Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 16 2006, 02:00 PM   #241
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I'm a regular in the TNG forum. I don't get to watch the afternoon episodes on Spike because I'm at work.

However, I was home in the afternoon quite a bit last week because I had a home improvement contractor over. Caught a whole lotta TNG. Definitely renewed my interest.

Welcome to the n00bs.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2006, 06:07 PM   #242
TripTuckersGirl
Fleet Captain

Logically said:
I'm a 15 year old male who discovered Star Trek by being bored and spying a VHS copy of "Conscience of the King". The first TNG ep I saw was Attached, and from then on I've never looked back. I like to read pretty much anything (even gave The Devil Wears Prada a go). I like swimming, web surfing, and IMing.

Oh, and Dr. Crusher rocks!
ur 15! I would have never thought that! wow! :thumbsup:
Old August 21 2006, 07:55 PM   #243
Starfleet Engineer
Vice Admiral

I haven't watched a TNG ep in a couple of years. I think I'm gonna break out some of my eps.
Starfleet Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2006, 01:21 PM   #244
Newski
Captain

Send a message via AIM to Newski

I remember the good ol' days watching Star Trek: The Next Generation with my dad. Earliest I can remember was "The Child" (first time it premiered). Trek was sort of a family thing. Of course, the only non TNG Trek we saw was on New Year's day, when they would have marathons.

That become sort of a forgotten past time until I rented Star Trek: Generations (which, to this day, I do not understand why there is a great dislike for it.)

My favorite Episodes would have to be I Borg (after establishing the borg as this unflinching, unfeeling, brutal menace, they actually managed to humanize them), Time's Arrow (heh heh... Mark Twain), and Deja Q.

My favorite Character is Chief O'Brien, probably because he's proof that an overweight Irish dude can still end up with a cute asian girl (if I have offended anyone, get a sense of humor. I can go on a rant about Rosalind Chao. After all, I'm also a M*A*S*H fan).
Newski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2006, 02:13 AM   #245
Dtrekfan
Lieutenant Junior Grade

TNG was the first of the series that i watched while growing up. Only on rare occasions i got to see TOS and TAS. Every now and then i sit down to watch one or two eps.

Forumadmin Hollywood originals fanclub
http://originalsfan.8.forumer.com/
Dtrekfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2006, 02:15 AM   #246
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Welcome to the board Newski and Dtrekfan. This is a great forum.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2006, 01:47 AM   #247
TripTuckersGirl
Fleet Captain

welcome all newbies!
Old August 24 2006, 05:32 PM   #248
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

TripTuckersGirl said:
Logically said:
I'm a 15 year old male who discovered Star Trek by being bored and spying a VHS copy of "Conscience of the King". The first TNG ep I saw was Attached, and from then on I've never looked back. I like to read pretty much anything (even gave The Devil Wears Prada a go). I like swimming, web surfing, and IMing.

Oh, and Dr. Crusher rocks!
ur 15! I would have never thought that! wow! :thumbsup:
I get that a lot.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Dancing Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2006, 01:46 PM   #249
Visitor1982
Lieutenant Commander

I'm a 23 year old Star Trek fan. I became a fan in the mid-nineties when Dutch TV broadcasted new episodes of TNG.

Dr. Crusher became my favourite character. However, a couple of years later I finally saw season 2 of TNG and I immediately fell in love with Dr. Katherine Pulaski. I loved her way because she was so different from the rest. She wasn't as perfect as the others.

I love all Star Trek series and movies, but season 2 of TNG will always be the most special Star Trek moment for me...
Old August 25 2006, 03:21 PM   #250
Starfleet Engineer
Vice Admiral

Yeah, welcome to the n00bs.
Starfleet Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2006, 03:06 PM   #251
Daniel_Fullard
Fleet Captain

Hey, Im Daniel, 20, from here in the UK and TNG was the first Trek series I saw and when picking my favourite its always a close call between this, TOS and Voyager

Ethics is one of my favourite Trek episodes ever!

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably"
Daniel_Fullard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2006, 07:35 AM   #252
DBR
Vice Admiral

I'm DBR.

My 30th year is approaching fast, and I have done nothing noteworthy with my life, but I think I'm still a nice guy.

Started watching TNG late at nights in about 1991. It quickly blew out of proportion, and I was a full blow nerd in no time at all.

I'm currently in a Dark Age, with no trek at all except the relaunch (TNG & DS9) books as they trickle out.

Actually back up, I also read New Frontier. So maybe not a Dark Age, per se.

DS9 began, and I didn't care for it (which was realized as a mistake by your's truely during it's 3rd season) so I sticked with catching up on TNG episodes. Voyager began, I hated it, so I sticked with DS9 and TNG reruns. Eventually went caught up on Voyager. Back to TNG...

Picard, Data, LaForge and Riker were always my favourites. My favourite episode, of course, was The Inner Light. How can that not be tops on everyone's list!

I liked TNG for two reasons: The first, was because each episode was stand alone. You could catch 5 episodes each year, or 22, and you woudn't be lost either way. With later DS9 seasons and Enterprise, if you missed an episode, then you were fucked. It seems that way with all Sci Fi now. And don't get me wrong, I love story arcs.

The second reason, is that it just had the most loveable characters. Even Wesley and Troi had their moments!

I hardly never post in this forum, except for the odd captioning contest, but I scan the headlines each night. :thumbsup:
Old September 5 2006, 02:18 PM   #253
Daniel_Fullard
Fleet Captain

HI DRB.......Nice to have you on board!

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably"
Daniel_Fullard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2006, 11:25 PM   #254

Hi. My name is Jay.. I'm new to this site, but certainly not new to Trek. TNG is my favorite, but I also love Voyager, Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. I don't really care for TOS- however I love the Orignal Crew in the movies.

My favorite aspect of TNG was Picard's command style, and the character of Data (in general). My favorite episodes are ones that don't have a ton of explosions or fighting... I love episodes like "Inner Light" and "Data's Day". Really, any episode that explores the dynamics of emotions, behavior, and life in general.

I think I'm attracted towards this type of episode because I'm a psychologist, and I work in a Maximum Security Prison. I am completely fascinated by the "Human Response" and why we do the things we do.

I also like TNG (and Trek in general) because of it's progressive attitudes towards offenders and inmates. Since I work with murderers, rapists, thieves, child molesters and many other types of offenders all day long. TNG gives me hope that one day we will concentrate more on rehabilitation of offenders rather than the "lock em' up and throw away the key" policy we seem to have now.

Thanks! It's nice to be here.
Old September 12 2006, 12:54 PM   #255
Inkygirl
Ensign

Hello all. I'm a newbie to this forum. My favourite aspect of TNG was Picard...what a wonderfully written character!

I once wrote a fangirl song for Jean-Luc Picard which was included in TV Guide’s Collector’s Edition: FAREWELL TO STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION in 1994. My music group, Urban Tapestry, performs the songs at science fiction and filk conventions. You can hear a soundclip of the song by going to this page and listening to the last song.

My favourite TNG episode: "The Inner Light."

Debbie