CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 22 2005, 12:05 AM   #106
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Does that mean Lee will be out of commission for a while? No flying? Sucks...
Also, will Super Starbuck save the day again? Double sucks.
No, I don't think super Starbuck saves the day. Not this time at least. The only mention of her in these spoilers is her "having a look of crushing guilt on her face." As far as Lee possibly being laid up for awhile, accentuate the positive. Think of all the Bill/Lee time we might get. First the father was shot, now the son. Could make for some interesting emotional parallels.

anyone know where this 'kidnapping' will take place???
On Cloud Nine, I think. The luxury cruiser.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 22 2005, 12:12 AM   #107
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm irritated about him being put out of commission. Starbuck and Bill can stay out, but Lee belongs in the cockpit.
Old September 22 2005, 12:45 PM   #108
Caprica_Six
Admiral

An update regarding the infamous Laura episode coming up called "Epiphanies". At the scifi board one of the posters there goes to the university where they film some of the Caprica scenes and they were filming that episode there when he got the chance to take a few pics and catch up with some of the cast.
Apparently they were filming a flashback sequence that envolved Laura's day before going to Galactica. He also met Miss Mary who reveals the rest of the spoilers

Here is the link: Click me, you know you want to
Old September 22 2005, 01:17 PM   #109
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Posted by insert_name_here:
Here is the link: Click me, you know you want to
The cylons are actually the Tolin!!! I flipping knew it! Would be nice to go to that place if it sees so much scifi action.
Old September 22 2005, 01:19 PM   #110
flux_29
Commodore

I found this at livejounal - shawngf

(ot shour if its the same as the other but...

The title of the ep is SACRIFICE

*A character names Seesha and her two mates, Vinson and Chu, take Lee, Ellen Tigh, Dualla, Billy and a handful of bar patrons hostage on Cloud 9.

*Ellen tells them that her husband is the XO.

*They force Ellen to contact Galactica.

*Seesha demands that Boomer be handed over to her. Apparently her husband was killed in the Cylon Holocaust and she wants an eye for an eye. She gives Galactica 2 hours or she'll kill all of the hostages.

*Boomer tells Adama that if the only way to prove her loyalty once again is for him to hand over to Seesha, so be it. After all, she's suddenly dreading bringing her child into a world such as this.

*Lee is somehow badly injured- shot. Dually tends to him as he bleeds out. Billy notices her affection for him.

*Adama delivers Boomer to Seesha- the dead Boomer. At first, Seesha doesn't notice. She pumps bullets into the corpse. She is about to free Ellen and the other hostages, but Vinson, who reminds me a lot of Zarek's flunkie Meier, notices the autopsy scar.

*Vinson turns to kill the hostages. Billy jumps Chu and grabs his gun. He shoots Vinson. Seesha shoots Billy in the back.

*The Marines burst in. Seesha is killed. Chu is taken prisoner.

*Adama enters and goes to Lee. Apollo shows signs of life.

*Dualla is horrified to see Billy on the ground, gasping for breath. She goes to him. She calls for a medic.

*Lee wakes up in sickbay. Dualla is over him.

*No idea if Billy survived.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old September 22 2005, 05:02 PM   #111
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

This all sounds pretty interesting, but I'm slightly annoyed at the unimaginative one-word episode titles.
Old September 22 2005, 05:11 PM   #112
Twilight
Vice Admiral

The flashback to the morning of the attack sounds awesome. It'd be nice to fill in some of the gaps (i.e. who was Laura before she knew she had cancer? Who was Six meeting in the square?)
Old September 22 2005, 05:28 PM   #113
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I'm irritated about him being put out of commission. Starbuck and Bill can stay out, but Lee belongs in the cockpit.
Of course Lee belongs in the cock pit. His absence will demonstrate that, along with the fact that they need him in charge as a calming influence.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 22 2005, 06:27 PM   #114
V
Commodore

I seriously think that any of this script thread ideas from above (people wanting to surrender, etc) are either FAKED or from early drafts soon to be abandoned.

Can anyone explain to me the current state of their validity? I still think they're just crazy rumors.

People in the civillian fleet wanting Boomer dead? Plausible.

As for using 'Stem Cells', soap operas have actually been using that as a convenient plot devise for the past few years; you see Embryonic Stem Cells only really work whe You DESTROY the Embryo (hence their controversy). However, you can get SOME stem cells from umbilicial cords (they aren't as good). But in the fantasic world of "Soap Opera Science" umbicilical cord stem cells can be harvested. Okay, it's tv science, but semi-plausible enough for me to be okay;

How did Baltar develop a cure while Colonial society did not? Why hasn't America made progress in this field, while Britain, Israel, China, and South Korea have? Maybe the Colonials didn't fully research it due to ethical complaints. Also, remember that they said there was a backlash against high-technology after the First Cylon War.

As for the above spoilers about them having a Flashback episode on Caprica the day before the Cylon attack, ***It looks like they might finally reveal who the mystery person that Number Six met was. We never found out who that was.
Old September 22 2005, 06:30 PM   #115
V
Commodore

By the way, If I was to believe ever spoiler I see things would be really messed up.

One "official" looking spoiler I saw at the beginning of season 2 said that Crashdown would be tyring to kill *Chief Tyrol*, and that it would be *Cally* who killed Crashdown. And that was wrong. So after that I really don't pay attention to spoilers-leaked-on-messageboards.
Old September 22 2005, 06:58 PM   #116
Kitty Worrier
Rear Admiral

All I can say about the flashback episode is that they better have wigs on the actors to give them shorter hair.
Old September 22 2005, 07:28 PM   #117
Q2UnME
Commodore

Posted by morgoth:
I seriously think that any of this script thread ideas from above (people wanting to surrender, etc) are either FAKED or from early drafts soon to be abandoned. ... snip...
Well, you're partially right. The spoilers come from partial scripts called "sides" which are used to audition and hire the guest actors. We used to see them in the Enterprise camp from a source. I even have seen them for the first few episodes of BSG season two, but then my source "dried up". They are parts of the actual filming script as it exists at that given point of time. As with anything, it's still a work in progress and often parts of it are changed just prior to or as they are actually filming. While not everything in the scripts may make it to air intact (rewrites, scenes cut & editing), it's cool to see, learn some spoilers and get a real flavor of what the particular episode is about.

Q2UnME

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Old September 22 2005, 08:00 PM   #118
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by T'Pol_82:
All I can say about the flashback episode is that they better have wigs on the actors to give them shorter hair.
Did you see the pics in the link? They are all dressed how they were in the mini, hair and all.
Old September 23 2005, 12:12 AM   #119
GAMMA_RAY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Episode 2x10 podcast is up already.
Old September 23 2005, 02:58 AM   #120
nevermore
Admiral

^^Oh no.

must be strong...must resist...will not download...