May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 28 2006, 01:56 AM   #556
spocklives
Fleet Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Hobs202 said:
I'm not quite sure about the "six months" thing. That's a little too long, IMO. I'm guessing maybe two or three months.
Six months sound perfect actually. What's cool is that the jump forward in time will not happen in Pt.1 but in Pt.2 (since the preview for Pt.1 shows that it happens pretty much now ).
So when Pt.2 rolls by; Baltar is President for awhile now, Roslin adjusted to not being a president by now, The Colonials had time to settle on the planet by now.

I'm willing to bet real money the Cylon peace offer only comes up in Pt.2 (and the 1st part is dedicated to the election storyline).

FUCK BRAGA.

Old February 28 2006, 02:47 AM   #557
Hobs202
Commodore

^ This is starting to sound a bit like that that Sg1 Episode "2010" without the time travel. The Colonists have settled down on their little "not-Earth" planet and have made "peace" with the Cylons. Balter is now the president, and Roslin is a school teacher again. Some fleet officers have "retired"/are layed off due to the "peace" with the Cylons. Then just as things are started to look nice, Starbuck discovers the Cylons have buried a nuke under the colony. Or something like that...

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old February 28 2006, 03:09 AM   #558
David85
Rear Admiral

Frankly I think this idea is ridiculous.

We went in season one one day at a time. The season two did it slow the first half, it was good. The second half jumped around without a clue. Then all of a sudden they will jump six months into the future. Just skip over the presidental elections which I think are a little more important than just a 2-3 episode thing. And change everything? Why didn't they have a bigger lead up to the settling?

Plus why do I have a feeling it will start "6 months later" but down the road they will go "59 days earlier" that was one of my biggest complaints about the 3-4 bad episodes.

I like change when it's not just thrown at us.

And I always thought saving thousands of lives was the ultimate homeland security.

Support equality... www.massequality.org
Old February 28 2006, 03:10 AM   #559
UlricK
Lieutenant

Hobs202 said:
^ This is starting to sound a bit like that that Sg1 Episode "2010" without the time travel. The Colonists have settled down on their little "not-Earth" planet and have made "peace" with the Cylons. Balter is now the president, and Roslin is a school teacher again. Some fleet officers have "retired"/are layed off due to the "peace" with the Cylons. Then just as things are started to look nice, Starbuck discovers the Cylons have buried a nuke under the colony. Or something like that...
The spoilers that I have read states that a group of colonials are trapped in a planet's surface at the mercy of the cylons. The cylons make their peace offer starting a referendum. Roslin works with Zarek to shoot down the cylon proposal in the upcoming referendum. RDM has said that Apollo will shine on this one. And it ends in one huge kickass cliffhanger that will make KLG2 pale by comparison.
Old February 28 2006, 03:17 AM   #560
spocklives
Fleet Captain

^Wow, seriously? make KLG2 pale? that's asking for alot...

FUCK BRAGA.

Old February 28 2006, 03:30 AM   #561
David85
Rear Admiral

Well the creators always say a lot of shit.

And I always thought saving thousands of lives was the ultimate homeland security.

Old February 28 2006, 09:52 AM   #562
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

The new TV Guide has a preview for Part 2. It says that Baltar and Roslin have a debate in which he makes her look like a religious fanatic who doesn't care about the people. This wins him the election. He paints the planet in rosy colors, but the opposition, which seems to include the military (of course) take a different attitude and raise a number of concerns. It also says that he believes Roslin is aware of his duplicity with the Cylons...but the way it is worded it sounds like this is what he believes, but may not actually be the case. Six or Gina (or both) may be fueling his paranoia, IMO.

In Part 2, some of those concerns about the planet come true. Though they don't say what these concerns actually are. It goes on to indicate that they will still be on this planet for the first episodes of next season.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old February 28 2006, 01:54 PM   #563
spocklives
Fleet Captain

I totally had a revelation right now: aftre seeing "Downloaded" again last night I started thinking - back at the begining of S2 Baltar had a dream, In the dream he was holding the baby in his arms and Adama took it from him and put in the waters of a river river ...now back then I thought the meaning of a dream was that Adama will, at one point, kill the baby. But the whole 'steal the baby' storyline in 2x18 made me reconsider.
I mean we don't see Adama drowning the baby, he just put her there and she dissappear - are we getting our own little version of Moses?

FUCK BRAGA.

Old February 28 2006, 10:05 PM   #564
Komet155
Commodore

^^^ very interesting theory! I like it!
Old February 28 2006, 10:57 PM   #565
UlricK
Lieutenant

Here are another pics from LDYB 2. The source gets previews of the show before it airs in order for him to do his critic.

LDYB 2 pics link

It seems that Adama grows a moustache, Lee has a 70s hairdo and Cally is preggers with the Chief´s baby.
Old February 28 2006, 11:29 PM   #566
flux_29
Commodore

i'm going to really spoiler you now so i will use the 'code bar' be warned...

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old February 28 2006, 11:50 PM   #567
David85
Rear Admiral

peacemaker said:
It says that Baltar and Roslin have a debate in which he makes her look like a religious fanatic who doesn't care about the people. This wins him the election.
Hmm... In real life when people tried this the religious fanatic "won".

Old March 1 2006, 12:38 AM   #568
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh yeah, they must have taken the straightener off of Bamber's hair. Bamber's hair is naturally wavy/curly.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old March 1 2006, 01:46 AM   #569
Hobs202
Commodore

Cally pregnant??? Adama with a mustache???

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old March 1 2006, 01:52 AM   #570
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

This is all beginning to feel more like Future Imperfect.