Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 4 2005, 10:20 PM   #46
America99
Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
Um, Dorian, who says that just because Anders is coming back that they are going to revisit Caprica?
Ummm, Ron Moore. He implied it. Yes, they're going back and I doubt that Anders is a cylon. It's for Starbuck to be more feminine and have a "love interest." Sheesh. Yes, I'm irritated that she suggested it but I'm far more irritated with David Eick for agreeing to it. Yes, they're irretrievably lost and drifting in space in despair from all that they've lost, but they can zip back to Caprica whenever they want for beer, tampons, and resistance fighters with big muscles who can't act worth a lick. What a dud of an idea. Anders a cylon? I wish. But I'm not counting on it happening, America. Love interest for Starbuck city. They're going back to Caprica so Starbuck can have a love interest.
I know that Ron Moore implied that the actor would be back. I also know that he will probably be reprising the role of Anders. And I realize that this was at the request of Katie Saackhoff.

But I also know this:

1. From all appearances in the episode the Farm, the resistance cell was attacked, but only Kara and some of the women were actually captured.

2. Doctor Simon, the doctor who Kara first saw when she woke up, told her that she had been carried in by Anders and that Anders had died. So, how did this doctor know Anders by name? And more importantly, how would he have known that Anders might have meant something to Kara?

Yes, the attack might have been a coincidence and the cylons might have gotten lucky with the capture of Starbuck. But everything about the attack screams intentional and pre-planned ambush. For that to have happened, the cylons needed inside information.

Of course, later on, Doctor Simon messed up by calling her Starbuck instead of Kara and of course, that is how she knew that Simon was a cylon. But what I don't understand is how they knew Ander's name.

Then, there was that statement from Sharon that maybe they would put Kara with someone she liked. The look on Kara's face when Sharon said that was like: There's no way I'd ever fall for a cylon.

Kara has been openly vocal about her disapproval of Helo's relationship with Cylon Sharon.

So, it would be really ironic if Kara finds out that she is pregnant with Ander's baby and also that Anders is a cylon.

America (and this is why I suspect that Ron Moore would do exactly that)
Old September 4 2005, 10:41 PM   #47
mac
Vice Admiral

Quite possible that the resistance was captured by the Cylons as well.
Remember Anders mentioned that the cylons were 'cleaning up Caprica' as if there was some plan they had for the city.
Plus with all the Cylons efforts to create true hybrids, somehow I don't think the Anders we'll see next time will be the same we saw earlier.
Something about this storyline is ringing a bell in the back of my mind but I can't for the life of me recall or even pinpoint what it is that seems so familiar.
Anybody else out there feel the same.
"It's a summons." "What's a summons?" "It means summon's in trouble." -- Rocky and Bullwinkle

Old September 4 2005, 10:41 PM   #48
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by America99:

So, it would be really ironic if Kara finds out that she is pregnant with Ander's baby
If they do that, I'm out. Period. Not everyone with a fucking uterus needs to end up pregnant! Sheesh.

Plus, given Kara's sexual history, one would hope that she has a fairly good handle on birth control methods, and I would also guess that a civilization with advanced tech would also have highly effective BC. If no, then my respect for the character goes out the door.
Old September 4 2005, 10:44 PM   #49
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Babaganoosh:
Posted by insert_name_here: Here is the link for the script:

link

It's similar to the script that was leaked before, just with more details this time. The script however doesn't mention any use of stem cells so I don't know where that fits in. But the link I originally gave at the top is from some interview so all the spoiler hounds will have to follow that up for me.

Even still not all the facts are in yet so we really don't know for sure how this story will play out on screen and what they might add or take out before filming.
Okay, I've been out of touch for awhile, but I gotta ask:

<span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span>
"Admiral" Adama? Has this happened on the actual show? When is he supposed to be promoted?

Also, what is the Prometheus? Yet another battlestar they manage to stumble across? Or just another ship in the fleet?
</span><hr /></span>
Here's my theory:

After the Pegasus episode(s) it becomes obvious that Adama is a better at commanding the fleet than Evil-Admiral-From-Hell Cain is/was. So Roslin promotes him to Admiral, thus ensuring that he stays in command if they encounter any more surviving battlestars with Evil Admirals/Commanders From Hell.

It makes sense - but IMHO "Commander Adama" sounds a lot cooler than "Admiral Adama." But that's just my opinion.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old September 4 2005, 10:48 PM   #50
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by mac:
Plus with all the Cylons efforts to create true hybrids, somehow I don't think the Anders we'll see next time will be the same we saw earlier.
Something about this storyline is ringing a bell in the back of my mind but I can't for the life of me recall or even pinpoint what it is that seems so familiar.
Anybody else out there feel the same.
The X-Files, maybe?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old September 4 2005, 10:49 PM   #51
nevermore
Admiral

^^^Supersoldiers? *groan*
Old September 4 2005, 10:50 PM   #52
mac
Vice Admiral

Posted by Hobs202:
Posted by Babaganoosh:

link

It's similar to the script that was leaked before, just with more details this time. The script however doesn't mention any use of stem cells so I don't know where that fits in. But the link I originally gave at the top is from some interview so all the spoiler hounds will have to follow that up for me.

