Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old May 17 2008, 07:59 PM   #946
Wouter2
Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Careful, I think the "Athena dies" spoiler is a misinterpretation of an otherwise genuine spoiler. What I think is being referred to (in the original source of the spoiler, which is not the Patriot Resource) is Athena's death and resurrection in "rapture", in season3. Apparently, Athena's memories got shared by many 8s because of this event. There is no indication that Athena dies in ep 8 or ep9, at least not in this particular spoiler.

That about Kara is from another source (was out much earlier) and it sounds like either a foiler or a dream sequence to me. Take note that her original Viper was crushed deep in the atmosphere of a gas giant, so it can hardly be found. If it is true, it should not be about her original Viper (some versions of this rumour talk about a Raptor, not a Viper, anyway).

Last edited by Wouter2; May 17 2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old May 17 2008, 09:12 PM   #947
flux_29
Commodore

^ Or she could die again and be ressurected before the hub is destroyed - like an inside job.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old May 17 2008, 09:19 PM   #948
Wouter2
Captain

That could be, but the original source used by the Patriot Resource does not indicate this. In fact, Athena is, according to this source, not involved at all with the attack on the hub (not the succesful attack in ep9 anyway, there may be an earlier attempt in ep8 - this is pure speculation though).

I'm pretty sure this is all a misunderstanding; someone read about "8's having memories of Athena because of her death" in spoilers about "The hub", when the guy who wrote this was thinking about her death in "Rapture" - only, the memories are coming in play only now. Note that Helo is now on the baseship, with a hybrid gone wild and lots of 8s around him. It's probably going to be a bit unsettling to learn just how much they know of him.
Old May 17 2008, 09:36 PM   #949
flux_29
Commodore

Does it say Sharon, or Athena? if it's sharon it could mean Boomer.

Also from the promo, it looks like Natalie survived the Athena's shots. plus the reason she doen't take part in the attack is shown as well: shes carry'd off to the brig.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)

Last edited by flux_29; May 17 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old May 17 2008, 09:42 PM   #950
Wouter2
Captain

There is also no indication Boomer dies in ep8 or ep9. The Patriot Resource spoiler, misleading as it may be, is definitely talking about Athena.
Old May 18 2008, 12:08 AM   #951
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

warriorsfan wrote: View Post
The Patriot Resource seems to have been dead-on with their spoilers so far. And they have some HUUUUUUUGE ones for the upcoming episodes:

-Athena dies, probably in Episode 9.

-Kara will find her own dead body in a crashed ship.

-They find Earth in the midseason two-parter, but nothing is left but ruins. Suffice to say, the Colonials are quite bummed out.
The Kara one may be a fan tale as it smacks of old BSG finding Iblis' body in the crashed ship.

Not, that I'm saying it wouldn't work.
Old May 19 2008, 04:38 PM   #952
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I'm more concerned with Roslin's apparent death. In episode 9 or 10, Roslin tells Adama she loves him, he likewise, nothing physical comes of it mind you, but then episode 11 - which though far off to air has been filmed for a while now - has Adama "grieving" for Roslin. McDonnell also previously indicated she was done shooting by mid-season.

Old May 19 2008, 06:05 PM   #953
Kaijima
Captain

I could believe Athena dying if a final twist in the model 8 saga is "Boomer" Sharon coming back into the limelight. They honestly just might not want to try and have both Sharons be equally important in the story and create more confusion as to who is the "real" Sharon. Plus I've speculated for a long time that: 1. Boomer will be treated as the "true" Sharon Valari by the end of the series, end-capping her journey in dealing with being a Cylon and 2. Boomer coming back to the fore is necessary to deal with Galen's emotional turmoil once and for all and get him to the end of his arc.

I'm also imagining the prophesy ending up being pretty straight on, with a jump to Earth orbit just as Roslin is dying; what might be especially tragic is if she lives just long enough to see Earth out a viewport with her own eyes, then passes away, but before everyone finds out Earth is in ruins. (If that rumor about Earth pans out.)
Old May 19 2008, 07:16 PM   #954
Wouter2
Captain

Boomer certainly is the true Sharon Valerii (she is the only one who truly believed herself to be that person, it really was her name - for any other 8 it's but an alias, even for Athena when it comes down to it), but whether Athena has to die for that? I hope not and I don't think so. I'm more worried about where they're going with Boomer; since early S3 the writers let her slide more and more toward a slightly evil Cylonness, and without any serious motivation/explanation for that (not a convincing one at least). Before the season, BSG writer Taylor promised that she would be back "big-time" in S4, but they certainly haven't fulfilled this promise so far. I wonder where she will end up, because at present I see no way for her to get back to her human side and the fleet.

