RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,678
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 508
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 23 2005, 04:19 AM   #436
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Pangea has pointed this out over the A/R LJ but I think it needs an airing here.

Publicity photos for RSII in lieu of an Xmas pressie.
NBC/Universal Publicity Photos

*oggles the second photo down on the left* ... *sigh*

======
Old December 23 2005, 05:48 AM   #437
Hobs202
Commodore

^ Why do I need a password to view anything???

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old December 23 2005, 05:58 AM   #438
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by Hobs202:
^ Why do I need a password to view anything???
Umm. I can't help you there I'm afraid. I don't need a password for that. That link opens to a page with 8 smallish pics, some old, 3 are new for me (Gina; Gina/Cain; Roslin/Adama). They'll probably be up on galactica.emedian.net soon as the full size, high rez versions.

======
Old December 23 2005, 06:04 AM   #439
Hobs202
Commodore

^ Sorry, I meant why do I need a password to preview/download any of the pics?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old December 24 2005, 09:54 AM   #440
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

They're up on emedian.net now
So try either this one or this one. They might in the process of moving files around as I can't see them on the second link (only old photos) but other people could several hours ago. I can only see the new photos at the first one.

The NBC site might require a password if its for industry folks to get their hands on photos or some such.(???)

======
Old December 24 2005, 11:49 PM   #441
flux_29
Commodore

"Do ya feel lucky, Punk?"

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old December 28 2005, 12:06 PM   #442
Caprica_Six
Admiral

I mentioned this in the picture thread but there is a recent tv guide article that a friend from LJ has scanned for the A/R fans....spoilers below obviously

Page 1 of article
Page 2 of article

Well I and a heck of a lot of people over at LJ and Galactica Actual are very pleased about this I've always wanted to see someone address what would happened if those in charge became involved, plus they have great chemistry
So if anything happens with them that would be really interesting....either way they kiss, so excuse me while I say the following CANON! (as someone who was a Janeway/Chakotay fan I always wanted to say that but never got the chance ).

Another point of interest....Laura and the former prez...naughty naughty I just love how no one is innocent in this show
Old December 28 2005, 05:49 PM   #443
nevermore
Admiral

Thanks for the links!

I'm personally not thrilled with the whole "Laura slept her way to the top" thinkg, but I love this:

TV Guide: How do you think BSG will end one day?

EJO: They should find Earth. When they land, they'll be happy they found it. They'll walk off the ship & they'll be nuked. One of the commandos will turn to president Bush and say, "The aliens have been defeated."
Unfortunately, of course, this IS probably the most likely scenario if they showed up on US soil.
Old December 28 2005, 06:37 PM   #444
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Posted by insert_name_here:
Another point of interest....Laura and the former prez...naughty naughty I just love how no one is innocent in this show
From the way Laura talked about him, I always assumed she was involved with the President. I'd be willing to bet that as far back as the mini-series, Mary's been playing scenes where she mentions Adar with that element of her character's relationship with him in mind.

Lovely article too, by the way.
Old December 28 2005, 06:46 PM   #445
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by The Evil Dead:
From the way Laura talked about him, I always assumed she was involved with the President. I'd be willing to bet that as far back as the mini-series, Mary's been playing scenes where she mentions Adar with that element of her character's relationship with him in mind.
Yeah a few people have thought that, her affair with him seemed to have gone on a while if she knew him since (I think she said) when they worked in the mayor's office?

While I don't know any more details of their relationship (the spoiler folks haven't spilled anymore beans yet) my own personal theory was that her relationship with him was based on a need for comfort while her mother was sufferring from cancer. All we seem to know about her so far is that she seemed to work a lot and she also had the responsibility of looking after her mother during her last days. So I don't think her relationship is going to be so much about climbing the career ladder as about needing comfort and distraction because of her mother being so ill.

Remember she said I think in the mini to Apollo that she wanted to get out of politics but Adar kept on persuading her to stay. So I don't think she cared much about climing the political ladder if she wanted out.
Old December 28 2005, 06:58 PM   #446
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think for a minute their relationship was about Laura attempting to gain status. It was probably based on a foundation of real emotion, unfortunately Adar just happened to be a married man. You can tell that, despite Adama's thoughts on Adar, she had genuine respect for the man.

I think it's safe to say that we're both looking forward to Epiphanies a great deal. I'm hoping it sheds some light on pre-Cylon attack Laura, I've often wondered why she never had a husband (Or did she?) or doesn't seem to of had children. Of all the major characters on the show, she's the one I'm most curious about learning their pre-Cylon attack life.
Old December 29 2005, 02:35 AM   #447
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Well I and a heck of a lot of people over at LJ and Galactica Actual are very pleased about this

Really? *whistles* Never noticed myself.

Posted by The Evil Dead:
Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think for a minute their relationship was about Laura attempting to gain status. It was probably based on a foundation of real emotion, unfortunately Adar just happened to be a married man. You can tell that, despite Adama's thoughts on Adar, she had genuine respect for the man.

I think it's safe to say that we're both looking forward to Epiphanies a great deal. I'm hoping it sheds some light on pre-Cylon attack Laura, I've often wondered why she never had a husband (Or did she?) or doesn't seem to of had children. Of all the major characters on the show, she's the one I'm most curious about learning their pre-Cylon attack life.
I have to agree (how surprising). Out of all the main cast she is the one we know the least about in terms of their pre-Cylon attack life. It will be interesting to see this and I've been longing to see this ep since the spoilers first escaped about this ep months ago.

======
Old January 6 2006, 04:15 AM   #448
Q2UnME
Commodore

OK fellow Spoiler Whores - - don't know if this was posted yet or not, but new pictures up a DarkThoughts...

Epiphanies pictures are now up (02x13)

Spoiler Pictures O-plenty!

Enjoy!

Q2UnME

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Old January 6 2006, 02:33 PM   #449
Talleyrand
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by Q2UnME:
OK fellow Spoiler Whores - - don't know if this was posted yet or not, but new pictures up a DarkThoughts...

Epiphanies pictures are now up (02x13)

Spoiler Pictures O-plenty!

Enjoy!

Q2UnME
Very nice! Thanks!

Le Vice au Bras du Crime
Old January 6 2006, 03:32 PM   #450
flux_29
Commodore

Great pics, but why is Racetrack being arrested?

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)