CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old April 27 2006, 03:45 AM   #661
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

I'm not a Starbuck fan, by any means, but I can't see her being so weak of mind that she would break while in a prison camp.

I hear you.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 27 2006, 03:45 AM   #662
V
Commodore

Ron Moore himself posted the following on the official site messageboard, here

A transcript:

"I want to ask all of you, and KR in particular, to please refrain from posting detailed spoilers about our upcoming season. It's only April, and we're a long way from the premiere in October, and it's frankly dispiriting and depressing to all of us on the production team to see spoilers appearing this early. We're all working very hard to provide the audience with a unique experience and it takes a lot of the joy out of our process when we know that people have already judged the work before it's ready. This isn't about secrecy or having a NSA-like production, it's about letting the artisans and craftsmen on this show finish their work before it's displayed. Short descriptions of scenes and storylines aren't the same thing as watching an episode of the show and by putting this material out there for everyone to chew over months in advance, it really only allows people to make up their minds about a piece of work that is incomplete by any measure.

I understand the desire to peek inside the tent. I've felt it myself about many projects from the Star Wars sequels to new episodes of Project Runway, and there's nothing juicier than getting the inside dope. However, there's a difference between that one on one insider knowledge and shared secret and posting it on the internet where it gets passed around literally the entire world or putting in on a radio show for all to hear.

There's nothing I can do to stop this kind of thing from happening. When I was at Trek, we tried every known method of encoding scripts and plots and they always got out. The only thing I can do is appeal to your sense of decency and fair play and ask that you not spoil the larger fan community that cannot help but be aware of these things as they get massive distribution through the message boards. Self-restraint on the part of those in possession of inside information is the best way to prevent this from happening all through the Spring and Summer, so I appeal to you as fans of the show to help me keep the cloak over this piece of art until it's been polished and ready to be presented to you, the audience.

I appreciate your consideration,
Ronald D. Moore "
Old April 28 2006, 02:57 AM   #663
Hobs202
Commodore

Dorian Thompson said:
I smell blood in the water. The sharks are coming to jump. Starbuck's going to have a hybrid baby. God almighty. Moore's lost his marbles. It will be a special, multi talented baby, you betcha. I wonder if it will be an alcoholic like mommy. A "brainwashed captive" Is it Stockholm syndrome? Does Leoben rape her? How vile. No wonder Sackhoff was complaining about it in the interview.

It's a special baby! A super Starbuck baby!! Fresh made with stolen eggs. The search for Starbuck's super baby!! Wheeeee!! There there little sharks. Calm down. You can start jumping soon. I'll bet Sackhoff lost her mind when she read those scripts.
Huh? What are you talking about?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old April 28 2006, 10:59 AM   #664
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Spoilers that have since been deleted from the thread.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 28 2006, 04:28 PM   #665
Hobs202
Commodore

^Ok, I've read those same rumors on the Scifi-board, and I'm going to take them with a grain of salt. I don't think RDM would do something as crazy as that. There could be some truth to these rumors, but personally I think these are joke spoilers. Remember, RDM wasn't too happy about the LDYB spoilers getting out. Also, we're not supposed to find out what Leoben wants with Kara until Ep.3. Also, there was a lot of speculation like this b4 and RDM likes to play on that speculation.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old April 28 2006, 06:41 PM   #666
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

One can only hope they're wrong.

Old April 28 2006, 11:54 PM   #667
Hobs202
Commodore

I don't believe the test-tube baby rumor 'cause that would a) decrease the significance of Sharon's baby b) it's too predictable c) That would make THREE babies on the show (the other two being Hera/Isis and Cally's child)

I think what will happen is that Leoben tries to convince Kara to have a child. They won't actually have one of course.

Also I don't think Leoben's going to be Kara's new lover. I have a REALLY nasty feeling that it's going to be Col.Tigh.

Why?

a) The way Sackhoff worded it, Starbuck doesn't "find her unlikely lover" until AFTER the fifth episode, in which she's back on Galactica. She's not going to have access to Leoben.

b) Ellen is supposed to die in the fourth episode, so Tigh's going to be looking for a new woman. Also, I have a feeling that Anders is going to bite the dust.

c) Starbuck and Tigh are much more friendly now.

d) Adama did advise Tigh to find "someone younger" if Ellen gave him any trouble.

e) Tigh is even more unlikely than Leoben. And everyone would be even more livid since... well, it would be the equivalent of something like Baltar/Roslin.

--- Dogbert
Old April 29 2006, 12:53 AM   #668
nevermore
Admiral

^That is a vile, vile idea. You makea good argument, but I desperately hope that you're wrong.
Old April 29 2006, 01:06 AM   #669
Hobs202
Commodore

^True, but according to Scifi Board rumors, Leoben turns Kara into some sort of brainwashed love slave/pet. I'd rather have Kara be with Tigh (for a SHORT time) than Leoben's pet.

--- Dogbert
Old April 29 2006, 02:15 AM   #670
nevermore
Admiral

^Well, the latter would depend on the execution and the resolution. I could see them making it interesting, but Kara & Tigh? That's just frakking GROSS. I don't think I could look at that.
Old April 29 2006, 04:49 AM   #671
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Kara and Tigh would be weird. Just look at their relationship in the miniseries. I can't imagine those two ever getting into a relationship even if Starbuck and Tigh have grown closer over the last year.
Old April 29 2006, 01:10 PM   #672
DarthMarley
Lieutenant Commander

Having Kara suffer from a terrible crotch wound that prevents her from having any future physical relationships would be the best option.

That they waste a second on these silly notions rather than write some actual story is disturbing to me.
Old April 29 2006, 03:44 PM   #673
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

i wonder if moore thought it through that by making that statement he gave more weight to the rumors that were out there.

and if it is true making starbuck a pet love slacve just about completes the downward spiral in the character.
i didnt mind making starbuck a female but this constant
victim vixen stuff is getting old.

it is like it isnt enough she is an alcholics lets just add more on without resolving it.
Old April 29 2006, 03:51 PM   #674
witchie
Commodore

pookha said:
i wonder if moore thought it through that by making that statement he gave more weight to the rumors that were out there.

and if it is true making starbuck a pet love slacve just about completes the downward spiral in the character.
i didnt mind making starbuck a female but this constant
victim vixen stuff is getting old.

it is like it isnt enough she is an alcholics lets just add more on without resolving it.
ITA, that statement did nothing but stir the pot, so to speak. Spoilers are going to get out. No matter how diligent you are about clamping down on them, there are going to be leaks. I really think he thought he could avoid the backlash from this storyline until October or whenever it aired. Because there is going to be backlash. It takes a character that is already considered a Mary Sue by a lot of people (or the opposite, a strong female) and reduces her to a sex slave, whose only purpose is physical pleasure and reproduction. That's not very forward thinking IMHO.

I really wish they'd put all sex on the backburner. It's not that important to me as much as the platonic, familial relationships are.
Old April 29 2006, 04:15 PM   #675
Hobs202
Commodore

^Assuming that these rumors are true, what I don't get is what RDM's rationale for all this is. He must have known that this "storyline" would have received a lot of criticism. He must have been aware that a Kara/Leoben hybrid would utterly destroy whatever significance Hera had. After the already risky one-year-leap in the show, why would he make a move that's even more risky? This just doesn't make sense.

--- Dogbert