Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old February 8 2007, 09:42 PM   #301
99neesie
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hello all! I am a newbie with an onsession for Will Riker. I love everything about him (except his wife! JK, she's actually pretty cool) Seriously, anything I can get on Will is welcome! Pics, videos, stories...I love it all. I am a 30-something mom working on a Master's degree in Public Relations. I am originally a Kirk fan, but I adore TNG so much. Data is a very close second favorite. I am working on getting my kids hoooked and so far it's going very well. We're planning a trip to Vegas and the ST experience in May!
99neesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2007, 12:30 AM   #302
DostoyevskyClone
Captain

I'm brand-new to the forum but a huge TNG fan. I enjoy defending Riker and generally discussing why he is so cool. I also like discussing overlooked episodes, such as "The Outcast" but also the merits of such creative episodes like "Parallels". I signed up for the forum because I look forward to talking with people who have the same knowledge and appreciation of TNG that I do...
"Life is islands of ecstasy in an ocean of ennui, and after the age of thirty land is seldom seen. At best we wander from one much-worn sandbar to the next, soon familiar with each grain of sand we see..."

The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart
DostoyevskyClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2007, 01:12 AM   #303
Finn
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the TrekBBS, 99 and DC
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2007, 01:31 AM   #304
CaptainJon
Captain

CaptainJon: Hi. I'm Jon.
TNG Fans: Hi, Jon.
CaptainJon: And I'm a TNG fan.

TNG fans applaud
CaptainJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2007, 10:19 PM   #305
darthvincor
Commander

Hi, I'm also new to the forum, name's Vince.

I'm a former heathen: who was once a star wars fan and hardly acknowledged star trek. I didn't start watching ST until the age of 16 or so.
But then I started watching TNG and have been hooked ever since, and am proud to report having had no relapses into star wars.
Though my favorite show is DS9, TNG will always have a special place because it was the first I watched.

And I regretably don't own a ST uniform.
I'm 29.
Old March 7 2007, 10:23 PM   #306
USS Valkyrie
Commander

Hi, my name is Ken.

I have also lapsed into the poser sci-fi that is Star Wars but have seen it for what it really is and have since abandoned it. Though I am I also more devoted to DS9, I still love TNG. I am currently having a Polar Lights 1/350 scale Refit Enterprise built with all the bells and whistles and will have a Studio Scale, 38 inch Defiant NX-74205 model built next year. I am currently shopping for a uniform.
Old March 12 2007, 08:13 AM   #307
K-Star
Fleet Captain

Uh, hi. I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a good Trek forum and I think this one might be worth staying at considering how many people there are. Anyway, y'all can call me K-Star (that's my s/n everywhere that allows hyphens).

TNG is my favorite Trek series, and I absolutely LOVE Data! He is just so awesome! And even though he doesn't understand humor somehow he manages to be one of the funniest characters in the show IMO, mostly because of how naive he can be. Even I'm not that clueless sometimes! But yeah, he's just totally awesome, and my favorite episodes tend to be the ones where Data has the best parts.

Here's a bit of irony for you: When I was younger, I HATED TNG. Dad would watch it all the time and I was so little (it came out in '87, I was born in '88) and it made no sense to me after I grew old enough to actually watch tv. Now, I'm in college, and I can't get enough of it! Too bad I'm usually in class during Spike's reruns and we don't get G4 up here.
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2007, 08:00 PM   #308
DizzyMan
Lieutenant Commander

Hi. I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 30-year old Trekker from England. I actually come from a village about 5 miles away from Mirfield, where Patrick Stewart is from. I talk quite a lot like him, actually (only like a younger version).

My love is TNG, and also DS9 (season 3 onwards). I have a great respect for TOS, although can't claim to enjoy it anywhere near as much as later versions. When I finally get my hands on the high definition discs, I promise I will watch every single TOS episode, and no doubt enjoy them. For me (a picture quality freak), high def will make them more enjoyable.

Actually, I've never bought any DVDs of anything as I always knew high def would be on its way. (With the exception of TV shows shot on videotape.) I am going to patiently wait for TNG and DS9 to be remastered into high def. (I'm sure I'll have a long wait!) But I just find high definition so much more enjoyable than standard definition.

I have little respect for VOY, although don't get me wrong, I watched every episode and enjoyed many of them. I don't personally consider Enterprise to be part of the Star Trek universe. Although I know it is, really. I just found it very boring, and stopped watching it after the first couple of seasons.

My favourite character is Data (wow, how original!) and my favourite episodes are (probably):

• Yesterday's Enterprise (season 3)
• Future Imperfect (season 4)
• Cause and Effect (season 5)
• Ship in a Bottle (season 6)
• Frame of Mind (season 6)
• Tapestry (season 6)
• Timescape (season 6)
• Gambit (season 7)
• All Good Things (season 7)
DizzyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2007, 08:22 PM   #309
Lowcuteass
Cadet

I can't get the site to send me an email with PW since I reformatted. Maybe I'll keep this name anyhow.
Lowcuteass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2007, 11:28 PM   #310
TheBishop
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi there, a 22-year-old TNG fan from Brighton, England signing in here. I'm glad I found this place. My other interests include Ghostbusters (both the films and the original cartoon series), Monty Python, James Bond, cartoons, and motorsport. I probably won't spend loads of time here but I'm here all the same.
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2007, 10:56 PM   #311
that1guy
Commander

Send a message via AIM to that1guy Send a message via Yahoo to that1guy

Hello fellow trek fans! I'm That1Guy, and I'm 21. I've been a TNG fan for as long as I can remember. As far as my favorite subjects go, I'm pretty into the more technical side. Granted, I'm not the biggest nerd when it comes to that stuff. But I enjoy a good technical read.

My favorite character is easily Data and Q being a close second. I think Data's quest to learn and become as "human" as much as he can is incredibly interesting.

Anyway, hi! I look forward to [strike]arguing[/strike] hanging out with you all!
that1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2007, 05:42 PM   #312
USSGloucester
Cadet

My name is Dean i live in Gloucester and i'm 19 years old and i've been a fan of TNG since 2000 when i watch it on Sky.
USSGloucester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2007, 12:29 PM   #313
sandyevison
Cadet

Hi, all new to me thought i was too old for forums!! i like voyager best. for me it had lots of scope for new encounters. i would have liked to have seen less two arm, two leg aliens and more 'life like but not as we know it' .
sandyevison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2007, 10:59 PM   #314
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Hi, I have enjoyed TNG since the very first episode and of course all The Next Generation movies.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2007, 02:52 AM   #315
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Welcome to all the new posters in TNG.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote