Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old October 29 2008, 05:04 PM   #76
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Can I suggest an Art Contest?

I just had a weird idea...

We've seen Marauder Mo, we've seen Toby the Targ, we've seen Flotter...what other kinds of children's toys and characters might exist in the worlds of the Trek galaxy? The Federation's certainly full of room for creativity, but there's a whole galaxy out there, and you never get that sense more than when you're a kid...

I thought it might be nice to have a contest that pushes people out of the shipbuilding paradigm...
Old January 14 2009, 04:35 PM   #77
B.J.
Rear Admiral

From the Star Trek XI forum, regarding the Star Trek ad being broadcast during the Super Bowl:
wamdue wrote: View Post
datas_cat_spot wrote: View Post
blockaderunner wrote: View Post
Meh. Your average Super Bowl vewier will just say "Ain't that that Star Track thang wit Doctor Spock?" and continue smacking his wife around if a call doesn't go for his team.
You're mixing up football with Nascar.
thats what we need a Enterprise car in NASCAR, im pretty sure DarkKnight had one, so why not Star Trek?
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but that's not a bad idea! Come up with a paint job for a car to advertise STXI, TOS, TNG or whatever.
Old January 14 2009, 04:40 PM   #78
Ziz
Commodore

See, my mind viewed that idea the other way...a Federation ship with product logos plastered all over it.
Old January 14 2009, 05:23 PM   #79
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor

B.J. wrote: View Post
From the Star Trek XI forum, regarding the Star Trek ad being broadcast during the Super Bowl:
wamdue wrote: View Post
datas_cat_spot wrote: View Post

You're mixing up football with Nascar.
thats what we need a Enterprise car in NASCAR, im pretty sure DarkKnight had one, so why not Star Trek?
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but that's not a bad idea! Come up with a paint job for a car to advertise STXI, TOS, TNG or whatever.
I am a NASCAR fan, and I agree this would be a perfect contest. Especially next month, as the Daytona 500 takes place in February.
Old January 20 2009, 04:48 PM   #80
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Here's another idea: What's under those Breen helmets?
"Someone who loves you."

My friends and I have occasionally commented on how much the Breen look like the bounty hunter Leia was disguised as in ROTJ. Anyone know if there's a real-world reason for that?

(Sorry to respond to a 3 year old post, but at least it was from a still-current poster. )
USS Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2009, 05:23 PM   #81
Ziz
Commodore

I always chalked it up to "great minds think alike", "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" or "in-joke among the production crew". Take your pick.
Old March 1 2009, 02:45 AM   #82
BrookeStephen
Lieutenant Commander

Stag wrote: View Post
^yeah that would be interesting.

I would like to see alternate views of familiar sets on TREK. For example...in TOS a picture of the engine room from the reactor area behind the red grill looking out into the engine room.
funny you should mention that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc0Hj...e=channel_page
BrookeStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2009, 08:27 AM   #83
DRACO
Captain

well heres a few: a few I have more, many many more...

• Non-Trek Borg Ships... The Borg assimilate ships right? not just the E, so is it to much of a long shot to assume that if the borg manage to find there way into an alternate reality or a galaxy far far way, that they would assimilate ships there to? I've always wanted to do a Borg Star Destroyer...., or maybe a Deather Star and I'm using star wars references because honestly, other than Trek and Wars, I don't know of many other ships in various series but, I know theres many out there
  • Trek Vs Wars, I know I know, don't let the cat out of the bag but... the thought of a Borg Death Star got me thinking, many think Star Destroyers are all that but size isn't everything, lasers vs phasers lol....so lets defend our ships dignity and do some war pictures
  • "Starfleetized" ships I was wondering what a Trek Star Destroyer might look like, but hey, why limit this to just that, we not do federation versions of many other ships?
  • Power Sources, starfleet uses M/AM, the Romulans use singularities... many star wars ships use simple fusion...... but what about other sources, I'm doing a possible Omega Particle chamber design but it got me thinking, what about other ones? even if they don't give off that much energy, well make up for it...
  • Submarine vessels, ok look guys, we have ships that exlore space in trek, but theres so much out there most starships aren't equiped to explore, like under the ocean of some planet, now theres certain shielding techniques, and the delta flyer but... I'd like to see ships built for this, even weapons systems designed for this environment, weather the ship can do space-flight, is up to you...
  • Alien Ships, pick an alien ship design we've seen on screen, in concept art, ect. only once or twice and expand on the design, make a ship that shares some design lineage.
  • Anti-ship devices, theres self replicating mines, and even defensive stations, but what about some small weapons pods, many of them,that coordinate attacks.. or some kind of defenice grid, who knows...
  • Alien Spacestations, in a Tribute to DS9, or Terrok Nor as the Cardasians call it, what about other stations, have we ever seen a Vulcan station? or a gorn station? Lyran? Klingon? Dominion? Andorian, Tellarite, Talaxian, Ferengi?
  • StarShip Fender Bender, ouht oh, that Klingon just hit me, great, I hope he has insurance lol, need I say more?
  • speaking of insurance, starship insurance ads?
  • I saw a photo of a smilie face during a warp core breach, it was funny, so photo-manipulated images for humor?
  • Fighters, I would say federation fighters but we got the scouts in Innsurection so, Ferengi fighers? Klingon fighters? anything?
  • alien evolution, take a life form like a Dolphin and re-invision it to be humanoid
  • Non-Trek but fun!, take aliens from cartoons and make them look real, like Zoidberg or Elzar from futurama or for Trek related species, do the opposite?
Old March 18 2009, 10:35 AM   #84
DRACO
Captain

