The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 10 2005, 02:49 AM   #316
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by T'Pol_82:
Posted by illya_kuryakin:
Posted by insert_name_here:
Need more spoilers? I found some, well they are sort of spoilers

Someone went to Vancouver
Since an AD has spilled the fact that 217 will be episode 18 of the season, I can provide a little background. There WAS a script for 218 but it was rejected by RM at the last minute. An idea that didn't work, apparently. I believe this may have been the screw-up he was alluding to on his blog. To fill out the schedule, 211 is now a two-parter.
So what, they just went back and filmed for for 211 to make it into 211 and 212?

Not sure how much I'm liking them stretching episodes into two or more eps like they did for the first part. To me it was too obvious and badly done.
I don't believe any new scenes were shot. They had enough footage to work with. It's not unusual to have a few extra scenes, or different versions that run a little slower. It's also possible that they were able to use a scene or two that was meant for 210.
Old November 11 2005, 09:52 PM   #317
Hobs202
Commodore

Didn't they say they were also going to a story about Starbuck and Kat trying to hunt down a single Cylon Raider that "keeps coming back to kill the pilots." Is there any other info on that ep. yet?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 11 2005, 10:45 PM   #318
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

That's the one about "Scar." Look back on the previous pages in this thread for references to it.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old November 13 2005, 09:02 PM   #319
V
Commodore

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

BIG NEWS

KoenigRules over at Galacticastation.com said:

" As I surmised and confirmed by my BSG source, the Cylon point-of-view episode (which was supposed to be 218) has been trashed.
There will still be 10 more episodes to Season 2.
RDM was pretty dissatisfied with how the Cylon POV episode was turning out.
So rather than producing an inferior quality show, he got rid of it.
Hopefully, we will see this episode in Season 3.
And still to date, no official word from SciFi as to the GO for Season 3.
As I indicated before, February is the more likely period for that official announcement."

So it's been pushed back to at least season 3.
Old November 13 2005, 10:12 PM   #320
David85
Rear Admiral

Honestly I think that's BS.

I listened to RM interview from a couble weeks back. He seemed fine with the episode. Plus if it is anything like Stargate than the filiming has already been ended and season 2 is all set ond done.

And I always thought saving thousands of lives was the ultimate homeland security.

Support equality... www.massequality.org
Old November 13 2005, 10:26 PM   #321
Starwind
Fleet Captain

I believe the shooting schedule officially wraps first week of December.
Old November 14 2005, 12:05 AM   #322
DarthMarley
Lieutenant Commander

The Teamster's schedule shows the shooting was indeed to last until Dec 7-8.

With one episode scrapped, this might wrap up a little early.

Multiple sources have said that an ep got scrapped at the last minute, so maybe it was the one RDM mentioned on the Fandom.com interview.
Old November 14 2005, 04:49 AM   #323
V
Commodore

Then again no; he did say in the Fandom.com interview that ther WOULD be a Cylon POV episode, so if that plan changed it was after the interview...
Old November 14 2005, 04:59 AM   #324
DarthMarley
Lieutenant Commander

That is the case, it would be scapped literally at the last minute. And after the interview.
Old November 14 2005, 05:15 AM   #325
David85
Rear Admiral

I don't like the idea of them throwing an episode together from extra parts through.

210 seemed a little rushed to me. Now the next part will go too slow.

And I always thought saving thousands of lives was the ultimate homeland security.

Support equality... www.massequality.org
Old November 14 2005, 12:47 PM   #326
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

I don't think they'd do it they thought it wouldn't work.
If it came to it, I'm sure they'd have the time to go back and film some extra scenes (they should have some spare time ).

I'm looking forward to it. (Not that my decision is in any way influenced by a certain picture recently released on the net )

======
Old November 14 2005, 09:32 PM   #327
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by Iarfirithwen:
I don't think they'd do it they thought it wouldn't work.
If it came to it, I'm sure they'd have the time to go back and film some extra scenes (they should have some spare time ).

I'm looking forward to it. (Not that my decision is in any way influenced by a certain picture recently released on the net )
I wrote earleir that no new scenes were shot. I was wrong. I've now been informed that several new scenes are being shot for 211 and that some elements from the scrapped 218 script have been incorporated. I don't know exactly what that means but may have something to do with cylon POV.
Old November 15 2005, 05:13 AM   #328
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Crap! Apparently there was a sneak preview of the second half of season two on sci-fi channel tonight and I missed it. Jamie Bamber talking with his real accent and everything.

Oh well, according to the thread at sci-fi's boards

sci fi thread

...this is what was in it.
"The little 30 second preview starts off with the ever so lovely Jamie speaking in his ever so lovely English accent talking about how Lee is going to go to a very dark place. Several short scenes then flash by.

A viper flying

Lee just sort of floating in a body of water in a pair of swim trunks (not quite a towel, but yay!)

Lee lying on a table while a doctor(s) are trying to restart his heart using paddles.

A scene with Lee lying on his bunk (?) saying "I didn't want to come back."

Kara hugging Lee...with Dee there in the bunkroom with them, as pointed out by other avid shippers further down in the thread who also saw the preview

Sounds intriguing, no? I didn't want to come back? Are they reviving him after he gets shot in "Sacrifice"? Lee's got some serious depression and guilt going on in his life. I think I like it.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 15 2005, 09:24 AM   #329
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

All the shippery business seems overdone at this point. I wish they would just let stuff develop gradually. Loving the suicidal Lee though...great stuff!
Old November 15 2005, 12:51 PM   #330
V
Commodore

It's on his website now