Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 15 2006, 09:25 AM   #481
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

I'd hang in there if I were you. K/L is honestly the most stable ship on the show at present, so it hasn't been scrapped. Just don't expect total roses and happiness.
Old January 15 2006, 09:47 AM   #482
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Well, if you listen to Katee's interview with TV Guide she sounded like it was finished. It was all Anders, Anders, Anders with her. Anders and "just because you love someone doesn't mean you're good for them" in reference to Apollo's character. Then she talked of "letting him be with Dee" and then she went on about Michael Trucco again and how she campaigned to get him on the show. Listening to Katee, you'd think the sun rose and set on Michael Trucco.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 15 2006, 09:35 PM   #483
nevermore
Admiral

^He's only coming back for a couple of eps. At least I hope so. He's just so...BLAND. I get bored just looking at him.
Old January 15 2006, 10:48 PM   #484
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

True, I lean towards the Lee/Dee side of the force, but I'm not that thrilled with Trucco either. I'm just saying that you'd think Trucco was an Edward Norton caliber actor from the way Katee raves about him in that interview and campaigned for him to get back on the show. You can tell she really thinks his character is great for Starbuck. When asked about Starbuck and Lee, she sounds (IMO) pretty unenthusiastic, like she's just trying to be polite. Then she changes the subject. Her voice just lights up when she talks about Michael Trucco, though. Ouch.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 15 2006, 11:11 PM   #485
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
I'm just saying that you'd think Trucco was an Edward Norton caliber actor from the way Katee raves about him in that interview and campaigned for him to get back on the show. You can tell she really thinks his character is great for Starbuck.
Yeah, see this is what I don't get. What exactly does she see in the character, actor or relationship, beacuse I got nothing from it at all. I saw the whole thing as monumentally boring and arbitrary. Not to mention rather cliched.

Ah well, things will play out as they will. Fortunately, there is enough to this show that if you find one part distaseful or dull, you can just concentrate on any of a number of other fun and fantastic things. :thumbsup:
Old January 16 2006, 07:05 AM   #486
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Katee's just an actor. Yes, the actors have a tremenous amount of input on the show, but they don't drive it. I'm maintaining my position simply because the Starpollo ship seems to be the one everyone has been promoting since the miniseries.

Sackhoff tends to bounce in various directions depending on the week, so I dunno what she really feels. Her aside, everyone from the producers to the network to Bamber seem to envision them as eventual partners in some fashion. I could be wrong, but that's just what I see happening. Oh, and just so we're clear, I don't want this to degrade into a petty shipper debate. This is a discussion based strictly on the future of the show, so I'm not into dragging up quotes and analyzing to try and make the other convert.

Regarding your bit about the show being well rounded Flaming Liberal: I agree completely. BSG is nearly perfect in every sense of that word...at least it is to me. My only issue with it so far is the way everyone is now dressed in makeup. Last season they seemed like real people, but now they just look and feel like actors. Just look at the lighting and the amount of touch up they've been given. I want that ditched immediately.
Old January 16 2006, 11:13 AM   #487
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by Trubinator: My only issue with it so far is the way everyone is now dressed in makeup. Last season they seemed like real people, but now they just look and feel like actors. Just look at the lighting and the amount of touch up they've been given. I want that ditched immediately.
As someone who very much observes these sorts of things I have to say I disagree. If anything it's been more rough this season. For a good portion of the season we have had people on Kobol and Caprica not looking their best. Kara is terminally scruffy or greasy Not that there is anything wrong with that it suits her Laura seems to have given up on doing the Charlies Angel hair do and she seems to be sticking with the brush it and leave it approach.

Besides even if they did have a few occassions where they would where a bit more make up I don't get the issue. What woman isn't going to pack make up on a space flight?

Have you seen how many nail polishes Laura had on her bedside table? there were at least 5 or 6 there and she was only going to the Big G for a day
Old January 17 2006, 12:08 AM   #488
UlricK
Lieutenant

Have you seen how many nail polishes Laura had on her bedside table? there were at least 5 or 6 there and she was only going to the Big G for a day
And she packed what 3 suits? for a 10 hour long trip with a 2 hour layover (the decommissioning ceremony)?
Old January 17 2006, 12:41 AM   #489
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by UlricK:
And she packed what 3 suits? for a 10 hour long trip with a 2 hour layover (the decommissioning ceremony)?
She's a woman after my own heart
I have an embarressing amount of shoes, handbags, clothes etc.
Old January 17 2006, 05:30 AM   #490
Hobs202
Commodore

On the subject of the whole Lee/Kara relationship: My impression is that it's going to be one of those wacky type of things that bounces up and down all the time. Some people are comparing Lee/Kara to John/Aeryn (haven't seen very many Farscape eps. so no opinion there). I don't think the writers are just going to drop this issue anytime soon.

And as for the Lee/Dee thing... I have a feeling it's going to meet a Harry/ChoChang type ending.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old January 17 2006, 05:40 AM   #491
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

People compare Lee and Kara to Jon and Aeryn??? Definitely not a comparison I would make. More like Jon and D'argo for the friendship.

Old January 18 2006, 08:04 PM   #492
Ysrith
Cadet

There is a new interview with Katee Sackhoff over at Now Playing Mag.

In it she mentions that Kara will remain as CAG on the Pegasus for the rest of the season, and that she will also return to Caprica, where the love of her life, or one of them anyway, is waiting for her. So looks like we are getting more Kara/Anders.

There is also a nex SFX out here in the UK with interviews with David Eick and the rest of the cast. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. If there is any new in there, I will post them over here as well.
Old January 18 2006, 08:30 PM   #493
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Thanks for the heads up. The love of her life, huh? Yeah, Katee is real high on that Anders business, isn't she? The Lee/Kara shippers aren't going to like that, but they'd better get used to it I suppose.

Old January 19 2006, 01:27 AM   #494
kipron
Rear Admiral

Is there any word yet on who Six met with on Caprica (back in the miniseries)? Is it true that this will be revealed in Epiphanies?

Personally, my money's on <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span>Billy</span><hr /></span>. Am I right?
Old January 19 2006, 03:04 AM   #495
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
Thanks for the heads up. The love of her life, huh? Yeah, Katee is real high on that Anders business, isn't she? The Lee/Kara shippers aren't going to like that, but they'd better get used to it I suppose.
Until "the lover of her life" meets a horrible and painful death. I'm not wishing this; I just know it's kind of inevitable the way BSG works that Anders is gonna bite the dust.

I would much rather see a bumpy, wacky relationship like Lee/Kara than a smooth, unflawed Kara/Anders. Wacky, unstable relationships are just more fun. Anyway, RDM has said multiple times that the Lee/Kara issue would always "dance in and out of the show."

Personally, I would take all that stuff about "closing the door" with a grain of salt. Didn't EJO say before Season 2 that Adama would probably "never, ever, ever forgive Roslin."

Besides, Katee never said the door was locked; only closed.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert