RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,725
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 887
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 13 2006, 07:53 AM   #466
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Starbuck's always been fucked up, but if she really does you-know-what to you-know-who, there's really no reason to keep her around. I like her character, but if I were the commander, I would have demoted her several ranks by now.
Old January 13 2006, 08:04 AM   #467
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

One has to wonder if Adama will realize she's been drinking and what the situation is. Is she in the bar when the hostage situation arises and thus not on duty when she leads the marines in a rescue attempt? That seems unlikely. Was she having a drink in her off hours when the emergency came up? Should she have agreed to lead the rescue if she'd been drinking? Does Adama even find out? First Kara plays a role in one son's death and only by divine providence does she end up catching Lee in the shoulder instead of plugging him in the chest. Supposedly Lee's trying to do something to get the hostages out of there; (the "somebody is trying to be a hero bit" Bamber referenced) Kara sees a flurry of activity and fires. Did the alcohol impair her judgment? It's hard to believe Bill wouldn't be furious for reasons beyond the professional.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 13 2006, 12:24 PM   #468
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Yeah well if they are going to be tarnishing character's let's hope everyone get's it. Laura has had her fair share of tarnishing to pretty much last 2 seasons , Baltar could do with a bit more especially in regards to Gina, Helo is too damned perfect I don't know what they would do with him.....but the one character they need to tarnish a bit before I barf with her awsomeness has to be Caprica Sharon.

How many times is she going to save the ship or play the poor little cylon card?

I just don't want to see the characters who are suppose to be the bad guys completely reformed while we pull down the good guys who are jut trying to survive.

If we are going to tarnish characters then let everyone have a fair share of the stick
Old January 13 2006, 02:06 PM   #469
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

*sigh*

I'm sure she won't be reprimanded no matter what she does. I tell you...I was RELIEVED and ELATED when the Pegasus CAG actually made Starbuck stay behind. That was the one time in the entire show when an actual military decision was made with regard to her blatantly insubordinate behavior.
Old January 13 2006, 06:01 PM   #470
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh I'm waiting for Sharon's cylon side to emerge as soon as her happy little family doesn't turn out like the Brady Bunch. Sharon has yet to express any moral revulsion to my satisfaction. That's why I've always wanted them to kill off Helo. Is it the humans, Sharon, or is it Helo? I think it's just Helo. She'd be as deadly as the rest of the cylons were it not for him.

Helo's nice, but he's completely sidelined. It's as if his purpose is done. He's not a pilot, a CAG, a commander or a deck's mechanic/engineer like Tyrol. He's not a commander's son or some wisecracking old chef who always knows what's going on in the mess hall. He's not a doctor or medic or lady of ill repute to keep the boys happy. He's not a knuckle dragger like Cally and the rest of chief's crew. It's as if Helo existed to impregnate Sharon and he's done his job. Now what?

As for Starbuck we'll have to wait and see, Trubinator. I never thought I'd see her mess up like this, but here we are. If Bill can overlook Lee getting shot--if--her slight intoxication contributed to it then I agree something's out of whack.

EDIT: Here's the proper link to those Bamber interview excerpts.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...30.html#cutid1

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 13 2006, 06:14 PM   #471
Ysrith
Cadet

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
Holy Schmoly! More spoilers from thesecretcylon live journal community, courtesty of a poster called Indy535. Some excerpts from an interview with Jamie Bamber just posted there.

Normally I lurk here, and I hate that my first post here is a cranky one, but can I ask, while I don't mind spoilers from
The Secret Cylon being posted to other sites, could you have the courtesy to (a) ask the original poster if you can cut and paste direct details from their post, (b) post a link to the thread & (c) get the details right.

I know that the guys over at Galactica Actual ask the same thing. While The Secret Cylon is not a members only site and we are happy for spoilers to be shared, a lot of people work hard to gather them for other people's enjoyment, and it would be nice if their effort was actually acknowleged.

FYI, there is no member of that community called INDY535, and considering how bloody long it took me to retype that part of the interview I should know who the original poster was. You even copied my typos!

The quotes themsleves were taken from the UK scifi magazine "Starburst" Magazine, if other people want to track it down. There is a lot more detail in the full interview, and hopefully scans of that will go up on The Secret Cylon over the weekend. I will post a link to that here if people want

As for your specific questions re Kara being drunk,

Are they saying that Starbuck was drunk on duty and that contributes to her shooting Lee accidentally when he's held hostage? That isn't going to endear her to anyone, least of all Papa Adama if he finds out.

more details from the interview are that that Lee has gone to Cloud Nine with the friend who in mentioned earlier, the on-and-off one, (and who I think, from other spoilers, video-blogs and script-spoilers is Dee) to relax and have a drink. The hostage situation starts and Kara, who is drunk , possibly elsewhere, gets involved and things got from bad to worse.
Old January 13 2006, 06:17 PM   #472
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I just posted the link in my post above. It's edited right at the same time you made your post. However, I did get it from a poster called Indy535. I lurk at a few other sites, and that's the name of the poster who copied and pasted it at TWOP. She/he reposted it, so I didn't think it was a problem.

