Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 3 2006, 12:49 AM   #721
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Who would have thought....

Spoilers from midseason finale at TVGuide.com

Eye of Jupiter

EPISODE 10: THE EYE OF JUPITER
WRITTEN BY: Mark Verheiden
DIRECTED BY: Michael Rymer
Logline: The possible discovery of the Eye of Jupiter on the algae planet leads to a deadly stand-off, as the Cylons and humans risk all for a chance to find the way to Earth.

While working on the algae planet, Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) discovers the Temple of Five, reputed to be the home of the Eye of Jupiter, which will guide the ones who discover it to Earth. His report is intercepted by the Cylons, who request a meeting with Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Laura (Mary McDonnell). Their proposal: let us have the Eye and we will let you leave unharmed. Adama's counter-proposal: make any move to take the Eye and we'll nuke the planet.

The Cylons bring another piece of news: Sharon (Grace Park) and Tyrol's (Tahmoh Penikett) baby is alive, but not well. Sharon is initially skeptical, but when Adama confirms that Laura hid the baby at her school, she and Tyrol being to make plans to rescue her.

As the standoff continues, tensions rise in both camps. On the Cylon baseship, D'Anna's (Lucy Lawless) sense that she and Baltar (James Callis) share a destiny that might not include the others sows dissension, while on the algae planet, efforts to protect the Eye are complicated by Lee's simmering affair with Kara (Katee Sackhoff), especially since Lee (Jamie Bamber) is counting on Anders (Michael Trucco), Kara's husband, to rally the civilians to the cause. Then the Cylons launch a flight of raiders, bound for the algae planet, forcing Adama to show he's not bluffing.

The plot line with Hera sounds good, but I guess Lee really does need a house to fall on him to get a clue, huh? Let Tyrol be the young male lead. Let Helo. Let Anders or Gaeta. Please.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old December 3 2006, 05:03 AM   #722
witchie
Commodore

But Dorian, it's twu luv. Don't you get how special this "simmering affair" is? Dee and Sam should be happy to be bit players in it.

ITA, the Hera story is going to be good. I wonder if Adama knew beforehand about the deception or after the fact. Let's hope for a juicy confrontation between Sharon/Roslin.
Old December 3 2006, 06:14 AM   #723
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

efforts to protect the Eye are complicated by Lee's simmering affair with Kara (Katee Sackhoff), especially since Lee (Jamie Bamber) is counting on Anders (Michael Trucco), Kara's husband, to rally the civilians to the cause.
Can we PLEASE just have either Starbuck or Apollo killed outright once and for all, to put their (yet again) 'simmering relationship' out of it's misery? Nice to know the third in command (and former egasus commander) will risk the survival of the human race to 'win' a mental case slut who will sleep with anyone if her hormones are raging - so far it's been Baltar, Anders (who she basically blows off rigt after); Lee (who she blew off; but who is just a utter idiot when it comes to all this anayway), etc. Plus, right now, I could care less about EITHER character because they are both too stupid and emotinally screwed up to even be entertaining. If this is what RDM calls 'good character development' and 'good drama'; no wonder the ratings have been plummetting of late.

And if RDM's doing this much soap opera type drame for Battlestar Galactica and (from all reports) wants to make Caprica EVEN MORE soap-operaish; I hope Bonnie Hammer has enough sense to can Caprica while it's in pre-production (or just take the pilot script, turn it into one of their schlok Saturday afternoon movies and be done with it).
Old December 4 2006, 03:15 AM   #724
Joisey
Rear Admiral

TV Guide says the main story arc for Season 3 will be the two camps, Colonial and Cylon, competing with each other to uncover clues in a race to find Earth first.

This is a departure of sorts from what we've had so far---Cylons hunting Colonials, Colonials running.

Sounds like CBS's Amazing Race Goes to the Stars
Old December 4 2006, 06:26 AM   #725
nx1701g
Admiral

Noname Given said:
Can we PLEASE just have either Starbuck or Apollo killed outright once and for all, to put their (yet again) 'simmering relationship' out of it's misery?
The Battlestar Wiki page had a blurb from an interview Katee did that says she may be leaving the series at the end of the season. Not sure if it's true or not (it is a Wiki afterall).

Not Dead Yet.
Old December 4 2006, 08:29 AM   #726
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Joisey said:
TV Guide says the main story arc for Season 3 will be the two camps, Colonial and Cylon, competing with each other to uncover clues in a race to find Earth first.
That should be interesting. I'm glad to see more about the search for Earth.
Old December 5 2006, 06:52 PM   #727
V
Commodore

Ok, massive spoiler update from "around" 'cause I tend to know a lot of stuff:

big

spoilers

Yes, Katee Sackhoff's last appearance is in episode 16 "Maelstrom" (keep in mind that the season ends with "episode 19" as "episode 16" is really "episode 17" because they cound "Precipice" as "episode 1.5"

Anyway, it's not clear if Sackhoff is leaving the show entirely....or if they're toying with us.

That is, have her presumed dead then bring her back later.

Based on the writer's podcasts, the constant mentions that the Cylons feel Starbuck is "special" and "has a destiny" are so ingrained to the series that I don't think they'd casually remove her before this.

Meanwhile, in the upcoming Kat-centric episode "The Passage", we find out that Kat isn't really who she says she is: think about it, they're a refuge fleet. They don't have government records or official civilan records or whatever. Basically its something along the lines that Kat was actually a drug runner before the attack, and I think that "Louanne Katraine" is actually an assumed name. I mean they don't really have records of anyone's past so this seems plausible (Hot Dog, however, was a colonial academy washout and I think they would have records of that).
Old December 5 2006, 08:22 PM   #728
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Eye of Jupiter sounds awesome.

Probably in the minority here, though.
Old December 6 2006, 02:42 AM   #729
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

"The Temple of Five"

Five Cylon models as yet unseen.

Five mysterious figures appeared @ D'Anna's "death."

Hmmm...

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old December 6 2006, 04:18 AM   #730
nx1701g
Admiral

^ surely coinicidence...

Not Dead Yet.
Old December 7 2006, 05:45 PM   #731
flux_29
Commodore

At HD5 there's more more new on Crossroads (the end-of-season two parter) about what happens to baltar and actor Mark Sheppard will star.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old December 9 2006, 01:41 AM   #732
witchie
Commodore

Preview clip for the Eye of Jupiter

My love for Sam grows. He knows how to keep an oath. Hello...paging Lee Adama
Old December 9 2006, 04:30 AM   #733
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh wow. Kara cheats on that man? She and Lee are looking more and more like assholes as the series goes on. I noticed Dee and Gaeta were getting chummy tonight. Methinks Lee will find himself alone with no one to blame but himself.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old December 10 2006, 10:08 PM   #734
witchie
Commodore

Dorian Thompson said:
Oh wow. Kara cheats on that man? She and Lee are looking more and more like assholes as the series goes on. I noticed Dee and Gaeta were getting chummy tonight. Methinks Lee will find himself alone with no one to blame but himself.
It would be nice if the shoe was on the other foot for Apollo, but seeing as how RDM has neglected Dee's character in the past, I doubt he'd write this. But one could hope for better things (husband) for her.
Old December 15 2006, 01:00 AM   #735
Garak
Nothing's for freeeeeeeee

Well it's sorta been said above, but apparantly the death is: