Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old June 11 2008, 01:09 AM   #991
Wouter2
Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Oh, that's an interesting idea. And she could even possibly be some kind of avatar for this Zoe Graystone character from "Caprica". That's indeed a possibility I overlooked, and quite some out-of-the-box thinking.

However, would D'Anna be able to recognize her? How would she be certain she isn't a person somewhere in the fleet?
Old June 11 2008, 01:20 AM   #992
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
Great news: I have read a description of the hulu-exclusive clip for "Revelations" (not on Youtube yet).
You can't get hulu in Belgium?

For the USA I guess it's.... http://www.hulu.com/watch/22456/batt...ep-revelations

I think you are over thinking it, I think she knows only four know they are and she doesn't want to out the final one before it's mission is complete.

I hope if it's a dead character it's Cain, I love her.
Old June 11 2008, 08:33 AM   #993
biotech
Vice Admiral

A thought, the final five cant resurrect because there arent any spare bodies of that version, othewise everyone would know who there were in the cylon fleet.

But what if the one that was killed, lets say it was Ellen, her memories jumped to the next nearest skin job, the six Tigh has knocked up.

And slowly it is taking over her mind, becoming the dominent personality, and thats why Tigh see's that six as his wife, because he recognises the parts of her personality.
Old June 11 2008, 12:05 PM   #994
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

biotech wrote: View Post
A thought, the final five cant resurrect because there arent any spare bodies of that version, othewise everyone would know who there were in the cylon fleet.

But what if the one that was killed, lets say it was Ellen, her memories jumped to the next nearest skin job, the six Tigh has knocked up.

And slowly it is taking over her mind, becoming the dominent personality, and thats why Tigh see's that six as his wife, because he recognises the parts of her personality.
Now that is a very intriguing idea.
Old June 12 2008, 12:21 AM   #995
Wouter2
Captain

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Great news: I have read a description of the hulu-exclusive clip for "Revelations" (not on Youtube yet).

For the USA I guess it's.... http://www.hulu.com/watch/22456/batt...ep-revelations

I think you are over thinking it, I think she knows only four know they are and she doesn't want to out the final one before it's mission is complete.

Hulu is blocked outside of the US (or perhaps North-America), allthough there are ways round that. Anyway, a Youtube version is up now: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hGFNu_HZ-tw

The problem with D'Anna waiting for some mission to complete, is that prior to seeing their faces in her whole resurrection ritual, she knew next to nothing about the 5. Now she obviously recognizes them (or at least 4), but why would she suddenly know about their secret plans/missions/whatever, that they don't even know themselves? And the rebels have always talked about all 5 of them to come join them, and were convinced all 5 were with the humans. Why suddenly only ask for 4?

The most straightforward explanation is that D'anna has recognized the final Cylon and that she is aware of its current status - and that it is not in the human fleet, either because she saw it with the Cylons (hub or rebel baseship, including Roslin and Seelix and co) or because she knows this character died (I suppose she knows about Cain, Billy and Ellen as fairly well known figures within the fleet and by extension probably known to the Cylons, who had plenty of spies with the fleet, as well).
Old June 12 2008, 12:28 AM   #996
Wouter2
Captain

biotech wrote: View Post
There are 3 ways around that that I can see:

1. One of the final five models is identical or largely identical in "hardware" to a known model (would go for my Boomer theory); any slight differences could be covered up by some manipulations in the downloading process that could have been programmed by "the original programmers". The 7 would not have to notice, as they don't seem to know their own technology all that well (why only one hub, for example, if they know how to build one?).

2. The final five models do exist in the resurrection ships of the 7; however, since the 7 have been programmed to not think of the 5, they may also have been programmed to not notice/ignore/forget about the existence of those other models. They could literally resurrect and walk out (well, with a heavy raider or so...) with the 7 not realising any of this, that way

3. There is another set of resurrection technology in play, exclusive to the 5. However, if it has the same range limitations as the equivalent tech used by the seven then how would it stay in range most of the time?
Old June 12 2008, 02:07 AM   #997
Starwind
Fleet Captain

^ I would go with point 3, but I would point out that the Five are believed to be from Earth, and probably much older than the others. I would further speculate that the skin-jobs are "found" tech and the Cylons who developed them don't fully understand the technology and the Seven are just a pale shadow of what they once were.

