Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 1 2005, 12:38 PM   #406
America99
Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Stag:
Well since I am usually the last to find out about SPOILERS of any kind, and in going through the thread I did not see anything here ...surprisingly... Battlestar Wiki has posted spoilers on the two parter that will close out season 2. The articles are here:

Lay Down Your Burdens Part 1

and here:

Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2

EDIT: OF course after I posted this I found a post or two commenting on this...why would I think spoilers would be in episode order... ...Enjoy :thumbsup:
I wonder who Dean Stockwell will be playing. I don't know why but I hope he will be the One God that the cylons worship.

America (I really like Dean Stockwell and I think he'd make a great One God.)
Old December 1 2005, 02:08 PM   #407
flux_29
Commodore

^ DS will probobly be the leader of the pacifist movement that wants to sign the Cylon's demands with adama, roslin and zarak(?) against him.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old December 14 2005, 05:51 PM   #408
V
Commodore

My head has just exploded:

Old December 14 2005, 05:53 PM   #409
V
Commodore

Also, hugely detalied shot of the Cylon mothership; it's the "Resurrection Ship"; it looks like a big antenna;

Of course this begs the question; where do they keep getting those new models?

They didn't know what the new Raiders or new Basestars looked like, much less that Resurrection Ship.

But now they've got little models of all of them, apparently.
Old December 14 2005, 06:05 PM   #410
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by morgoth:

My head has just exploded:

Whether it's real is yet to be seen, for one thing what is with all the blue in the pic?
Old December 14 2005, 06:14 PM   #411
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

That has to be photoshopped.

*EDIT*

The culprit has been identified. A poster on the SCIFI boards with a long history of PS images (TheDigitalAlchemist) all but admitted to doing the job.
Old December 14 2005, 06:55 PM   #412
flux_29
Commodore

Posted by morgoth:
Also, hugely detalied shot of the Cylon mothership; it's the "Resurrection Ship"; it looks like a big antenna;

They didn't know what the new Raiders or new Basestars looked like, much less that Resurrection Ship.

What a weird ship, more like a communication relay than a actual ship. btw what is the bottom right pic of?

Old December 14 2005, 07:17 PM   #413
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Now that I know the A/R pic is real I'm quite pleased indeed
And even though I haven't seen the footage yet, a big thank you to whoever's idea it was to put that scene in....no really I went the LJ group and there are more posts there going yay! in the last 10 minutes then I have ever seen.

A huge thank you for throwing the shippers a bone
Old December 15 2005, 12:30 AM   #414
V
Commodore

What a weird ship, more like a communication relay than a actual ship. btw what is the bottom right pic of?

Well yes, I think it fits the description: it's a "Resurrection Ship"; the Cylons use it to boost the signal when their "consciousness" is transfered from one copy to another. It probably enables them to transmit the consciousness of a Cylon all the way between the Cylon Fleet and the Cylon Homeworld. I would presume that without it:

A) All Cylons in the human fleet stand a real chance of permanently dying if destroyed, because they can't transmit back (Personally, I think that the Leoben-copy really did die that one time, because it depends on how close Galactica is to the Resurrection Ship)
B) The Cylon Fleet tracking Galactica (and other Basestars scattered about looking for them) would have their communication cut off with the Cylon Homeworld and their fleets occupying the Twelve Colonies (as seen in "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II). Not that communication would be IMPOSSIBLE, just that they'd have to rely on Raiders to act as couriers, instead of instantaneous communication. This may lead to rifts and rivalries in their local hierarchy.

I have no idea what the thing in the lower right is; could be another instance of the old' "use a freighter as a decoy" ploy, or it could be someone's hand in the shot.
Old December 15 2005, 01:13 AM   #415
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

^ "Weird ship" You mean the Cylon ship right, not A/R ? *Lol*
Posted by insert_name_here:
Now that I know the A/R pic is real I'm quite pleased indeed
And even though I haven't seen the footage yet, a big thank you to whoever's idea it was to put that scene in....no really I went the LJ group and there are more posts there going yay! in the last 10 minutes then I have ever seen.

A huge thank you for throwing the shippers a bone
Since I saw it first here, I should comment here. Just thought I'd pop in here first thing this morning, saw some activity in the spoiler Whore's thread, opened it up scrolled up and my heart nearly stopped. OMG. That whole scene including the other caps over at skiffy looks wonderful. I don't care if its a romantic one or not. I take it as a symbol of affection, caring and support (and a thankyou for just promoting me etc) and I LOVE IT. Totally made my morning. unfortunately the effect is somewhat wearing off as the day wears on but I'm carrying that image around with me for the rest of the day.
At least it confirms that publicity photo on emedian.net.

And SJ .. I'm surprised that the A/R lj didn't explode *lol* I just popped over and I've never seen so many posts on an LJ is so short a period of time. :thumbsup:

======
Old December 16 2005, 10:54 PM   #416
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Because there are so many new spoilers just released even today and they are here, there and everywhere. I'd like to direct you all to the spoiler forum at Galactica Actual.

You need to be registered on the board before you can see the spoilers. But the new ones about "Resurrection ship" are in the thread "Ultra top secret" thread as well as spread over a few of the other threads there.

And for a little hint of what is there......
Roslin wants Cain killed and while one side wants to get rid of Cain the other side plans to get rid Adama.

For more register at

Galactica Actual to view the spoiler forum
Old December 16 2005, 11:20 PM   #417
nevermore
Admiral

^Thanks for the link. Checking it out now. :thumbsup:
Old December 17 2005, 12:21 AM   #418
Kaestra
Fleet Captain

Posted by morgoth:

I just saw it on LJ, then came here to see if everyone knew. I have stared at that pic for longer than I'd care to admit. RDM, I love you. This is the first time my OTP was canon. I love my life.

Lol. I'm all mushy inside. :thumbsup: This makes up for an awful lot of recent crappiness. I don't care what this kiss means. I know what it means to me. R/A FOREVER!!!! VIVE LE R/A!!!! SQUEENESS!!!
Old December 19 2005, 03:25 PM   #419
Mr J
Rear Admiral

Posted by morgoth:

I'm more interested by the fact that a military space-ship keeps using a two-dimensional map to plan strategies. No wonder the Cylons beat them.
Old December 19 2005, 03:56 PM   #420
flux_29
Commodore

Ive just been on galactica actual, and a few pages in (from the end) their talking about racetrack getting draged off.
Whats that all about.