Vulcan Nimoy Tribute
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Pegg Writing Kickass Role For Elba
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Galaxy Quest To Become A Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Mulgrew On Voyager Twentieth Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 6 2007, 01:43 PM   #811
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Re: Who would have thought....

It's fun to go over some of the older episodes and retcon these potential spoilers into the story. Read those new rumors, and then watch the beginning of Resistance, hell the whole episode. Changes a lot.
Old March 6 2007, 03:28 PM   #812
Teek
Lieutenant Commander

If they do turn out to be Cylons, I'm wondering if it's something where they "evolved" to the point of giving up their Cylon nature and truly became as human as possible. No more bodies to resurrect into, no more Cylon physiology, etc.. When they left they programmed the remaining Cylons not to think about them. The other humalon Cylons began to figure out what happened and were jealous of them, prompting them to eventually attack the colonies.

You then get the dichotomy where the Final Five want to help humanity, where the others seek to destroy it. To be Cylon and make the most of yourself means you accept the mortality of your existence and give up the perks of being a humanlon.
Old March 6 2007, 04:05 PM   #813
flux_29
Commodore

well i guess the last one of the five is going to be a woman.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old March 6 2007, 07:12 PM   #814
Kitty Worrier
Rear Admiral

The Evil Dead said:
I'd be genuinely annoyed if Tigh turns out to be a Cylon.
Me too.

Eick said in an interview at tvguide.com that we'd meet only one of the finale five. Not sure which is telling the truth (this spoiler, or Eick).
Old March 28 2007, 10:42 AM   #815
Candlelight
Admiral

T'Pers0n said:
It's fun to go over some of the older episodes and retcon these potential spoilers into the story. Read those new rumors, and then watch the beginning of Resistance, hell the whole episode. Changes a lot.
Or in Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, when Tyrol gets the all clear from the Cylon Indicator Machine. Then again, he's probably a different kind of Cylon.
Old March 28 2007, 08:43 PM   #816
Harvey
Admiral

^^
I don't remember, did Baltar sabatoge the machine to give everyone a human result before that episode, or after? It's been a while since I've seen season one, besides the final arc and the first episode.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old April 15 2007, 07:43 AM   #817
V
Commodore

To my knowledge, Baltar never tested Tyrol using the Cylon Detector. However, I honestly don't think it works on Final Fives.

I have it on good authority that the writers actually consider "The Battlestar Pegasus Flashback DVD Movie" coming out in Fall 2007 to be "episodes 1 and 2" of the 22 episode Season 4. Not "episode 0" like the webisodes.

The first episode in January 2008 is "episode 3".
Old April 15 2007, 08:14 AM   #818
nx1701g
Admiral

Hirogen Alpha said:
^^
I don't remember, did Baltar sabatoge the machine to give everyone a human result before that episode, or after? It's been a while since I've seen season one, besides the final arc and the first episode.
I thought he simply was hiding the results so that he wouldn't get killed if Boomer's programming activated when discovered. Never realized he did it to all of them.

I don't think he scanned the Chief though.
Old April 16 2007, 04:54 AM   #819
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

morgoth said:
To my knowledge, Baltar never tested Tyrol using the Cylon Detector. However, I honestly don't think it works on Final Fives.

I have it on good authority that the writers actually consider "The Battlestar Pegasus Flashback DVD Movie" coming out in Fall 2007 to be "episodes 1 and 2" of the 22 episode Season 4. Not "episode 0" like the webisodes.

The first episode in January 2008 is "episode 3".
Agreed. It stands to reason there is only one of each model of this group, and it seems they are "more human" than the others. One would think this would apply to their physical makeup as well. They may well be undetectable, either as a result of their evolution or/and as a means to hide themselves from the other Seven models, given the gulf between the two groups of Cylons.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old April 23 2007, 10:10 AM   #820
V
Commodore

I'm starting to think that even calling Final Fives "Cylons" the same as the Significant Seven, is a stretch. They are more or less as far from Significant Sevens as Significant Sevens are humans.
Old June 11 2007, 01:17 AM   #821
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Ok, I'm just gonna post this link and move on. I hate it when I'm fooled into thinking something is real, only to find out it isn't because I didn't look hard enough, but I've had a good look round and haven't found anything saying whether this is true or false either way.

So I hereby present the Season 4 Trailer with spoilers/foilers about:

Old June 11 2007, 05:39 AM   #822
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

I have to say "No" on that one. There are some bits that look to me like whoever posted it has used bits of the Doctor Who title sequence, just slightly altered.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 11 2007, 08:43 AM   #823
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

It all looks like old clips from BSG mixed with some bits of clips showing modern aircraft from some movie or something.
Old June 11 2007, 12:16 PM   #824
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

That's what I was thinking. Most of the new stuff could be from any old Tv show or Film. But I can't figure out the scene with what definately looks like someone in a BSG flightsuit and ejection seat falling through the clouds toward an Earth-planet. That's basically the one scene that made me post it.

Eh, who am I kidding. They're not gonna show fighter jets and space stations before the Pegasus movie has even aired.
Old June 12 2007, 08:52 AM   #825
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

To me it looked like it wasa clip from season one when Starbuck ejected onto that planet where she found a Cylon ship.