William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Eve Faces Backlash For Jenner Comments

Frakes: Forget About Trek On TV

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 27 2006, 01:01 AM   #136
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I love these threads, too. This BBS has been such a trip for years...even when we're stupid and illogical we're entertaining! :thumbsup:

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2006, 07:31 PM   #137
stevetrekker
Lieutenant Junior Grade

My name is Steve and I live in the New Haven area of Connecticut.

I grew up watching TOS in the late 70's in reruns and was obviously a skeptic when TNG was announced and premiered in September 1987. Despite the skepticism, I watched it and wasn't that blown away by it yet, but I saw that it was well-written and acted.

As season one progressed, I found myself watching it more and more, and being more and more impressed by it as shows such as "Heart Of Glory" "The Big Goodbye" and "11001001" had me shocked into thinking, "this is not half bad". By the end of the season and "Conspiracy" I was hooked, and happily eating crow. It eventually got me into Trek fandom.

Since then, TNG only got better thoughout it's run, and DS9 slightly bettered it IMHO . I like VOY and ENT as well, but ENT was curtailed perhaps by it's pre-mature cancellation, and VOY lived up to most, but not all of it's potential.

And today? I am currently collecting all of the series on DVD, which I aim to complete before the year is out.

As for my favorite characters, that's hard to choose. If you pinned me down to it, it would be Data, because I see in him someone who tries to fit in (his quest to be more human). I also love the Picard/Crusher relationship and am a major Bev-head as well. (Naraht, You like to post that pic and yes, I like to look at it. )
stevetrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2006, 09:29 PM   #138
SingularSpartan
Captain

Hey everybody, I'm Sean, and TNG is my favorite Trek.

TNG was what started up my interest in science fiction generally, and also of course my love of Trek. I remember watching it as a kid and hanging on every episode. I actually still remember where I was when I saw the commercial about the last episode. Up to then, I didn't even know that shows did end, so I was devasted. However, thanks to the wonders of DVD, I can now watch the entire show whenever I want.

Captain Picard is definitely my favorite character, with Data and Riker vying for second place. My favorite episodes are "The Best of Both Worlds"; not the most original choice, I know, but the best episodes of that show, and of all of Trek.
Old February 2 2006, 09:18 PM   #139
Felicia
Lieutenant Commander

Hey Everyone...

Felicia here. I've been a Trek Fan every since I was a baby chicken. I watched the original series religiously. My favorite character was Spock...he was just so calm, cool, and collect.

I was really excited when TNG made it's debut...and of course, Data won my heart. He is the bomb!! He is like the prefect guy. He can't lie and he wouldn't care if I gained 5 lbs....I wouldn't have to worry about cooking for him, or giving up sex...he doesn't need it...lol.
Old February 5 2006, 07:17 PM   #140
Subversive
Ensign

Hi there... I'm Laura and I've been watching TNG since birth. Some of my better childhood memories concern the series.

I'm 18, currently a junior in college doublemajoring in British History and Studio Art (painting). I attend school in Virginia, but I'm originally from Los Angeles, California. When not Trek-obsessing I paint, read, fence, dance, and occassionally cook for fun.

My favorite TNG character is by far Beverly, and I consider myself a Picard/Crusher shipper, although I've always thought Crusher and Troi would make the cutest couple. I'm one of those weird few who actually liked Sub Rosa, but All Good Things is my favorite episode.
Subversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2006, 10:50 PM   #141
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Welcome to all of you!

