The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old June 26 2008, 05:51 PM   #1021
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

I think the final Cylon is going to be fundamentally different from the toasters, the skinjobs, the Hybrids, and the Four. In some way, it must tie together all of those types. If the final Cylon is not "special" in some way, it would be quite a letdown. I look at it as being the last piece in a puzzle. If it doesn't seem to "complete" the picture, it doesn't work.

As for the Four, I've been going under the assumption they were born like everybody else, but inherited some kind of genetic "program" that imbues their Cylon-ness. Imagine each person carries in their DNA a program segment. Now imagine the program doesn't "work" until a group of people with the right programming reach a certain location (the Ionian Nebula).

It's actually not that far off from the concept of "genetic memory."

Anyway, I would find this explanation totally acceptable.
Old June 27 2008, 01:54 AM   #1022
oxym'ron
Ensign

I seen this on another website,,the final cylon is starbucks viper???????
Old June 27 2008, 03:41 AM   #1023
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

I really hope the final Cylon is not an inanimate object. There is just no drama in that whatsoever.
Old June 27 2008, 08:41 PM   #1024
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Why do people insist on saying it's an inanimate object? An inanimate object couldn't have been wearing a white robe and standing in the temple on the alge planet for Deanna to see.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 28 2008, 03:31 AM   #1025
SciFi75
Captain

I was chatting with someone at my work who is a BSG fan and they brought up an interesting idea. I'll doubt it, personally, but it would be an interesting turn and definitely one worth talking about.

What if the fifth Cylon was the President of the Twelve Colonies? I forgot his name but he had a scene in the episode where it is discovered that Laura Rosalyn had a relationship with him. Having a Cylon as the leader of the Twelve Colonies would have also ensured that Baltar would have been chosen to create the new navigation program. He would have been a key figure in ensuring the total and quick collapse of the government.
Old June 28 2008, 07:27 PM   #1026
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

It just seems very anti-climactic to have it be someone who's dead... or appeared only once or twice.
Old June 28 2008, 07:33 PM   #1027
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

It's got to be Boomer. I'm rewatching "Water" on DVD right this minute. Boomer was programmed as a sleeper to sabotage the fleet. She blows up the water tanks, which will finish the fleet. She and Crashdown are in the raptor, and she sees "positive H2O contact" flashing on her screen. She looks distressed and distressed some more. Her cylon programming is compelling her to ignore it. She fights out the words to Crashdown--run sweep again. The positive contacts come up on her screen again, and she's able to get the words out that there's water on the planetoid. From my perpsective, that's her "final five" programming/instinct fighting with her regular cylon programming. If she'd ignored the water, the fleet would have been done.

Also, why didn't she just shoot Adama in the head at point blank range in CiC? He'd have been finished, or at least permanently incapacitated. It's got to be Boomer. Boomer deserves some happiness when all is said and done. There's a certain symmetry to her being the last cylon that makes sense.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 28 2008, 08:00 PM   #1028
oxym'ron
Ensign

here is the complete story on Starbucks Viper as i found on another website

Here is the story. The Viper being Cylon was able to jump, this jump is what Apollo thought was an explosion. Evedently when the Viper was deep in the Nebula Cloud it was forced to jump to avoid its own destruction. After a relatively short jump, the Viper limped to Earth badly damage with Starbuck in the cockpit unconscience. Starbuck was kept unconscience until she was revived in a new copy of the Viper which then returned to the fleet.

Unfortunatelyly the other Cylons tracked Starbucks Viper to Earth via the heavy raider which Starbuck originally went after in the cloud. The Raider being so close to the Viper was able to jump along with it. The Cylons, thinking Earth was inhabited by Humans, then blew the crap out of it. This happened between the time Starbuck visited Earth and the time the Galactica got there. Earth however was populated not by humans, but by copies of the final five who had been hiddin on Earth and were suppose to never be discovered. These final five had become pacifist and were unable to defend against the unexpected attack. Now millions of ultra advanced Centurians and the few thousand original five copies remaining are arming and creating weapons of incredible destruction. This all happening on a lesser damaged continent of Earth which will soon revolve to face the colonial fleet in Orbit.

These Cylons will capture Galactica and return to the Colonies in one jump. Then seeking revenge on the Cylons who destroyed Earth the Final five will end the rein of the originals. The centurians evetually destroy all human looking Cylons, including the final five, under the command of Baltar. They see Baltar as their true leader, as he is the only person who ever told a Centurian model that they were Gods creatures too. Baltar also turns out to be a clone of the original Baltar that died in the first nuclear attack. Six had rendered the first Baltar unconscience to insert a scanner into his brain, his thoughts could then be directly sent to a cloned replacement. Unfortunately when Six and Batar died in the Nuclear Attack their thought patterns merged while being transmitted to the resurrection ship. This is why Baltar hears Sixs' thoughts and vice versa. Baltar is not the only Human the Cylons were able to clone, and not the only one currently in the fleet. Speculation is that Adamas oldest son will make a return.

