Quinto To Guest Star On HBO Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Wheaton To Voice Firefly Game
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Nimoy Health Scare
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 17 2005, 10:11 PM   #361
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Very much so. I really like the sound of the 2-parter. Enough to give you something to think about without really knowing whats going to happen.

======
Old November 18 2005, 12:19 AM   #362

I cant believe people are believing rumours posted on a message board.

lol Munich... come on people... a "peace offer" and the fleet giving up a quota of people for Cylon experiments. And the fleet pressuring Roslin to accept the terms? HAHAHA @ stupid rumours

Old November 18 2005, 01:12 AM   #363
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

I'll believe anything Illya_Kuryakin posts because I know who Illya is.

Anything else I take with a large grain of salt, especially this far out from when the episodes air.

======
Old November 18 2005, 01:39 AM   #364
Hobs202
Commodore

Re: Spoiler Thread

Posted by Trubinator:
I can see where you're coming from, but forgive me for not accepting two human combat ships dealing a blow to a cylon FLEET of ships. The latter ships are also more powerful.
Point taken.

But who said anything about two ships wiping out the entire fleet? It sounds like they're just after the "Ressurection Ship" whatever that thing does.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 18 2005, 01:43 AM   #365
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I still don't see it working out tactically. Two ships, no matter how well coordinated, wouldn't be able to destroy the resurrection ship unless the cylons wanted it to be taken. It's simple, they have more ships to protect it with.
Old November 18 2005, 01:49 AM   #366
Hobs202
Commodore

I am reposting what was posted over on Gateworld. Seemingly this was originally reported over at Ragnar Anchorage, but no link to the original post was given in the Gateworld Forum. If anyone has the original link would they please post it here.

Seemingly the episode is called "Munich" and "A Leoben-model Cylon turns up in the fleet with an offer of peace. But his offer comes at a terrible price: give up the worship of false gods and accept Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith. Worse yet, the Colonials must sacrifice a quota of people each year for human/cylon breeding experiments. With popular pressure leading towards accepting the offer, Roslin calls a popular referendum and must ally herself with Zarek to defeat the peace offer."

I don't know... This talk of "giving up the worship of false gods and accepting Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith" sounds a lot like what's going on in the current season of Stargate SG1.

And why does Roslin once again need Zarek's help? Can't she just play the "I am the dying leader" card again?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 18 2005, 02:06 AM   #367
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Trubinator:
I still don't see it working out tactically. Two ships, no matter how well coordinated, wouldn't be able to destroy the resurrection ship unless the cylons wanted it to be taken. It's simple, they have more ships to protect it with.
Except that they're not going to attack with only two ships. They're obviously going to attack with their Vipers + Raptors too, which if carefully coordinated strike could take out the Res Ship even if they are outnumbered.

Besides, a good strategy/coordination usually wins over superior numbers. The Confederates were outnumbered 2-to-1 at Chancellorsville. But they still went on the offensive and won due to General Lee's strategy.

--- Dogbert
Old November 18 2005, 02:33 AM   #368
Tyson
Fleet Captain

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

RDM is turning BSG into Trek.
Hardly. Just because you dislike where the show is going doesn't mean it's a) not good and b) suddenly turning into trek. You've had such a negative attitude about this that I'm beginning to question why you're even here.
Old November 18 2005, 05:36 AM   #369
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm here because it's still the best show on tv. I just really dislike where things may be going. I don't want to see BSG go where Stargate SG-1 went. Regarding the tactics: Yes, a good strategy can win over superior numbers. However, two variables must be considered first.

1- How large is the cylon fleet? If it's too large, no strategy will defeat them.

2-What is considered an acceptable loss? So far they've suffered losses when running. They will certainly lose many pilots during an assault. They need to decide whether it's practical to sacrifice pilots to deal a blow to one ship out of an entire civilizations worth of them considering they only have 50K people left.
Old November 18 2005, 06:38 AM   #370
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Trubinator:
1- How large is the cylon fleet? If it's too large, no strategy will defeat them.

They said "two basestars and a dozen support ships." That sounds beatable.

2-What is considered an acceptable loss? So far they've suffered losses when running. They will certainly lose many pilots during an assault. They need to decide whether it's practical to sacrifice pilots to deal a blow to one ship out of an entire civilizations worth of them considering they only have 50K people left.
When they attacked the Cylon Tyllium Station, Tigh said "It's going to cost us." It all depends on the importance of the ship is and how good the pilots are.

They're still going to attack it - and lose a bunch of pilots too.

--- Dogbert
Old November 18 2005, 10:56 AM   #371
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by Hobs202:
And why does Roslin once again need Zarek's help? Can't she just play the "I am the dying leader" card again?
Have you read the spoilers for the episode "Ephiphanies"? as that might explain why.
Old November 18 2005, 11:17 AM   #372
Caprica_Six
Admiral

More info about season 2 from USA today link
Old November 18 2005, 05:06 PM   #373
flux_29
Commodore

Posted by illya_kuryakin:
Posted by insert_name_here:
Interesting if not bizzare spoiler (take this one with a grain of salt):

I am reposting what was posted over on Gateworld. Seemingly this was originally reported over at Ragnar Anchorage, but no link to the original post was given in the Gateworld Forum. If anyone has the original link would they please post it here.

Seemingly the episode is called "Munich" and "A Leoben-model Cylon turns up in the fleet with an offer of peace. But his offer comes at a terrible price: give up the worship of false gods and accept Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith. Worse yet, the Colonials must sacrifice a quota of people each year for human/cylon breeding experiments. With popular pressure leading towards accepting the offer, Roslin calls a popular referendum and must ally herself with Zarek to defeat the peace offer."

This comes from the Secret Cylon, link
Hmm. Some fan got wind of a few elements of finale. Episodes 219 and 220 are actually called Lay Down Your Burdens, Pt.1 and 2
It'll probobly end with Adama and roslin about to give their answer to the offer with a few cylon base stars jumping in at the last second or somthing.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old November 18 2005, 09:43 PM   #374
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Hmmm,

"Come to me all you who are heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my load is light." Mt. 11:28 -30.

Why do I have this feeling that either in the finale or next season we will be meeting the Cylon "God."

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old November 18 2005, 09:51 PM   #375
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Heh.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/bts/videoblog/

There's a funny, spoilerific video blog about Billy's episode, Sacrifice. Paul Campbell is hilarious. I can see how he ended up in a comedy pilot. Oddly enough, another spoiler about Sacrifice is in the blog. Some folks managed to transcribe what David Eick was saying in the run through of lines at the beginning of the video feed, which is a little difficult to understand.....
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
//
/
//
//
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
/
/
/
/
"Lee suddenly jumps towards Chu and grabs for his gun. Kara sees movement
out of the corner of her eye, turns and fires...hitting Lee in the upper
chest."

I guess that explains why he's so tense with her at the beginning of "Captain's Hand." Explains the "guilty look on Kara's face" that was in the sides for the episode, too. Kara shoots him. I love it. I really love it. I was bitching that she needed to be taken to task for a major screw up. I guess this will suffice. Between that and poor Billy dying, this episode will rock. It seems Kara will be having a bad time, too, this half season.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.