Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Trek Actors At The Oscars
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Retro Review: The Changing Face of Evil
By: Michelle on Feb 21

Star Trek-Themed Van Sold
By: T'Bonz on Feb 20

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old April 18 2006, 07:12 PM   #646
sjsharksfan39
Admiral

View sjsharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Well, I've probably looked at more spoilers than I should have, so I might as well post a thought in here.

So the buzz cut thing might be true even though I originally thought it was just Katee doing another joke type thing. I was watching KLG last night, and I think I can see Starbuck with a buzzcut, even though I am very anxious to see pictures of what it looks like. I hope this doesn't ruin the character. Still, my worry when I read that was that they were going to make her seem boyish again like she was in the Mini-series. She was so great in the first season that I hope that is were the writers are trying to go with her again. I really want to see First season starbuck come back, the one who wasn't drunk, and the one who knew how to get things done.
Old April 18 2006, 10:01 PM   #647
Twilight
Vice Admiral

Boomer visits Cally?

Laura in a cell??
Old April 19 2006, 01:20 AM   #648
Hunter X
Rear Admiral

kipron said:
Hunter X said:
^My guess is that it'll be Billy.
That would be nice, except that Billy is slightly dead.
Hey, it'd be unlikely, and it'd make some of the fans livid. I mean, we all know Billy's corpse is supposed to end up with Galactica Boomer's corpse, not Starbuck.
Old April 19 2006, 03:00 AM   #649
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Oooh I wonder why Laura is in a cell? and why would Baltar want to release her?
Old April 19 2006, 03:26 AM   #650
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Hunter X said:
^My guess is that it'll be Billy.

...What? She's gotta get back at Apollo for his relationship with Dee somehow. You know, besides the whole Anders thing. Plus, on the up side, he won't do that "has feelings too" thing that gets in the way of Starbuck's relationships.
No, I think they have been telegraphing that it will be...

Helo! Notice that Helo and Starbuck started to get close while Boomer and Helo became more distant toward the end of the season. They didn't get together because Kara still had a thing for Anders.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old April 19 2006, 08:20 AM   #651
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

who will starbuck be with next
the bottle spins...

helo as pointed out above possible and would piss a lot of fans off.

tighe/.,especially if lady macbeth dies per some spoilers

lebon
Old April 19 2006, 08:48 AM   #652
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Helo and Starbuck wouldn't make me livid. I think they're extremely well suited for each other.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 19 2006, 03:01 PM   #653
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

But it sounds kind of like Helo will be stuck on the Galactica for awhile though... Unless they have "wireless" sex.
Old April 19 2006, 08:22 PM   #654
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

At this point, Starbuck and anyone but Anders would make me livid. I don't particularly care for the man, but she's had so many goddamned partners that BSG is becoming more soapy than soap operas.
Old April 19 2006, 09:31 PM   #655
flux_29
Commodore

so kara looses anders in the first 4-5 episodes and then in the next few episodes finds someone else? talk about rebound.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old April 20 2006, 01:41 AM   #656
Hobs202
Commodore

So, I take it from the interview that Anders bites the dust (no big loss there). So, who's Starbuck's new love interest? I have a nasty feeling it's going to be Tigh esp, if Ellen bites it as well (plus Adama's comment - get yourself someone younger).

As for short haircut - I hope we're not talking GI Jane or Alien 3 Ripley. Then again, Katee tends to exagerate a lot in her interviews. And even if she does go bald, I'm sure it'll just be a temporary thing - kind of like Lee being fat.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old April 26 2006, 02:26 PM   #657
flux_29
Commodore

deleted.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old April 26 2006, 02:36 PM   #658
TFMinister
Captain

I'm assuming it's a petri-dish hybrid? Interesting. Pretty much tanks the self-parodic "You need love for babies" idea. Either way, I love the Starbuck-Leoben scenario. I imagine that's going to be an unpopular sentiment, though, but it's too committedly twisted for me to ignore. Besides, since every female Cylon seems to be a Mata Hari, I'm thrilled a Cylon male's getting some human loving--mental manipulation or not.

The most terrifying nugget of info there is Baltar going on the Basestar. I've heard that the post-New Caprica B-story for the show was going to take place amongst the Cylon's with some human characters, but--but it's Baltar! I hope they don't remove him from the human equation entirely. I hope he gets back. Basically, I hope he doesn't become the villain-of-the-week leading the Cylon's in attacking the fleet.
Old April 26 2006, 08:32 PM   #659
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I smell blood in the water. The sharks are coming to jump. Starbuck's going to have a hybrid baby. God almighty. Moore's lost his marbles. It will be a special, multi talented baby, you betcha. I wonder if it will be an alcoholic like mommy. A "brainwashed captive" Is it Stockholm syndrome? Does Leoben rape her? How vile. No wonder Sackhoff was complaining about it in the interview.

It's a special baby! A super Starbuck baby!! Fresh made with stolen eggs. The search for Starbuck's super baby!! Wheeeee!! There there little sharks. Calm down. You can start jumping soon. I'll bet Sackhoff lost her mind when she read those scripts.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 27 2006, 03:06 AM   #660
witchie
Commodore

I lost my mind, Dorian. What are they thinking? I could stomach Starbuck, under her own will, being w/ Leoben. There's history and attraction, but this... This is the stuff of good drugs. I'm not a Starbuck fan, by any means, but I can't see her being so weak of mind that she would break while in a prison camp.