Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old May 8 2006, 01:41 AM   #196
deanna_troll
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Im new, I was doing a search on Gates McFadden because I thought I saw her on a Microsoft commercial and this site came up high on google. Im not a huge fan of TOS (KHAAAAAAANN!!!) but I really like TNG. I watch it usually most afternoons on SpikeTv usually in a haze of weed smoke. Ive watched the other series sporadically. I catch DS9 sometimes but I dont wake until at least noon so...

My fav character is Deanna Troi, though entire episodes about her tend to make me yawn. My name is Sharon and Im 23 and Im unemployed! whoooo!
deanna_troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2006, 01:57 AM   #197
Wonderfulpolous
Lieutenant

/\ OH My Gosh! That is totally how I found this site too...

TNG is my favorite. because I really haven't seen many of the other series.

wowsers. I just love the characters on TNG. *guilt* I sometimes daydream about working on the Enterprise-D lol. In fact I just was a little while ago. of course I lied about my age. So I'm not too old to dream about that..:-D

My favorite character is either Dr. Crusher, or Deanna Troi. I don't know why, they just are.
Old May 15 2006, 04:20 AM   #198
deanna_troll
Ensign

Wonderfulpolous,

I have dreams (god this is going to sound crazy) that star trek and star wars come together through a worm hole and that somehow Im involved in diplomatic negotiations and it always happens that the star wars universe takes over the cardassians. I am through sharing! lol
deanna_troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2006, 05:25 AM   #199
dirt
Commodore

Hello,

I visited the board more frequently in the past, today I visit BBS in spurts and spend more time “lurking” and reading various posts. When I have the time I like to try to post in the “caption” threads because I enjoy a good laugh.

As a boy I watched a lot of TOS reruns with my dad, so when TNG was launched I had to see what it was all about, however when I watched the first episode I didn’t like it. I tuned in sporadically to watch TNG, but started watching it more around the end of season two, and I was hooked by season three. For me that was the high water mark of TNG.

Today I have a soft spot for seasons one and two, and I’m not very forgiving of what I consider some real stinker later on the series; Masks, Sub Rosa, Emergence just to name a few. Another thing that bothered me about later seasons was the music, it became very bland. Compare it to the scores from Booby Trap or Q-Who and I think you'll understand what I mean.

Barclay was one of my favorite characters. Perhaps it’s my love for the character Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock from the A-Team….
dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2006, 01:35 AM   #200
Grumpy Grinch
Rear Admiral

No,
Old June 4 2006, 05:29 AM   #201
The Hebrew Hammer
Lieutenant Commander

Hi there, I'm a recently arrived newbie! I first discovered Star Trek late in the run of TNG, and my parents let me stay up late to watch "All Good Things..." I watched DS9 up until the Dominion War, at which point I got turned off. I enjoyed Voyager, but I never got to see Enterprise much so I'm just not familiar with it. And even though a few friends got together to give me the full package of TOS DVDs (because I'd only seen a large handful of episodes), TNG remains my favorite!

When I was a kid - maybe around 9 or 10 years old - I was on the old 8-bit Prodigy service. A friend and I roleplayed both online and through postal mail; I was "Counselor Troi" and he was "Lt. Commander Data" - I can only imagine what the letter carriers thought of that! I also co-wrote some fanfic in the early 90's with a friend from the old GEnie service; I recently discovered some of the old printouts and had fun reading them!

So that's me in a nutshell, at least in terms of my Trek interest. I figured I'd introduce myself here because TNG was my favorite.
Old June 5 2006, 06:41 PM   #202
Scott Pearson
Writer

I'm 42 and have been a Trek fan since the third grade. Obviously, I spent a lot of time with only Kirk and the gang, but I anxiously awaited TNG, hoping to finally have a regular fix of Trek again. I was not disappointed. I would be hard-pressed to decide between Picard, Data, or Worf for a favorite character. I pretty much love the entire Trek universe, but must admit--as a nostalgic kind-of-old man--that TOS will always be something special for me. But my SNW stories, while both being about Scotty, are set during his TNG years.

I prefer the character driven stuff too, especially the developement of Data and Worf. That one where Data dreams, with the shots of the bird flying . . . wow, that gets me every time.

Check out my website for some Trek-related pictures . . .

Scott
Old June 5 2006, 07:53 PM   #203
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Hello all, I'm a seasoned TNG spammer, but I haven't been around this particular forum here much lately.

I'm 26, so I was just the right age when TNG came out to get hooked on it. My parents were TOS/Movie fans so I had seen some reruns before TNG came out, and saw TVH in the theater.

