Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old June 8 2008, 12:40 PM   #976
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

They do hit close to home, don't they?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 8 2008, 04:22 PM   #977
Hicks
Captain

That interview strongly suggests Dee is the Final Cylon. Why else would there be, "a big Dualla story coming up that will answer all your questions before the end?"

She was never a major character, yet in the final half-season she has a big story that answers all your questions?

That's a big red flag to me.
Old June 8 2008, 04:38 PM   #978
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I won't be shocked if it's Dee. The way she's behaved, it makes perfect sense.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 9 2008, 07:23 AM   #979
kipron
Rear Admiral

Hicks wrote: View Post
That interview strongly suggests Dee is the Final Cylon. Why else would there be, "a big Dualla story coming up that will answer all your questions before the end?"

She was never a major character, yet in the final half-season she has a big story that answers all your questions?

That's a big red flag to me.
Unless that's just what they want us to think.
Old June 9 2008, 07:52 AM   #980
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Concerning the Dee thing... Adama resigned and left, Tigh is a cylon, Starbuck is suspect, Athena is in the brig, Helo is presumed dead, Gaeta is down in sickbay with one leg, Kelly is in the brig for murder, and Lee left for a political career. This leaves Dee as the only other named officer in the CIC other than Hoshi.

With her estranged husband as the new president, it's possible that this whole storyline is about some sort of power play she tries to pull. Doesn't necessarily have to be anything cylon. I think she's trying to position herself as Lee's Roslin or something and plays her cards wrong. In the scene of the next episode, we see her with President Adama carrying out a pretty important job. She may be there as acting commander.
Old June 9 2008, 09:06 AM   #981
kipron
Rear Admiral

^
That works for me too.

I don't really care if Dee is/isn't a Cylon, I just want to see her get a decent story.

If the final Cylon is Zarek for example, I could see Dee trying to assassinate him. That would be really interesting to watch imho.
Old June 9 2008, 09:21 AM   #982
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Dee trying to assassinate Zarek? Me like.

Old June 9 2008, 08:03 PM   #983
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Dee being the final Cylon would be a total letdown. I can barely think of a less interesting choice.
Old June 9 2008, 08:39 PM   #984
flux_29
Commodore

Biers: Boomer's an Eight. Shouldn't she be on the other side?
Cavil: Boomer is my "Pet Eight". She has seen the light of reason. An Eight can make a passionate ally.
Biers: Oh, until she sees something shiny!
Shiny like another chrome toaster??? (Hint, Hint)

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)

Last edited by flux_29; June 9 2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old June 9 2008, 08:47 PM   #985
Starwind
Fleet Captain

^My thought was, "Like Tryol's new do."
Old June 10 2008, 02:21 AM   #986
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

kipron wrote: View Post
^
That works for me too.

I don't really care if Dee is/isn't a Cylon, I just want to see her get a decent story.
Screw it...

Dee has a very important storyline in season 4.5, soi she will be doing something.
Old June 10 2008, 06:20 PM   #987
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

[QUOTE=Dorian Thompson;1720163]
Seriously, Lee had gotten command of the Pegasus and all the writers could think of for him to do was get fat because Starbuck married someone else. That's extraordinary doormat-itude. I'd hate to see a repeat of that now that he's president of the fleet.
At least he didn't starting swinging a baseball bat around while repeatedly saying "Help me, Mr. Wizard!" like a former roommate of mine.
Old June 10 2008, 10:20 PM   #988
nx1701g
Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I won't be shocked if it's Dee. The way she's behaved, it makes perfect sense.
Nor would I. I've thought it was Dee since she was first revealed to have the first name Anastasia (in Ancient Greek there is a word very similar to it that means resurrection).

Not Dead Yet.
Old June 11 2008, 01:01 AM   #989
Wouter2
Captain

Great news: I have read a description of the hulu-exclusive clip for "Revelations" (not on Youtube yet). I haven't seen it myself, but if the description is correct, D'Anna demands that 4 (not 5...) Cylons are allowed to go the baseships (and they hold Roslin hostage until they are allowed to do so). She also says she is already in contact with them (not true, but she does make eye contact with Tigh and Tory - she knows).

So, it is looking a lot like the Final Cylon is not in the fleet. That leaves us with the following options (if I am not missing anything, and D'Anna is correct):
-a "dead" character
-Someone already on the baseship (most of those are on the last supper, or extras; Seelix comes closest as viable candidate, but that would be anticlimatic IMO)
-the final Cylon is a known Cylon already, but the model number is not what it appears to be

D'Anna ignored Boomer during the short time she was alone with her on the hub, but it still makes me wonder if she could be the final Cylon (per the 3rd possibility above). D'Anna has seen her; if she is the 5th, she would know that at most 4 Cylons could be in the human fleet still. Allthough then I don't know why she didn't make the slightest attempt to get Boomer to come with her.

A dead character could be intriguing as well (but how could they come back?). Cain, Shaw, Billy,...
Old June 11 2008, 01:03 AM   #990
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh please, not Billy. Anyone (except Starbuck's mother ) except boring old Billy. Boomer would be a clever choice since she's so different from the other eights.

Like I posted in the final cylon thread, if the final cylon were Caroline Adama, she wouldn't have to come back from the dead to affect story. The ramifications would be played out through her offspring. A hybrid is president of the colonies, Tigh would be f'ing pissed since Lee was willing to airlock him, and because Bill's protective instincts for his son would most likely trump any mistrust of Lee. Tigh would say, "Why didn't you trust me, etc. etc.?"