Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 16 2005, 04:33 AM   #346
Hobs202
Commodore

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

My question is: What the hell IS the Ressurrection Ship (if it is indeed refering to the Cylon ship)

If Kara got Adama and Cain's attention with only exterior photos, than it can' t be the place where Cylon humanoids get ressurected (unless she got inside the ship too). And it can't be the one the Ancient Kobol ships since Roslin would be moaning about the destruction of a "sacred object." Maybe it's a ship that supplies/creates the organic components for all other cylon ships.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 16 2005, 01:57 PM   #347
flux_29
Commodore

is it Admiral Nelena Cain or Admiral Helena Cain?

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old November 16 2005, 03:21 PM   #348
V
Commodore

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Battlestar Galactica – “Resurrection Ship, Part 1”

Logline: A military power struggle threatens to escalate into all-out war as the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus attempt to join forces to destroy a critical Cylon target: a “Resurrection” ship.

Synopsis: Lt. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) prevents a potentially deadly face-off between the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus when she arrives at the last minute bearing stunning recon photos of the Cylon “Resurrection” ship. Unable to resist this tempting target, Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) establish an uneasy truce as they agree to prioritize the destruction of the “Resurrection” ship, tabling their conflicts, for now. But Adama remains distrustful, as he learns that Cain's survive-at-all-costs attitude saw Pegasus abandon its civilian fleet months ago. Disturbed by this news, President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) believes that as soon as the Resurrection ship is destroyed, Cain will jettison Galactica's civilian fleet. As the power struggle continues with Cain, Adama must make an impossible decision, on the eve of a battle that could change the face of the Cylon war.
From "Now Playing" link above.

Well I think that settles it.

I thought the "is must be a colonial ship" stuff was silliness, and the Resurrection Ship thing does make sense although I didn't like it (I have NO IDEA why I have that reaction, so I guess I'll turn around on that one).

Also, as was strongly hinted from the conversation between Laird and Tyrol and Cally, looks like Cain canabilized whatever civilian ships it came across for spare parts and drafted the crews.

I'm actually happy they extended this thing to two parts; it means more Admiral Cain and she's the woman you love to hate.

**The pre-release promotions called her "Nelena Cain" but this is never mentioned in dialogue and her full name is not given in the on screen credits. However, the scifi.com official site's page for that ship calles her "Helena Cain" and we've taken that as the new official one.
Old November 16 2005, 08:36 PM   #349
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I really hope they blow up the Pegasus with all hands aboard. BSG needs to be a show about hopelessness, not hope. I REALLY loathe this crap about winning a battle against the cylons. RDM is turning BSG into Trek.
Old November 16 2005, 09:52 PM   #350
V
Commodore

Well, Pegasus is going to survive AT LEAST until the end of season 2. Galactica is going to take it over.
Old November 17 2005, 01:39 AM   #351
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'll be annoyed if they keep it for more than five or six episodes. It's already undermining the show's premise, so keeping it until the finale screams of cheaply making people happy about there being survivors.
Old November 17 2005, 02:59 AM   #352
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Trubinator:
I really hope they blow up the Pegasus with all hands aboard. BSG needs to be a show about hopelessness, not hope. I REALLY loathe this crap about winning a battle against the cylons. RDM is turning BSG into Trek.
What's so bad about giving the Cylons a bloody nose once in a while? They did in "The Hand of God" and "Flight of the Phoenix." How is having the good guys win a sign that "RDM is turning BSG into Trek????"
A lot of other scifi/fantasy shows also have the good guys/main character win the end.

Yeah, the good guys shouldn't ALWAYS win, but they shouldn't always LOSE otherwise it gets boring. They should be able to win and lose. Otherwise the characters just look like a bunch of loooooosers.

Anyway, what do you want? The entire fleet to get wiped out?

And BSG is a show about keeping hope ALIVE undering hard circumstances. It's not about killing hope. And also BSG isn't just a drama show, it's a Science Fiction show just like Trek. There are bound to be SOME subtle similiarities to Trek.

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 17 2005, 04:22 PM   #353
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Guys please please please don't change the thread title. While we all may love spoilers, there are others who don't. Let's not ruin their fun :thumbsup:
Old November 17 2005, 05:57 PM   #354
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I can see where you're coming from, but forgive me for not accepting two human combat ships dealing a blow to a cylon FLEET of ships. The latter ships are also more powerful.
Old November 17 2005, 06:24 PM   #355
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Interesting if not bizzare spoiler (take this one with a grain of salt):

I am reposting what was posted over on Gateworld. Seemingly this was originally reported over at Ragnar Anchorage, but no link to the original post was given in the Gateworld Forum. If anyone has the original link would they please post it here.

Seemingly the episode is called "Munich" and "A Leoben-model Cylon turns up in the fleet with an offer of peace. But his offer comes at a terrible price: give up the worship of false gods and accept Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith. Worse yet, the Colonials must sacrifice a quota of people each year for human/cylon breeding experiments. With popular pressure leading towards accepting the offer, Roslin calls a popular referendum and must ally herself with Zarek to defeat the peace offer."

This comes from the Secret Cylon, link
Old November 17 2005, 07:32 PM   #356
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by insert_name_here:
Interesting if not bizzare spoiler (take this one with a grain of salt):

I am reposting what was posted over on Gateworld. Seemingly this was originally reported over at Ragnar Anchorage, but no link to the original post was given in the Gateworld Forum. If anyone has the original link would they please post it here.

Seemingly the episode is called "Munich" and "A Leoben-model Cylon turns up in the fleet with an offer of peace. But his offer comes at a terrible price: give up the worship of false gods and accept Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith. Worse yet, the Colonials must sacrifice a quota of people each year for human/cylon breeding experiments. With popular pressure leading towards accepting the offer, Roslin calls a popular referendum and must ally herself with Zarek to defeat the peace offer."

This comes from the Secret Cylon, link
Hmm. Some fan got wind of a few elements of finale. Episodes 219 and 220 are actually called “Lay Down Your Burdens, Pt.1 and 2”
Old November 17 2005, 08:48 PM   #357
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Ooooh anything more you can add to the information?
Old November 17 2005, 09:35 PM   #358
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Only that, like all spoilers, take everything you hear with a grain - make that a cup - of salt. Ron has a habit of re-writing scripts until the last moment. Even what I know will likely change before these episodes air so there's not much point adding to the disinformation. I expect at least one element will remain unchanged: the Cylons want to talk. why and how events play out will blow you away.
Old November 17 2005, 10:03 PM   #359
frankncc72405a
Captain

Posted by illya_kuryakin:
Only that, like all spoilers, take everything you hear with a grain - make that a cup - of salt. Ron has a habit of re-writing scripts until the last moment. Even what I know will likely change before these episodes air so there's not much point adding to the disinformation. I expect at least one element will remain unchanged: the Cylons want to talk. why and how events play out will blow you away.

can't wait...this sounds great!

"You're not my type" - Gina, BSG:Resurrection Ship pt2

How Ridiculous!!!(tm)

"Wake up and smell the psychosis."
Old November 17 2005, 10:06 PM   #360
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by frankncc72405a:
Posted by illya_kuryakin:

can't wait...this sounds great!
Indeed These spoilers are addictive