After all this,

The Colonials return to re-populate the colonies. The Centurians take Baltar and one copy of Caprica Six and head for a planet called Senganee. The Cylons will then re-evolve, the colonies will re-populate and after time has erased the story, the whole Cylon Human conflict, will happen again as it had happened before.

Starbuck as it turns out was the first Human/Cylon hybrid. She is the daughter of a Saul Tigh model and a woman named Zuzu Petals. Starbuck brought death to her people, both Cylon and Human, by bringing them together when they were meant to be forever apart.
Old June 29 2008, 06:29 PM   #1029
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Boomer... a Viper...

If they do either of those stupid (sorry it's the truth) ideas I'm going to be REALLY pissed off.
Old June 29 2008, 07:39 PM   #1030
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

oxym'ron wrote: View Post
here is the complete story on Starbucks Viper as i found on another website

Here is the story. The Viper being Cylon was able to jump, this jump is what Apollo thought was an explosion. Evedently when the Viper was deep in the Nebula Cloud it was forced to jump to avoid its own destruction. After a relatively short jump, the Viper limped to Earth badly damage with Starbuck in the cockpit unconscience. Starbuck was kept unconscience until she was revived in a new copy of the Viper which then returned to the fleet.

Unfortunatelyly the other Cylons tracked Starbucks Viper to Earth via the heavy raider which Starbuck originally went after in the cloud. The Raider being so close to the Viper was able to jump along with it. The Cylons, thinking Earth was inhabited by Humans, then blew the crap out of it. This happened between the time Starbuck visited Earth and the time the Galactica got there. Earth however was populated not by humans, but by copies of the final five who had been hiddin on Earth and were suppose to never be discovered. These final five had become pacifist and were unable to defend against the unexpected attack. Now millions of ultra advanced Centurians and the few thousand original five copies remaining are arming and creating weapons of incredible destruction. This all happening on a lesser damaged continent of Earth which will soon revolve to face the colonial fleet in Orbit.

These Cylons will capture Galactica and return to the Colonies in one jump. Then seeking revenge on the Cylons who destroyed Earth the Final five will end the rein of the originals. The centurians evetually destroy all human looking Cylons, including the final five, under the command of Baltar. They see Baltar as their true leader, as he is the only person who ever told a Centurian model that they were Gods creatures too. Baltar also turns out to be a clone of the original Baltar that died in the first nuclear attack. Six had rendered the first Baltar unconscience to insert a scanner into his brain, his thoughts could then be directly sent to a cloned replacement. Unfortunately when Six and Batar died in the Nuclear Attack their thought patterns merged while being transmitted to the resurrection ship. This is why Baltar hears Sixs' thoughts and vice versa. Baltar is not the only Human the Cylons were able to clone, and not the only one currently in the fleet. Speculation is that Adamas oldest son will make a return.

After all this,

The Colonials return to re-populate the colonies. The Centurians take Baltar and one copy of Caprica Six and head for a planet called Senganee. The Cylons will then re-evolve, the colonies will re-populate and after time has erased the story, the whole Cylon Human conflict, will happen again as it had happened before.

Starbuck as it turns out was the first Human/Cylon hybrid. She is the daughter of a Saul Tigh model and a woman named Zuzu Petals. Starbuck brought death to her people, both Cylon and Human, by bringing them together when they were meant to be forever apart.
I have to call bullshit on this. It smells of fine bovine fecal matter.
Old June 30 2008, 12:16 AM   #1031
Wouter2
Captain

That "complete story on starbucks Viper" is rampant speculation, not a spoiler. No way.

About Boomer: I wonder what makes people so resistant to this particular theory (I think it is indeed her)? BSG is not always a very logical show, doesn't always bother to explain everything (I wonder what the explanation for Tigh being a Cylon will be in the end), so why do people think it can't possibly be Boomer even after the comments from D'Anna and RDM (last supper), which seem to exclude all the conventional candidates between them?

People were pissed off about Tigh, they may be pissed off again in the future. And would, say, Ellen Tigh or Seelix be a better final Cylon as far as not being pissed off goes?
Old June 30 2008, 08:35 AM   #1032
Strider
Fleet Captain

Zuzu's petals? This is why this entire thing is fake. Funny though...

PS: It's a Wonderful Life, anyone
Old July 1 2008, 08:24 AM   #1033
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

Strider wrote: View Post
Zuzu's petals? This is why this entire thing is fake. Funny though...

PS: It's a Wonderful Life, anyone
yeah i caught that too..

they get you going and then they throw in the punch line..
zuzu's petals..

and a lot of sympathy i used to have for boomer went out the window with the way she has acted since lay down your burdens.
of course they have yet to explain the way she changed, even threating to kill hera.

i just saw her earlier behavior as a conflict between who she thought she was and living up to that and what the programming was trying to do.
including not hittting adama with a killing shot.
Old July 2 2008, 02:53 PM   #1034
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Yep, that "complete story" is moronic crap.
Old July 3 2008, 01:40 AM   #1035
oxym'ron
Ensign

Wow, all i did was copy and paste from another website, and then you come down hard on me. Wonderful way to treat somebody new