Here's a great idea!

there was nothing on TV but coin collection shows, (well pretty much anyways) and after I was done thinking about how expensive coin collecting can be (I do have a nice little collection, mostly from other countries though, I have all state quarters but haven't even seen the new presidential dollars yet, believe I know, remember the buffalo nickle? I have two of those, not the three legged error variant, I wish, its like what 2.5mil o.0, so yeah ) and how most of the coins I've collected aren't meant and.....

anyway after I got passed my "collector mode", I thought hey, I know what would be cool, and by know I'd hope you've guessed it!

Star Trek Coins! maybe one honoring the peace Treaties of Khitomer, the Battle of Wolf, The Phoenix, ect.

now I know, the economics of the future aren't based on money... at least in the federation, which may simply leave us with the coins of other races....

but there has to be some some kind of way of placing value, and there must be supply and demand, not everybody can be a scientist or star fleet officer, what about manual labor? sure we have replicators to meet most of our needs, but as the show mentions, there are materials they have as yet, been unable to replicate, and someone has to help but those huge starships together xd, so to "better yourself" and explore may be very poetic, surely there are some rather mundane jobs that need to be done..

but bettering yourself, doesn't just apply to your self but the society you live in as well, and in the various trek games (I don't know if it's cannon) we have Prestige, for service and innovation, this gives us a scapegoat on all levels, and can be applied to any job, the more you work to improve society, to better it, and yourself in the process, the more prestige you earn, the more you can spend on whatever you want.... in this way, the amount somone earns also reflects the advancement of the cultue, everbody has to work togther, the "class gap" is virtually gone, and bettering society does mean available health care and education to everyone, all works out, no callapse...

and the neet thing is, we never see a picture of the pestige, prestige could just be an indication of achievements, or honor, but in all the trek games I have, you use it to accuire new ships and other resources... usually having an overall prestige gained for your carear, and a second area displaying the prestige youv'e gained but haven't spent...

now it's most likely this is all electronic but.... I'm sure physical prestige could be requested, and hey we could even do bills and checks here..

but even if they have no such system, with the popularity of coin collecting and the historical events they can reflect... I'm sure we'd at least have non-monetary commemerative coins... which reminds me, I want that new Obama coin
Old July 23 2009, 04:36 PM   #85
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Here's an idea I was thinking about. In Fantastic Four 2, they introduced the Fantasicar, which was "built" by Dodge, and even contained familiar Dodge traits, such as the front grill and logo. My suggestion would be to create a Star Trek craft belonging to a particular car maker (Dodge, Ford, Chevy, etc). The craft would need to contain visual traits that make it identifiable as a particular brand.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 09:06 PM   #86
ireadalot
Cadet

TELL ME SOMEONE WHO CAN DRAW HAS AT LEAST MADE AN ATTEMPT TO DRAW SOME OF THE NEW SPECIES. I CAN'T DRAW AND FIND MY IMAGINATION LACKING IN SOME INSTANCES - EXAMPLE TORVIG- BODY OF OSTRICH, HEAD OF SHEEP, MECHANICAL ARMS, TAIL WITH A HAND, ETC. HELP!!!
ireadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 03:39 AM   #87
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Since we know Nokia survives into the 23rd century, why not Apple?

So what would a 23rd century iPhone be able to do? Probably anything, since "there's an app. for that!"

People can be creative (doing 3D & 4D apps), but even those with limited ability could participate, especially if someone gave a sample photo to work on.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 01:00 AM   #88
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Art based on Startrekker the Star trek manga parody from 1991 (link to it is my sig here and / or do a goggle search for my torrent of it )
Old November 25 2009, 10:58 PM   #89
BolianAuthor
Writer, Battlestar Urantia

Send a message via AIM to BolianAuthor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BolianAuthor

I was thinking about a challenge I'd like to see here, and here is my humble idea...

This is from my fanfic series "Star Trek: Entomalians"... in the story, there is a monument on the grounds of Starfleet Command, honoring the fallen people from Wolf 359, called the "Federation Wall". Below is a description of the wall, and why it is called what it is called...

The Federation Wall is a stone monument on the grounds of Starfleet Command, in San Francisco, that lists the names of everyone lost at Wolf 359, by ship. The Federation Wall was named for the fact that it was constructed using one stone from every Federation member world, to symbolize the entire UFP coming together in unity, in a time of tragedy. The Federation Wall is the centerpiece of the Wolf 359 Memorial Park.

I'm not envisioning anything like a statue or sculpture, but rather a simple stone wall, but artistically designed, to appear to have an abstract or modern form, with a "shiny" look, like it is made of polished stones, like jade, obsidian, or marble. The UFP seal should be a part of the wall. If anyone wants to take this on, cool, if not, oh, well... it's there just the same, lol.
BolianAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2009, 03:55 AM   #90
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Is there a definitive list of the ships that were at Wolf 359?
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote