Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 6 2006, 03:45 PM   #451
flux_29
Commodore

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

It also seens that they have included Downloaded in the season line up as it is due to air on (USA)02.24.06

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old January 8 2006, 07:26 PM   #452
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Hold the phone!!!!! Here's something I came across online. It's a spoiler filled interview with Katie for TV Guide.

Katee Sackhoff

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page. It's not print. About half of it is the hosts blathering on about this and that but eventually they do get to Katie. They said that they are campaigning to get people on board with Battlestar since it's such a terrific show...yea!!!! Let's just say there are some very spoilerific revelations about where Starbuck ends up emotionally at the end of this season. Here's a summation:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Lee and Kara have sex--in a bizarre scene that left her with more bruises than when she and Tricia fought. The tryst closes the door on the possibility of Lee and Kara romantically, according to Katie.

She "lets him go" because, even though she loves Lee, they're "not good for each other" and if you love someone and you're not good for them you have to let them go. She mentions Dee and Apollo as a couple. Katee says straight out that she fought for Michael Trucco to come back and that he is coming back at the end of the season. "Thank God" because, according to Katee, Kara lets her guard down with him. The interviewer asked how she felt that the "fans would like a romance between Starbuck and Apollo" (speak for yourself, guy) and although she didn't say anything you can hear her sigh and mutter a "mmmmm, well..." like she's trying to be polite. You get the idea she's not on board with that.

She laughed and said she doesn't know where Starbuck's ovary is because nobody's told her. Also, this was the best part, she said that when she reads the scripts a lot of the time that she says out loud, "Will someone please hit this girl?" because Starbuck can be really annoying. She's a hilarious interview. I enjoyed listening to her. She modeled Starbuck after her own brother, apparently. Then they talk about sci-fi conventions, being a role model for young girls and yada yada yada...
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 9 2006, 02:28 PM   #453
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Want to know some spoilery goodness about the last couple of episodes of season 2?
.....they find a planet to possibly live on and it ain't earth folks Oh and there is more here (click on the post about the RDM interview)
Old January 9 2006, 08:30 PM   #454
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Lots of interesting spoilers. I wish they hadn't brought Trucco back since he'll just be another contrived wrench thrown into the Kara/Lee ship so they can postpone the inevitable. As for the new planet: I'm excited to see what they'll do with it, but I hope to the gods they don't use that card every season. Kobol was nice, but another planet on top of that might be a bit much to take in this early in the game.
Old January 9 2006, 08:40 PM   #455
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

A habitable planet? Hmmmmm, that does sound like it could throw a monkey wrench into everything. I'll be interested in how RDM and the staff approach the stories.

Trub, I don't think Kara and Lee getting together is inevitable. Why do they have to get together? Kira and Odo didn't when all was said and done.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 9 2006, 08:55 PM   #456
Caprica_Six
Admiral

I tend to think they are trying to up the UST factor (unresolved sexual tension) with Kara and Lee by throwing in a few different relationships here and there.
A few spoilers have indicated they will shag this season and in one promo they apparently briefly kiss next episode. You will have to check out beyond insane for more info on that though. But I highly doubt this ship will ever be dumped completely. My advice for the K/L fans is enjoy the angsty ride and the bones the writers through you every now and again. Besides if they got together right now and were over the top happy even the most diehard K/L fan would be reaching for the bucket.
This is BSG otherwise known as Angst-o-rama that's why it's fun

About the planet episode....I just hope they don't run into Amelia Earhart remember the Voyager episode "The 37's" where they found a planet with other humans living there and they were thinking of staying?

**shudder**
Old January 9 2006, 09:02 PM   #457
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

That's assuming Lee and Kara have any decent UST after they have the intercourse brawl. Once they shag, that's over. It's out of the way. So, if their other pairings work TPTB should dump them, or the other two characters should conveniently die just so Lee and Kara could get together?

Why do they have to get together? It's not written down. I'm at a few boards where they hate the idea of Lee and Kara with a passion. I'd rather see Bill and Laura get the screentime myself. Lee pining away like a puppy for her is so pathetic. He's pathetic when he looks at her with those moony eyes and I don't want her acting out of left field like some jealous sow when he's with Dee or Shevon or whoever. Why can't they just be friends?

Old January 9 2006, 09:09 PM   #458
Caprica_Six
Admiral

I'm just saying it how I see it really, it doesn't bother me either way. I'm more about Adama/Roslin and the overall family dynamic between the main 4 then Kara/Lee specifically.
The good thing about this show is that you can pretty much interpret anything you want in terms of chemistry.
Old January 9 2006, 09:40 PM   #459
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Adama and Roslin are surprisingly enticing.

Old January 9 2006, 10:03 PM   #460
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

That's pretty much my assessment as well. No idea about this alleged kiss you're referring to though. Anyway, I'm off to Half Life 2 now. I'll catch you folks later.
Old January 9 2006, 11:34 PM   #461
Komet155
Commodore

IMHO, the unresolved sexual tension between Lee and Kara is mainly symptomatic of two things: they have a great love for each other, primarily in a sibling sort of way. Like it or not, they're now basically family, brother and sister with Commander Adama as their father. It's a familial triangle. So, this deep fondness they have for each other coupled with both of them being in desperate need of good, prolonged shaggings has made them mistakenly think that their gettin' familiar in the biblical (or is it scrollical in the BSG universe?) sense would complete them. It wouldnt. At least I dont think so. Kara needs someone who would/could keep challenging her, someone like Anders. Lee needs, well, I dont know what kind of woman he needs....but I wouldnt throw Anastasia Dualla out of bed for eating crackers, I tell you what. :-)
Old January 9 2006, 11:49 PM   #462
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

At least I dont think so. Kara needs someone who would/could keep challenging her, someone like Anders. Lee needs, well, I dont know what kind of woman he needs....but I wouldnt throw Anastasia Dualla out of bed for eating crackers, I tell you what. :-)
Apparently you and TPTB are of a like mind according to Katee's interview clip. Can you imagine being some poor dumb slob writer stuck with the task of trying to write a story where Lee throws the incomparably lovely (and crazy about him) Anastasia Dualla over for Kara, who frakked Lee's brother, Baltar, and Anders instead of Lee even though she had ample chance? Lee would look like the biggest dumbass who ever lived.

As much as I thought the actor was lacking, Anders is a better match for Kara personality wise. If Connor Trinneer played Anders he'd have worked perfectly as a character. Dee is a better match for Lee. Lee and Kara are pseudo siblings.

Old January 10 2006, 12:04 AM   #463
Komet155
Commodore

^^^ they are (pseudo-siblings), indeed.
Old January 12 2006, 07:12 PM   #464
Caprica_Six
Admiral

More spoilers...

"Sharon will definitely give birth to a cylon-human hybrid before the season ends."

- That is according to the link below, be careful though as there are spoilers for other shows on that link as well
LINK

- It also seems there is going to be an election, check out the prop link below
LINK
Old January 13 2006, 06:32 AM   #465
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Holy Schmoly! More spoilers from thesecretcylon live journal community, courtesty of a poster called Indy535. Some excerpts from an interview with Jamie Bamber just posted there.

-------------------------------------
Bamber: Apollo finally gets together with a certain someone on the show who he's had sort of an on and off relationship with for a while. Funnily enough, for the past few weeks, my character has suddenly had reason to kiss every woman under the sun, which has been a little crazy, but also rather fun....

....There's been a bit more back story on Apollo. He's had some encounters that either should or should not have happened, and as a result we're seeing a clearer picture of who this guy is because he's experienced some fairly gruelling moments that have slightly rattled him.....

From Black Market--
Bamber: We found out that Lee went through a very painful break-up just before the mini-series started. His girlfriend and fiancee told him she was pregnant and my character reacts badly because he never wanted to have children. She stormed off and then the end of the world happened with the Cylons attacking. Lee has been carrying the guilt around with him ever since and it's been a part of everything we've seen him do on the show. In Balck Market he transfers this guilt to someone else and tries to make amends for what he did through this other person....

We knew that Kara was responsible for Lee getting shot in that episode [in Sacrifice], but there's a major reveal as to why it happened.

Bamber: Starbuck is a little drunk and she gets involved, and then someone tries to be a hero and the situation goes from bad to worse....
--------------------------------------------

Okay, we've established that Moore isn't afraid to tarnish his characters. Good stuff, huh? So, how would Lee have reacted had armageddon not conveniently occurred right after his fianceé told him she was pregnant? Adds some realism and a nice wrinkle to his over the top pissy behavior the first time he saw dad--and the way he acted with the chief the very first time for that matter when you think about it. Adds a little depth to that look of thankful, joyous despair that came over Apollo's face when his father embraced him the first time. Bamber's eyes were strikingly emotional; he'd looked at a picture of his mother with him and Zack as a child on his father's deak......I can believe that all this guilt was swimming around in his head, guilt compounded the more love he felt for his own father.

Are they saying that Starbuck was drunk on duty and that contributes to her shooting Lee accidentally when he's held hostage? That isn't going to endear her to anyone, least of all Papa Adama if he finds out.