Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 15 2005, 01:38 PM   #331
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

Whoa!!!!

That looks fascinating. I think I am really going to like this depression storyline. Finally Bamber gets something substantial to do that will show off what he's capable of. Why didn't TPTB allow him to speak with his own accent? It's gorgeous. Children have different accents than their parents all the time; it would have further demonstrated the divide between him and Bill. Jamie's father is American. They obviously sound different. He's got just a faint touch of Irish brogue, like his mother's voice. I wonder what Dee's doing hiding around that corner listening in to him?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 15 2005, 05:57 PM   #332
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm not sure I approve of how the network is turning Bamber into beefcake for the female demographics. However, the coming character development for Bamber seems promising. I thought Skiffy was pretty low initially for trying to make him likeable, but it seems they've redeemed themselves.
Old November 15 2005, 06:12 PM   #333
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I watched the shot again and it certainly wasn't after the shooting. He's not bloodied up at all and he'd be spattering and splattering if he were shot as badly as the script indicates. I'd say that's a flashback unless he took a Trek hit to the chest.
Old November 15 2005, 06:22 PM   #334
nevermore
Admiral

Posted by Trubinator:
All the shippery business seems overdone at this point. I wish they would just let stuff develop gradually. Loving the suicidal Lee though...great stuff!
i agree on both points. The Dee/Lee thing feels flat to me, and the Lee/Kara thing feels rushed and arbitrary. For once in my life I think I really get where the no-romos have been coming from all this time.

The angst should be a good thing to balance out the arbitrary relationship crap though! :thumbsup:
Old November 15 2005, 09:48 PM   #335
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Perhaps we have two separate life threatening incidents. I know Lee gets shot in "Sacrifice" and it's pretty serious because papa bear gets all worried about him (love the parallel with Adama being shot) but maybe the shot from where he's being electroshocked in the chest comes from after he and the peggy caghole get lost in space in the raptor? I thought I'd read something like that happens. Maybe he's nearly frozen and his heart has stopped or something?

I love that shot of him saying he didn't want to make it back alive. He looks suicidal. Hey Trub, if you have a classically handsome beefcake in the cast who can actually act, why not take advantage of all his strengths?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 15 2005, 10:56 PM   #336
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

My guess is he gets marooned during Resurrection Ship during the battle with the title ship. Everyone else dies but he ejects and his oxygen runs out. He suffocates and is picked up by a raptor (note he IS in one when being revived.)
Old November 16 2005, 12:47 AM   #337
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by Starwind:
I believe the shooting schedule officially wraps first week of December.
219 and 220 shooting this week

*cough* Dean Stockwell :thumbsup:
Old November 16 2005, 01:06 AM   #338
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Wha-at? Al is the cylon God or something?

Old November 16 2005, 02:12 AM   #339
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Cooooool. Dr Yueh! Nice.

Some info was released on Resurrection Ship Part 1 over at Now Playing.

======
Battlestar Galactica – “Resurrection Ship, Part 1”

Logline: A military power struggle threatens to escalate into all-out war as the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus attempt to join forces to destroy a critical Cylon target: a “Resurrection” ship.

Synopsis: Lt. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) prevents a potentially deadly face-off between the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus when she arrives at the last minute bearing stunning recon photos of the Cylon “Resurrection” ship. Unable to resist this tempting target, Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) establish an uneasy truce as they agree to prioritize the destruction of the “Resurrection” ship, tabling their conflicts, for now. But Adama remains distrustful, as he learns that Cain's survive-at-all-costs attitude saw Pegasus abandon its civilian fleet months ago. Disturbed by this news, President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) believes that as soon as the Resurrection ship is destroyed, Cain will jettison Galactica's civilian fleet. As the power struggle continues with Cain, Adama must make an impossible decision, on the eve of a battle that could change the face of the Cylon war.
====

======
Old November 16 2005, 02:15 AM   #340
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

That's entirely too much information for a yet unaired episode synopsis. This smells like bullshit to me.
Old November 16 2005, 02:19 AM   #341
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Funny. Doesn't smell like that at all to me.

======
Old November 16 2005, 02:41 AM   #342
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Cain never mentioned a civilian fleet and scripts have indicated that Galactica and Pegasus will fight it out.
Old November 16 2005, 02:59 AM   #343
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

I'm sure there's quite a lot that we've not heard Cain mention. You expect Cain will mention she left civvies behind?

Where do you think the ship Laird came from has gone?

As far as I am concerned it sounds completely plausible considering everything we know about the rest of Season 2 (which is an aweful lot more than that). Really there's not that much in that synopsis.
We also know that Pegasus is around for the rest of Season 2. I would assume Starbuck gets back after the initial conflict between the vipers. Something has to put a stop to the conflict pretty quickly.

======
Old November 16 2005, 03:19 AM   #344
FluffyUnbound
Rear Admiral

It also makes it appear that Cain lives out the episode. Doesn't that contradict other known spoilers?

Unless this is how they made this one into a 2-parter.

Zombies and Ancient Rome...two great tastes that taste great together.
Old November 16 2005, 03:45 AM   #345
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by FluffyUnbound:
It also makes it appear that Cain lives out the episode. Doesn't that contradict other known spoilers?

Unless this is how they made this one into a 2-parter.
How's that? We are lead to believe by other sources that she dies in Resurrection Ship. This episode has now been edited to be a 2-parter and the synopsis refers only to Part 1.

I don't think they are going to say in a synopsis for an episode that someone is going to die.

======