Even still not all the facts are in yet so we really don't know for sure how this story will play out on screen and what they might add or take out before filming.

"Admiral" Adama? Has this happened on the actual show? When is he supposed to be promoted?

Also, what is the Prometheus? Yet another battlestar they manage to stumble across? Or just another ship in the fleet?
</span><hr /></span>
Here's my theory:

After the Pegasus episode(s) it becomes obvious that Adama is a better at commanding the fleet than Evil-Admiral-From-Hell Cain is/was. So Roslin promotes him to Admiral, thus ensuring that he stays in command if they encounter any more surviving battlestars with Evil Admirals/Commanders From Hell.

It makes sense - but IMHO "Commander Adama" sounds a lot cooler than "Admiral Adama." But that's just my opinion.
Does he get busted back down to Commander for trying to save Tigh from a ...ummm..lets say a ...Genesis Planet?
"It's a summons." "What's a summons?" "It means summon's in trouble." -- Rocky and Bullwinkle

Old September 4 2005, 10:58 PM   #53
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by flamingliberal:
^^^Supersoldiers? *groan*
I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. But whenever the Cylon/Human hybrids are brought up, the first thing that I think of are the Alien/Human hybrids from The X-Files.

--- Dogbert
Old September 4 2005, 11:06 PM   #54
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by mac:
Posted by Hobs202:
Posted by Babaganoosh:

link

</span><hr /></span>
Here's my theory:

Does he get busted back down to Commander for trying to save Tigh from a ...ummm..lets say a ...Genesis Planet?
Yes, but first, he has to time travel back to Kobol in a stolen Cylon Basestar to pick up a pair of humpback whales.

--- Dogbert
Old September 5 2005, 02:31 AM   #55
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Posted by Hobs202:After the Pegasus episode(s) it becomes obvious that Adama is a better at commanding the fleet than Evil-Admiral-From-Hell Cain is/was. So Roslin promotes him to Admiral
Does she have the authority to do that? She's not a member of the military, so how can she issue promotions? I had always assumed that (IRL, anyway) all promotions had to come from the top brass of the actual military branch of the individual being promoted.

Even assuming that, as in most real life nations, the president is the C-in-C of the Colonial military, I wasn't aware that this meant they could also issue promotions.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old September 5 2005, 02:40 AM   #56
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
but they can zip back to Caprica whenever they want for beer, tampons, and resistance fighters with big muscles who can't act worth a lick.
Yeah, but he's got big muscles!

Old September 5 2005, 03:42 AM   #57
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Babaganoosh:
Posted by Hobs202:After the Pegasus episode(s) it becomes obvious that Adama is a better at commanding the fleet than Evil-Admiral-From-Hell Cain is/was. So Roslin promotes him to Admiral
Does she have the authority to do that? She's not a member of the military, so how can she issue promotions? I had always assumed that (IRL, anyway) all promotions had to come from the top brass of the actual military branch of the individual being promoted.

*shrugs*

Well, who else is going to promote him? He can't promote himself, and Cain is definitely not going to do it. They'll probably bend a few rules, but it's not as if anyone in the fleet is going to object. Either that or Adama becomes "Acting-Admiral."

--- Dogbert
Old September 5 2005, 04:03 AM   #58
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yeah, but he's got big muscles!

Oh, quiet you or I'll lash you with a wet noodle.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 5 2005, 11:22 AM   #59
Whizzer
Lieutenant Commander

Plus, given Kara's sexual history, one would hope that she has a fairly good handle on birth control methods, and I would also guess that a civilization with advanced tech would also have highly effective BC. If no, then my respect for the character goes out the door.
Well I am pretty sure the colonies had very reliable BC, and I do not think they will do a pregnant Starbuck storyline this early.
An interesting question is do they have reliable BC in the fleet?
I am sure both Galactica and the cruiseships had some in storage, plus the personal stock of the passengers.
However considering a lot of the passengers have no real job to do, the lack of recreational facilities and human nature I would assume they are going to be out of BC pretty quickly.
And while they have refinery ships and some such, I do not think that they have a jump capable condom factory somewhere in the fleet.
Thoughts?
Old September 5 2005, 06:43 PM   #60
Apogeal Alpha01
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Apogeal Alpha01

Abstinence. Abstinence and manual operation would be effective birth control methods if the cupboards are bare of BC products.