was wearing on her fluffy pink sweater). Picard and Data are / were the most fascinating characters for me. I liked Riker and his bead, Geordie and his visor. Worf, it took me a long time to warm up to him (I thought he really hit his stride in DS9), and the doctor just never managed to hook me like, say, Bashier and "The Doctor" did. Weasly I could take or leave. I have been rewatching TNG over the last month from the begining, and find the earlier seasons are much better than I remember.

For me, DS9 in the best ST show. I liked all of them, but somehow, DS9 captivated me were TNG merely fascinated me, if you know what I mean.

My "other" board is ESanga: the Buddhist Community at: http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php
(ID: Iljin)
Who_Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2007, 05:44 PM   #325
Mtaco
Cadet

I am an avid DS9 fan, but just spent the last month marathoning every single episode of TNG and am now re in love with Picard and crew. Just joined the ranks of ya'll and hope to continue.

Favorite episodes of TNG
Tapestry
Family
The First Duty
Cause and Effect
The Pegasus
All Good Things...
Chain of Command
The Best of Both Worlds
Yesterday's Enterprise
Redemption
Old July 7 2007, 09:09 PM   #326
UnknownSample
Captain

I may not count to most of you. I'm very big on the Next Gen period starting late in season one, through the first third or so of season four. Even those seasons were only intermittently great, to me. If I liked the idea of being called a "fan", I'd say I was a fan of the first half of Next Gen, not the second.

Favorites:

Q Who
BoBW part 1
Measure of a Man
The Most Toys (because of the end, really)
Yest's Ent
El Dear Data
Conspiracy
Datalore
Brothers

I'm blanking on titles.
Old July 11 2007, 12:32 AM   #327
Chris_Moderato
Lieutenant Commander

I grew up on TNG. I love TNG. It's a bit cerebral at times, and the idea that the only thing people do in the future in their free time is research and perform plays is a little questionable. Still, I always enjoy TNG.

And Enterprise. I don't care. I loved most of Enterprise too. I didn't care for the Pegasus crossover at the end though...ruined two episodes in one.

http://www.trektoday.com/images/news/fg2.jpg
Chris_Moderato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2007, 01:28 AM   #328
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Welcome to all the new folks posting in the TNG forum.

Yeah, TATV isn't much to brag on. When it first aired a few years ago, I didn't care for it much, but I didn't have the immense amount of hatred for it ENT fans did at that time. A month or so ago, I watched the 4th season of ENT again on DVD, and TATV sucked a lot more the 2nd time around. It had some good ideas, but was very poorly written.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2007, 01:59 AM   #329
Chris_Moderato
Lieutenant Commander

One thing that makes it hard to watch is that they essentially added a filter to Enterprise. By telling the story from the point of view of TNG characters, and then having those characters "fast-forward" through scenes, detracted from the integrity of the Enterprise "universe". The fact is, you are no longer "there" with the Enterprise crew as the events unfold, you are instead what, 200 years in the future? So, the TNG characters know what happens before you do. Add that to the fact that, considering this takes place during The Pegasus, you the viewer already know Riker and Troi's futures, and you have one colossal story-telling mess.

I digress, however. I realize this has probably been discussed to death in the Enterprise forum, and that this is the TNG forum. It's just fresh in my mind, having only recently finished ENT. Thank you for your collective patience.

http://www.trektoday.com/images/news/fg2.jpg
Chris_Moderato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2007, 12:39 PM   #330
crocarb
Cadet

I differ from a lot of you in only discovering TNG a few years ago. I had always grouped all those science fiction shows in one basket, until I watched a few episodes of TNG late at night, and found myself hugely enjoying them. I have never really found any of the other Star Treks to have quite the same depth, more resembling crappy soap operas, and, of course, none of them have the divinely titillating Commander Worf. Oh that voice...
crocarb is offline   Reply With Quote