Felicia, you sound like my sister. She was always so into Data! Subversive, drop by the P/C thread if you haven't already. Oh, and I liked Sub Rosa too.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2006, 04:12 AM   #142
Subversive
Ensign

I'm glad there's another Sub Rosa fan out there! I did drop by there just now. The P/C crowd here seems to be pretty nice, I think I'm going to like it here.
Subversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2006, 09:03 PM   #143
Bev_Crusher
Commander

Hi everyone!!! Im Bev_Crusher (my real name is my profile; please, don't use my second name, spanish speakers!!) and I'm 15. does that make me the youngest here??
Anyway, I started watching TNG when I was 12 or 13, and continued till it was taken of the air . I can't tell you what seasons I watched because the episodes weren't shown in order, except for double ones. I know this, because how else can I have watched "The Naked Now" (ep. 2 of season 1) but not episodes 1, 3, 4, 5...
I liked all the characters, including Wesley Crusher. As you can see, though, Beverly is one of my favourites, I admire her a lot.
I don't have just one favourite episode, but if I had to pick just one to watch, it would be "Attached" (yes, I'm a P/C shipper).
I quite like the movies, though parts of Insurrection annoyed me intensley.
Could someone explain how the lounge sistem works, please? I don't really understand it and I don't want to bother the moderators with my questions .

Thanks to Naraht for the great avatar!
Bev_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2006, 09:20 PM   #144
Ohappydagger
Rear Admiral

Look another Bev-head! Welcome, Bev, you are in good company here. :thumbsup:

Re the lounges, you move through the lounges as your post count increases. I guess you're in the Lower Decks now and I think there's a Captain's lounge next? Then Flaptains, Commodores and up to the various Admirals. The number of posts required to move to the next lounge are in the FAQ, I think. There's also a Questions & Suggestions forum toward the bottom of the main page where you can ask questions such as these and get better answers than the somewhat un-helpful one I just gave.
Old February 12 2006, 09:30 PM   #145
Rikerbabe
Commodore

^ You forgot the Commanders' Lounge...can't forget them!
Rikerbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2006, 09:39 PM   #146
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Hey Bev!

Indeed, come say hi in the Lower Decks lounge. You can find it at the bottom of the index page. I'm there, and there are mods in there that would be happy to answer your questions. Or you can PM me if you want to know something specific.

We've also got a P/C thread here in TNG.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2006, 02:16 AM   #147
Bev_Crusher
Commander

Posted by Kestra:
Hey Bev!

Indeed, come say hi in the Lower Decks lounge. You can find it at the bottom of the index page. I'm there, and there are mods in there that would be happy to answer your questions. Or you can PM me if you want to know something specific.

We've also got a P/C thread here in TNG.
Erm...whereabouts on the index page? It just desn't seem to show up. I'm really sorry about all the questions, but my computer is driving me mad!!!!
I've seen the P/C thread, I'll post as soon as I finsh reading it.

Thanks to Naraht for the great avatar!
Bev_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2006, 04:42 AM   #148
AstroMike
Captain

I'm 36 years old and work as a Science Teacher/Assistant-Principal in Texas. I do some educational training for NASA and had an opportunity to apply to be an Educator Astronaut a few years ago (obviously I got cut, but it was still pretty cool just getting my foot in the door and hope to give it another shot next year). I am also and Aerospace Education Officer for the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxillary). I'm a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Astros(thus my username), and San Antonio Spurs.

I started watching TOS back when the animateds were airing on Sat morning on NBC back in the day. I love TOS, NG, and Ent. My favorite characters are Riker, Trip, and Archer. My favorite NG episodes are TBOBW, The Pegasus, Second Chances, A Matter of Honor, Yesterday's Ent, The Last Outpost, The Inner Light, 11001001, and Future Imperfect.
AstroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2006, 06:51 PM   #149
Gold Grizzly
Vice Admiral

Posted by Bev_Crusher:
Erm...whereabouts on the index page? It just desn't seem to show up. I'm really sorry about all the questions, but my computer is driving me mad!!!!
I've seen the P/C thread, I'll post as soon as I finsh reading it.
I don't really understand why the lounges aren't showing up for you, but this link should take you right there.

Free Games!

Dutch To English!
Gold Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2006, 04:38 AM   #150
USS Canadys
Fleet Captain

USS Canadys, 32.

New Yawker, lifelong Trek fan. Love TNG in particular. Can learn to live with some Voyager eps. Love DS9 and miss the shit out of Enterprise..

Need a Trek movie to come out soon.

That's about it.
USS Canadys is offline   Reply With Quote