Another idea is that they don't resurrect in the same way. Perhaps they reincarnate in a descendant that inherited enough of their traits to be considered one of them.
Old June 12 2008, 04:39 PM   #998
Klagg
Captain

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Like I posted in the final cylon thread, if the final cylon were Caroline Adama, she wouldn't have to come back from the dead to affect story. The ramifications would be played out through her offspring. A hybrid is president of the colonies, Tigh would be f'ing pissed since Lee was willing to airlock him, and because Bill's protective instincts for his son would most likely trump any mistrust of Lee. Tigh would say, "Why didn't you trust me, etc. etc.?"
The scene does not play quite that way. The airlock was Tigh's idea.
Old June 13 2008, 04:52 PM   #999
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Just saw it online. Just...fucking...wow. Best since Exodus II.
Old June 13 2008, 11:02 PM   #1000
Magisterfrodo
Vice Admiral

Hulu is blocked outside of the US (or perhaps North-America), allthough there are ways round that. Anyway, a Youtube version is up now: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hGFNu_HZ-tw

The problem with D'Anna waiting for some mission to complete, is that prior to seeing their faces in her whole resurrection ritual, she knew next to nothing about the 5. Now she obviously recognizes them (or at least 4), but why would she suddenly know about their secret plans/missions/whatever, that they don't even know themselves? And the rebels have always talked about all 5 of them to come join them, and were convinced all 5 were with the humans. Why suddenly only ask for 4?

The most straightforward explanation is that D'anna has recognized the final Cylon and that she is aware of its current status - and that it is not in the human fleet, either because she saw it with the Cylons (hub or rebel baseship, including Roslin and Seelix and co) or because she knows this character died (I suppose she knows about Cain, Billy and Ellen as fairly well known figures within the fleet and by extension probably known to the Cylons, who had plenty of spies with the fleet, as well).
I posted this in another thread, but I'll re-post it here since the fifth Cylon is actively being discussed.

What if the fifth Cylon is Hera? She's been a major storyline almost since the beginning. She actually seemed to want to go to the Six. Notice during the celbratory scene of today's episode the camera zooms in on her and she has a very distant look on her face (even for a toddler). D'anna lied when she said the fifth wasn't in the fleet, partly because she knew Hera could not come of her own free will and partly because she knew Athena would not vie her up. The Six in the holding cell clearly said the Five were in the fleet. If Hera were hearing the music at the end of season three, she might not have had any way of communicating this or acting on her impulses.

We already know that she is "the shape of things to come", and that whoever is manipulating things wanted her to come into being. Perhaps her body is some kind of host to the consciousness of the final Cylon.
Old June 14 2008, 07:24 AM   #1001
nx1701g
Admiral

^ I don't think that it's Hera because of the promo for next season.
Old June 14 2008, 08:27 AM   #1002
Jimmy_C
Fleet Captain

I think the most straightforward explanation is that D'anna hasn't met the final Cylon. That is, the final Cylon wasn't on Galatica when she interviewed everyone, nro was the final Cylon on New Caprica when she was there.
Old June 14 2008, 08:31 AM   #1003
Jimmy_C
Fleet Captain

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ I don't think that it's Hera because of the promo for next season.
Why is Tigh holding a gun to Adama's head in the first scene of that promo?
Old June 14 2008, 03:43 PM   #1004
Wouter2
Captain

Jimmy_C wrote: View Post
I think the most straightforward explanation is that D'anna hasn't met the final Cylon. That is, the final Cylon wasn't on Galatica when she interviewed everyone, nro was the final Cylon on New Caprica when she was there.
If D'Anna has't met the final Cylon, ergo has no clue who it is (other than she knows a face), then how can she be certain that he/she is not in the fleet? She didn't say "I didn't know the final one from Galactica or New Caprica", she says not in the fleet, period.

Suppose she does this, and then Tyrol or Tigh come out and say they know the fifth, it's some nobody somewhere on the Space Park or the refinery ship or so. Then D'Anna is looking like a liar to everyone who heard her declare "not in the fleet".
Old June 14 2008, 03:53 PM   #1005
Wouter2
Captain

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
What if the fifth Cylon is Hera? She's been a major storyline almost since the beginning. She actually seemed to want to go to the Six. [...] The Six in the holding cell clearly said the Five were in the fleet. If Hera were hearing the music at the end of season three, she might not have had any way of communicating this or acting on her impulses.

We already know that she is "the shape of things to come", and that whoever is manipulating things wanted her to come into being. Perhaps her body is some kind of host to the consciousness of the final Cylon.
The problem I have with this, is that Hera can hardly be a model of the cylons - she's not a model, those are manufactured, synthetic copies ("or mechanised copies" as Cavil and Natalie say) of a template. Hera was born and is unique, as the combination of human and Cylon DNA.

Also, being host of the consciousness of the final Cylon implies that Cylons can be something like spiritual beings, which brings us really far from the original definition of a Cylon. They would be more God-like beings then, some kind of poltergeists or so, rather then walking and talking, biological computers. Hera already has her own consciousness, like every human that gets born; surely this doesn't get discarded by mind-possesion? In that case, Helo and Athena needs to call Ghostbusters or exorcists instead of marines and Vipers to deal with the Cylon threat.