RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,666
Members: 24,817
Currently online: 440
Newest member: 118_Larson

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 9 2005, 09:35 PM   #76
flux_29
Commodore

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

great stuff.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old September 9 2005, 09:56 PM   #77
FluffyUnbound
Rear Admiral

Could the "resurrection ship" be the ship that the Cylons "fly back to" when they die, to be implanted into another body?

Although they kind of messed with my head on the whole "wake up in a new body" thing, when right after Simon died he walked around the corner and talked to Starbuck again, about ten seconds later. He obviously was in his new body and dressed and ready to go in no time flat. So he couldn't have "flown" anywhere, really. [Unless, of course, multiple Simons were interacting with Starbuck at "the farm", and it only appeared to be one Simon from her perspective. Ack, I'm so confused!]

Zombies and Ancient Rome...two great tastes that taste great together.
Old September 9 2005, 09:58 PM   #78
FluffyUnbound
Rear Admiral

Starbuck has no kills on the board and looks like an idiot when she gets transferred to the Pegasus? I love it!

Although she could always ask the other pilots how many Humanocylons they defeated in hand-to-hand combat.

Zombies and Ancient Rome...two great tastes that taste great together.
Old September 10 2005, 12:06 AM   #79
Hobs202
Commodore

“Apollo and Starbuck get into it with the pilots on the other ship, a power struggle,” says Katee “Starbuck” Sackhoff. “And they realize they’re like the new freshman. They get transferred over to the Pegasus and they [have] like zero kills on the board and everyone just thinks they’re idiots.”
Apollo and Starbuck become "newbies?"

But you'd think Apollo would get more "respect" from the Pegasus crew since he's Adama's son. And Starbuck will just punch anyone who calls her an idiot. This episode should be fun to watch.

I'll also interested in this new Cylon ship that's bigger than a basestar. Have they given a name for it yet, other than "really big, mysterious ship"?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old September 10 2005, 12:21 AM   #80
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I don't like the idea of a ship larger than the Basestar. It screams of cheesy Trekish writing. Let's go and make a new cool-wowzie ship each week!!! On the other hand, the Pegasus storyline sounds interesting. I just hope the destroy it before too long.

*EDIT*

One other concern is the incessant need to pair up Starbuck and Apollo. This could easily degrade into TOS bullshit where they loose the realism and revert back to the 70's formula of having those two back-to-back. It might even destory the characters and their unique intereaction with TNS.
Old September 10 2005, 12:31 AM   #81
Hobs202
Commodore

^ No, it doesn't scream "cheesy Trek writing." In fact, it'd be pretty dull if the Cylons were just stuck with raiders and Basestars, which is why I liked the addition of the heavy raider. Besides, the Cylons have enough resources and brains to build stuff like a super-Basestar.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old September 10 2005, 12:35 AM   #82
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I liked the idea of them using Basestars, Raiders, and Heavy raiders. They don't need a thousand ships for a thousand reasons. Seeing as how they have ground troops they're rather like the colonials. Colonials=Battlestar, Raptror, Viper. Cylons=Basestar, Raider, Heavy Raider.

This makes sense. BSG is a drama first, not a total scifi show where they constantly revise the continuity and add in more flash.
Old September 10 2005, 12:49 AM   #83
Hobs202
Commodore

So, did you have a problem with the addition of the Super Star Destroyer in The Empire Strikes Back?

--- Dogbert
Old September 10 2005, 01:05 AM   #84
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

A. We do not know it is a Cylon ship. It could be the Galleon. Remember, Boomer said that the Cylons knew more about the Colonials religion than the Colonials and they were using the sacred texts and other sources the Colonials didn't have. They went to the trouble of telling the story of the exodus from Kobol and naming the ship. The Cylons may have found the Galleon adrift in space. The "resurrection ship" might be a referent to the Galleon. As a result of her mission in the exodus, the human civilization was resurrected on the 12 colonies; she was abandoned and set adrift among the stars. Now, she has been resurrected by the Cylons who are using her.

B. Another possibility: The Colonials are capable of building large stations like Ragnar. It stands to reason the Cylons have a similar capability. This ship could be some sort of command and control hub. In TOS, Gamoray was their outer capital. If they are borrowing at least a few bits from TOS, then this could be the new BSG's equivalent concept. Rather than a large city on a conquered world as in TOS, the Cylons have constructed some sort of large mobile command center the size of say, Ragnar Station. Whereas Ragnar is parked, this one isn't parked.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old September 10 2005, 01:42 AM   #85
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Nice! Its always nice seeing the cast be themselves.

Thinking about the whole DNA thing, its going to be a bugger for all those who've been screaming that Roslin's a cylon. After this, I guess depending on how the test works exactly, its more than likely that if she were tested, she'd come up positive (assuming the fetal DNA isn't absorbed). What a great way to hide if you were one!
And just for clarity I don't think Roslins a cylon at all, I just thinks its going to be interesting seeing the implications of this. Like I'd love to see if Roslin changes her tune with Cylons a little, softens her attitude a bit. Whats the chances she'll do the whole, "Throw that thing out the airlock" again without any hesitation. How will Adama and other people in the fleet "see" her? I could imagine a fringe group coming out with, "the President's a cylon now, we can't trust her."

And as for the bigger ship tailing the RTF with the basestars. Why not have a bigger ship. If you were the Cylon God wouldn't you want a nicer ship than a basestar. Okay, smaller could be nicer. But you know gods. Always wrapped up in their sense of self-importance.
(And no I don't know that what the other ship is, just speculating.)

======
Old September 11 2005, 02:57 AM   #86
bunnyborg
Captain

Posted by insert_name_here:
You are going to want to see this

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2166/2/

It's a link to a video interview with a few of the cast, there are some spoilers regarding the Pegasus and a certain controversial spoiler is mentioned here as well

Enjoy
Damn you!!

I am way too hooked on spoilers now. They are just so juicy, and ya can't stop at just one...

I was a surprised to learn of the identity of the prisoner on Pegasus (I found out just today and it was confirmed by James Callis in the interview). I haven't seen anyone mention it here, so I suppose it has been talked to death already. Very kewl news, IMO. I am looking forward to seeing how Baltar deals with this situation.
Old September 19 2005, 06:10 PM   #87
Q2UnME
Commodore

Man, it took a while to find this thread again.

Well, as of today, there's a new video blog over at Sci-Fi. Not really spoiler heavy, but some neat behind the scenes stuff with some of the standing ship sets, Vipers, Raptors, etc.. Still, fun stuff. As of this posting, no RDM podcast for episode 02x09. Weird, huh?

Thought I'd bring it to folks attention.

Also, any more juicy spoiler floating around out there? Spoiler Hounds want to know...

Q2UnME

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Old September 20 2005, 05:27 PM   #88
Lucky Red
Fleet Captain

Yea, things do not look all well on the spoiler front.
One bloody addition in a long while. I was hoping this thing was going to carry me through to January
Old September 20 2005, 07:02 PM   #89
nevermore
Admiral

Yup, it's a wasteland out there...
Old September 20 2005, 10:21 PM   #90
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

And I suspect the wasteland will get bigger and drier until December when they'll start rolling out piccies etc for the second half of S2.

In the mean time:

What's New

9/20 -- "I'll be filming two more episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Don't know yet when they're going to air. Thought you'd like to be the first to know. -- Lucy"

From the Lucy Lawless Fan Club

======