My apologies. I won't ever report any spoilers from your site again. Since you got them elsewhere, I didn't believe it was a problem. I didn't realize that you were also the author of the Starburst article. My bad.

Old January 13 2006, 06:26 PM   #473
Ysrith
Cadet

My apologies. I won't ever report any spoilers for your site again. Since you got them elsewhere, I didn't believe it was a problem. I didn't realize that you were also the author of the Starburst article. My bad..
A charming and immature response to a polite request from a proper link and details.

All I was asking for was common courtesy, and FYI, I did acutally quote my ref source properly, the Starburst Article. As I said I have no problem with the spoilers being shared, but manners in regards to their reposting would be appreciated.

The people at TWOP usually link to the post.
Old January 13 2006, 06:33 PM   #474
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Indy didn't link to it in her post. I went to find the link myself because I thought it should have a proper link. It's not the first time I've seen information from your site posted in various places. As I said, I posted a link to your site. LOOK at the post above yours, edited at 11:14. I was putting the link in as you were typing your post (we were doing it at the same time) because I was looking at it when I logged on and thought, "gee, I'd better put in a proper link to be polite."

I didn't claim the article was mine and I did say that it was from thesecretcylon in the original post. If you got the material from Starburst then it isn't your copyrighted material either unless you conducted the interview yourself. If you did conduct yourself, as I said, "I apologize." If not, chill with the snippy attitude. I won't post from your site again. I just said so. Believe me, it's not a problem.

Old January 13 2006, 07:25 PM   #475
Ysrith
Cadet

The only "attitude" here is yours. I am only asking that people acknowledge those who go find spoilers for them and share them.

I will be happy to post any information from UK sources over here if that is what people would like. As BSG has started back in the UK this month, most of the magazines are covering the show and have interviews with the cast.
Old January 13 2006, 07:53 PM   #476
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Ysrith, I'm sorry if I sounded snippy. I had a massive headache this morning and I came across much more crossly than I intended. I did credit you in my post. It wasn't my intention to steal any credit from anyone. That's why I posted my link in the second post where I edited. I was in the process of doing what you wanted me to do when you posted your first post. We cross posted. That's why I reacted the way I did. I felt "scolded" for not doing something I had done so my fingers just typed away, but I wasn't lying about Indy or that there was no link in her post. I thought you were saying I was lying about that, and I wasn't so I got cross.

It would be very nice of you to share your spoilers. They're great spoilers. Please don't feel like you shouldn't because of me. Normally, I'm a pleasant person.

Old January 13 2006, 10:21 PM   #477
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by Ysrith:

I will be happy to post any information from UK sources over here if that is what people would like. As BSG has started back in the UK this month, most of the magazines are covering the show and have interviews with the cast.
Thank you for posting & welcome to the board! I think we would all be thrilled if you posted your spoilers here.
Old January 14 2006, 05:38 AM   #478
Starwind
Fleet Captain

*stuffs the K/L shipper into the back of the closet...successfully *

I'm changing my icon tommorrow.

Seriously, I'm afraid to come here anymore. The spoilers just keep getting worse and worse.
Old January 14 2006, 06:53 PM   #479
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by Starwind:

Seriously, I'm afraid to come here anymore. The spoilers just keep getting worse and worse.
I know what you mean. I'm in no way interested in the Dee/lee stuff, and I hate Anders, so I'm just oing to concentrate on the larger aspects of the show and not worry about it. I'm generally a reluctant shipper anyway, so this might be good for me.

The Roslin/Adama stuff could be interesting. A chance to play out a relationship between two mature adults and all. You don't see that too often. :thumbsup:
Old January 15 2006, 06:53 AM   #480
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by flamingliberal:
The Roslin/Adama stuff could be interesting. A chance to play out a relationship between two mature adults and all. You don't see that too often. :thumbsup:
Totally agree. Very rare indeed. Too many times going that route in a show is done badly or its not done at all because TPTB are afraid of doing it badly. I think we have a show here that could do it well and with maturity. I have faith in EJO, MM and TPTB to do it well here.

And that final scene from ResShipII just killed! :thumbsup:

======