RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 390
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 18 2005, 10:01 PM   #376
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

^^ Wasn't Katie reading lines for the other character though? Seshka or something like that?
Old November 18 2005, 10:13 PM   #377
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

No, that was Shevon, the prostitute character from the other episode that Eick mentioned. Jamie was making the joke when Eick said Katee should do Shevon for the read through. That's when Katee said, "Okay, Jamie's in a vulgar mood today." What Eick was reading was a stage direction for "Sacrifice."

It makes sense considering the tension between Lee and Kara in "Captain's Hand." It's the Apollo/Starbuck shipper group that was transcribing it as the above. They're duly pissed off, but I think it's fascinating. What better way to finally make Kara realize that her impulsive outbursts are trouble than to do this to her? It provides all sorts of terrific angst and trouble. The sides for the episode kept mentioning Kara off in a corner "with a guilty look on her face." No one could figure out why she was guilty. I'd say this explains it.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 18 2005, 10:24 PM   #378
Caprica_Six
Admiral

I'll guess I will wait and see how it plays out then. I just hope there isn't anymore Adama family related angst for Starbuck again. I mean we already had the guilt thing with Zack, if something bad happens to Lee because of her I think the angst-o-meter might explode
Old November 18 2005, 10:26 PM   #379
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Better be ready to sweep up angst-o-meter bits. I'm so evil. I love this.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 19 2005, 12:47 AM   #380
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by insert_name_here:
Posted by Hobs202:
And why does Roslin once again need Zarek's help? Can't she just play the "I am the dying leader" card again?
Have you read the spoilers for the episode "Ephiphanies"? as that might explain why.
Yeah, I read the spoilers. I guess that episode could explain why Roslin's influence drops. But I still find it kind of undramatic that she has to ally with Zarek again.

Also I wonder just how many people have to be "sacrificed" each year?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 19 2005, 05:41 AM   #381
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I kind of wish they made it more hectic because this just seems underdramatic. Having Kara see movement and firing...causing an eruption of gunfire from everyone would have been better. It's like that scene from Enemy of the State where everyone gets killed.
Old November 20 2005, 12:58 AM   #382
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by Trubinator:
I kind of wish they made it more hectic because this just seems underdramatic. Having Kara see movement and firing...causing an eruption of gunfire from everyone would have been better. It's like that scene from Enemy of the State where everyone gets killed.
C'mon, you can't say that until you see how it's shot...
Old November 20 2005, 06:42 AM   #383
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I guess criticizing something that I haven't seen yet is a bit Trekky-ish. I'll wait and see how it plays out then. Just figured I would share my vision of that scene.
Old November 20 2005, 11:30 PM   #384
JG_of_Borg
Captain

Posted by Trubinator:
Yeah, I guess criticizing something that I haven't seen yet is a bit Trekky-ish. I'll wait and see how it plays out then.
Hey, not *all* of us judge before we actually see.
Old November 22 2005, 10:46 PM   #385
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Let the bitching commence. Oy vey on this bit of info.

From this week's TV Guide

"Starbuck Gets a Promotion

Look for a certain cigar-chomping woman to be on top when Battlestar Galactica returns with 10 new episodes beginning January 6....in a female-power move, Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) promotes Lieutenant Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff) to captain and commander of the Air Group. This puts the rebellious pilot in a bind. "I don't think she loves being in charge. You can't screw around and cause trouble," Sackhoff tells TV Guide. It also throws a monkey wrench in her already fractious relationship with fellow pilot and potential soul mate Apollo (Jamie Bamber): She's now his boss. "It's about time he had to listen to her," Sackhoff jokes.....

Old November 22 2005, 10:48 PM   #386
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Well I knew about the promotion, I didn't know she would be CAG though....I wonder what happens to caghole then
Old November 22 2005, 10:52 PM   #387
Stag
Rear Admiral

^Does he transfer over to the Galactica? Who else would replace Apollo as CAG?
Old November 22 2005, 10:55 PM   #388
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

If I were Cain (and a complete *%*#@) and I wanted to shake things up, I wouldn't just move Big G personel to Peggy. I'd also move some Peggy crew to the Big G (where they're all so incompetant ) So I'd probably send Caghole to the Big G as CAG (assuming he's still alive at that point of course ).

======
Old November 22 2005, 11:06 PM   #389
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Do you know what I really want to happen? You know how we are left seeing Apollo with Caghole in the raptor and Caghole is being...well a caghole. I want to see Caghole maybe say something bad about Adama or the prez and then have Apollo just give him a good old smack in the gob

.....and then mysteriously he says goodbye to Apollo Leoban style..

Old November 22 2005, 11:10 PM   #390
witchie
Commodore

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
Let the bitching commence. Oy vey on this bit of info.

From this week's TV Guide

"Starbuck Gets a Promotion

Look for a certain cigar-chomping woman to be on top when Battlestar Galactica returns with 10 new episodes beginning January 6....in a female-power move, Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) promotes Lieutenant Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff) to captain and commander of the Air Group. This puts the rebellious pilot in a bind. "I don't think she loves being in charge. You can't screw around and cause trouble," Sackhoff tells TV Guide. It also throws a monkey wrench in her already fractious relationship with fellow pilot and potential soul mate Apollo (Jamie Bamber): She's now his boss. "It's about time he had to listen to her," Sackhoff jokes.....

Why is she being promoted? Cain just demoted her when she brought Starbuck and Apollo over to Pegasus. OTOH, I hope this stint gives her a glimpse into the pressure Apollo's under every time they leave the ship. Or that could be wishful thinking.