Athena is in hot water right now after what she did to Natalie, but those rumours of her death in one of the next 2 episodes are almost certainly false interpretations of a spoiler that referred merely to her earlier "death" in Rapture. She will probably spend some time in the brig now, as I imagine "daddy" Adama will be quite angry with her (also because Roslin is gone with the baseship).
Old May 19 2008, 07:25 PM   #955
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
Boomer certainly is the true Sharon Valerii (she is the only one who truly believed herself to be that person, it really was her name - for any other 8 it's but an alias, even for Athena when it comes down to it), but whether Athena has to die for that? I hope not and I don't think so. I'm more worried about where they're going with Boomer; since early S3 the writers let her slide more and more toward a slightly evil Cylonness, and without any serious motivation/explanation for that (not a convincing one at least). Before the season, BSG writer Taylor promised that she would be back "big-time" in S4, but they certainly haven't fulfilled this promise so far. I wonder where she will end up, because at present I see no way for her to get back to her human side and the fleet.
Yeah, I really miss Boomer, and I miss the way she was written up through "Downloaded." The Boomer we saw during the Temple of Five storyline was a bitchy chick with an attitude problem, who threatened to snap Hera's neck. WTF?! I would really like to see Boomer get more screen time, and I think it would be a crime to not have her reunite with Tyrol, especially given the situation. I'm honestly surprised the writers haven't thrown in moments where the Chief thinks back to finding the Temple of Five, and of his relationship with Boomer (all hints at his true Cylon nature).
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Old May 19 2008, 07:45 PM   #956
Wouter2
Captain

Recently Tyrol has been thinking about Boomer though - first when he mentioned she was a sleeper (when Tigh said they wouldn't sabotage the fleet), then after Cally's death. Interestingly, Tyrol has disowned both Boomer and Cally without truly meaning it, both times. Now he's having regrets - about both. I hope the writers are going somewhere with this, but it's kinda hard to get them even to talk while they are at opposing sides in a very bitter war.

Last edited by Wouter2; May 19 2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old May 19 2008, 09:13 PM   #957
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

Kaijima wrote: View Post
I'm also imagining the prophesy ending up being pretty straight on, with a jump to Earth orbit just as Roslin is dying; what might be especially tragic is if she lives just long enough to see Earth out a viewport with her own eyes, then passes away, but before everyone finds out Earth is in ruins. (If that rumor about Earth pans out.)
That would be very appropriate, I think. And very Moses like, since he too led his people to the "Promised Land," but didn't live long enough to enter it himself.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old May 20 2008, 05:31 AM   #958
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I hope Boomer and the chief get back together.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old May 21 2008, 08:57 PM   #959
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Some new crunchy spoliery goodness from IO9:

Some tidbits from Ron Moore's podcasts on recent episodes of robot-apocalypse show Battlestar Galactica: Starbuck's pristine Viper will play a "pivotal role" in an upcoming episode. We will learn more about the Six (and occasionally Baltar) in Gaius Baltar's head, and the Baltar in Caprica Six's head, including how they work and why.
The Galactica will start looking more and more banged-up in upcoming episodes. The Admiral Adama/President Roslin relationship still has some developing to do, and the book Adama is reading to Roslin will play a bigger role in the story. The interactions between the Caprica Six and Col. Tigh in the brig will play an important role in the rest of the series (as you may have guessed from the trailer for episode 8.)
The podcast write-ups also include some info on stuff that Moore and the other writers changed from the earlier drafts of the episodes that have already aired — like Tyrol talking in the final scene of "The Road Less Traveled," when Baltar comes to his quarters. [TV Squad]
There won't be any legal ramifications from Anders' shooting of Gaeta, since it happened during a mutiny. Plus, Adama is a slap-on-the-wrist kind of guy. [ComicMix]
Here's another one from IO9

Remember that Battlestar Galactica spoiler we had ages ago, that Starbuck finds her own crashed Raptor and dead body, and lights them on fire? Apparently the "chatter" on the BSG fan forums is that this happens in the "Cylon City." (On the Cylon homeworld? Or elsewhere?) [Cool Scifi]

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; May 21 2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old May 22 2008, 01:44 AM   #960
that1guy
Commander

Send a message via AIM to that1guy Send a message via Yahoo to that1guy

IO9 has a frakking awesome new clip. Man, I eat this shit up.