TNG remains my favorite series to this day. I always liked how they explored humanity as much as they did the galaxy, and how conflicts were sometimes solved with ethics and morals instead of shooting. I liked the shooting too!
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2006, 06:44 PM   #204
Soosh
Ensign

Hi all! I'm a newbie here to the forums! I've been watching TNG since it first began (even remember watching the first episode), thanks to my Dad who was a HUGE fan of the original Star Trek. I stayed more loyal to TNG than I did to the other shows. I felt more emotionally attached to those characters perhaps due to the storylines. The development of the characters without all the drama was more captivating to me than any silly soap opera or drama on TV even to this day.

I can only hope that one day my daughter can enjoy this show even half as much as I do.
Old June 16 2006, 09:14 AM   #205
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

I'm 45 male who just moved from Lawrenceville, Georgia to Warner Robins Georgia to take a job working with the American Air Force. This was a great move for me, since I retired from the Air Force in March 2001. I have been a Star Trek fan since TOS was on the air back in 1966 and I still support all that is TREK from TOS, to TNG, to DS9, to Voyager, and of course Enterprise plus the movies and much more. I have been member of the TREK BBS since 2002. Nice to meet all of you...
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2006, 06:50 PM   #206
Scottys Bagpipes
Commander

Hi, all;

I've been around on the board for years, but mostly been a lurker. Am currently re-watching TNG, so maybe that has peaked my interest. I've been a Star Trek fan since the early 70s. I remember it being on every Sunday afternoon. I would watch it with my Dad. He usually fell asleep, but I remember fondly looking forward to sundays.

Oddly, I didn't get into TNG at first. I watched Encounter at Farpoint when it first aired. And, didn't like it. So, did not watch further. A couple of years later, my roommate was into watching it, and told me of this awesome episode where they were fighting this big cube. I managed to catch that episode (Q-who) and have been hooked ever since.
Old July 9 2006, 01:41 AM   #207
Squiggy Claus
Rampant Sexist

View Squiggy Claus's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy Claus

Hidy ho everybody! Uhh...a little about me.

I'm a 26 year old guy who's a Sagittarius, and I love long walks on the beach.

I've been a fan since TNG's 1st season (Skin of Evil was the first episode I saw), and I've been hooked ever since.
To be honest, I never got into DS9 or VOY in first run, but honestly I've become a fan of both since.
The past few months, I've discovered the wonders of Tivo and Spike TV so I'm living my 90s all over again.
Old July 9 2006, 02:51 AM   #208
james_father
Ensign

I am a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

My girlfriend at the time (now my wife of 8 years) were watching "All Good Things..." (original broadcast back in '94) and in the middle of it, a friend of hers showed up with her boyfriend to show off the motorcycle he just purchased.

We were polite and talked with them out in the driveway for 15 or 20 minutes. When we got back inside, I refused to simply start watching the show after missing so much. We waited until the end, rewound the tape (what would we have done without a VCR....funny, I can't remember the last time I watched or recorded anything with it) and watched "All Good Things..." from beginning to end. Hard to believe that was over 12 years ago now!

To this day, I don't care for my wife's friend or the idiot with the motorcycle that she ended up marrying.
james_father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2006, 03:29 AM   #209

Hi, I'm a newbish. *snerk* Um, I've been a fan of TNG since I was around 12, when I first saw it because it was the only thing on TV (we only had one channel..haha).

My boyfriend bought me all seven seasons on DVD for my birthday, he's a trekkie too, although he likes TOS, and DS9 as well, and I'm not much for TOS, I'm kind of lukewarm about the other series. Maybe because I just haven't seen much of them. I also bought myself the box set of the 10 movies, and have been capping the TNG movies, because I luff them.

My favorite characters..well, I have to say I am a biiiig Data fan. I like Lore too, but that's just because I like the whole "Bad android" factor. It's a cool plot thing. I also think Captain Picard is the best Captain. Of the guest characters, I like Q, and the Traveller. Q because he's such an annoyance. The Traveller because, well, it's just so cool about the whole travelling all over just by thought, and having your thoughts control the universe you are in.
Old July 18 2006, 01:18 AM   #210
chapfan91
Commander

Hey there!
My boyfriend is a longtime trekkie and he got me hooked on TNG a few months ago. ATM I'm ravenously devouring season 3. I've freakin' adored Data from the start, but the other crewmembers have really grown on me too.
About ME? I'm a 20-year-old art student at the University of Hawaii with big dreams of illustrating kid's books. When not watching ST:TNG I can be found running, swimming, painting, drawing, knitting, reading David Sedaris, blogging, or just plain jamming to Led Zepplin on my iPod. (enough verbs for ya?)
~Erica