Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 4 2005, 04:58 AM   #301
Kitty Worrier
Rear Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
They're hinting at scifi.com that "Downloaded" deals with the downloading of the consciousness/soul of Galactica Boomer into a new cylon body. It makes sense when you think about it.
I hope that's the case.
Old November 4 2005, 05:16 AM   #302
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by T'Pol_82:
Posted by Dorian Thompson:
They're hinting at scifi.com that "Downloaded" deals with the downloading of the consciousness/soul of Galactica Boomer into a new cylon body. It makes sense when you think about it.
I hope that's the case.
Hmmm...interesting. They were shooting this week close to medical buildings adjacent to Vancouver General Hospital. I assumed it was a Caprica scene but maybe it's a medical facility on a cylon ship? Sorta fits with the "Downloaded" theory.
Old November 5 2005, 07:37 AM   #303
Hobs202
Commodore

Maybe what happens in the finale is that the Galactica gets taken over by a bunch of peace loving hippies armed with flowers. They then force the fleet to try and make "peace" with the Cylons. The season ends with some people shoving flowers down the barrels of the Centurions' guns, the Centurions stare at them, and then open fire... :

Or not...

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old November 6 2005, 01:00 AM   #304
UlricK
Lieutenant

RDM in his latest interview, by Fandom, has stated that Downloaded is indeed the episode where G-Boomer wakes up in a new body inside a cylon facility.
Old November 6 2005, 02:21 AM   #305
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Well, that gets Cally off the hook. Poor Boomer. Sharon is Sharon, but Boomer was Boomer. She lived the life. The poor girl is going to wake up on a ship with the enemy. Psychologically, Boomer is human. I consider her a victim. She didn't attack the colonies. She didn't do anything wrong consciously. It was like a post hypnotic suggestion. She tried to fight it. She tried to kill herself to prevent it.

The cylons suck.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 8 2005, 11:37 AM   #306
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Need more spoilers? I found some, well they are sort of spoilers

Someone went to Vancouver
Old November 8 2005, 06:01 PM   #307
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

This sort of ruins the fun for me. I liked the fact they were ballsy and killed off Sharon. Now they have to bring her back in contrived fashion so as not to upset the Grace Park fanboys/fangirls. Why couldn't they have just kept CBoomer alive and left GBoomer dead?
Old November 8 2005, 06:03 PM   #308
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by Trubinator:
This sort of ruins the fun for me. I liked the fact they were ballsy and killed off Sharon. Now they have to bring her back in contrived fashion so as not to upset the Grace Park fanboys/fangirls. Why couldn't they have just kept CBoomer alive and left GBoomer dead?
Because they are cylons, they always come back, their deaths mean very little in the grand scheme of things if they can keep coming back. Besides it's got something to do with the cylon point of view episode, we don't know much about it yet.
Old November 8 2005, 06:07 PM   #309
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by insert_name_here:

Since an AD has spilled the fact that 217 will be episode 18 of the season, I can provide a little background. There WAS a script for 218 but it was rejected by RM at the last minute. An idea that didn't work, apparently. I believe this may have been the screw-up he was alluding to on his blog. To fill out the schedule, 211 is now a two-parter.
Old November 8 2005, 06:18 PM   #310
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

True. It can be justified, but it still ruins the emotional grittiness of the show. They had a perfect moment in Resistance that is now silly because they're bringing her back. Can you say 'Treck'?
Old November 8 2005, 06:19 PM   #311
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by illya_kuryakin:

Since an AD has spilled the fact that 217 will be episode 18 of the season, I can provide a little background. There WAS a script for 218 but it was rejected by RM at the last minute. An idea that didn't work, apparently. I believe this may have been the screw-up he was alluding to on his blog. To fill out the schedule, 211 is now a two-parter.
I hope you are right about that episode being the screw up, that way we don't have to worry about the episodes he has already done
Old November 8 2005, 06:33 PM   #312
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Posted by Trubinator:
True. It can be justified, but it still ruins the emotional grittiness of the show. They had a perfect moment in Resistance that is now silly because they're bringing her back. Can you say 'Treck'?
Yeah but the same could be said for Adama being shot and walking around by "Resistance". Something I have noticed with this show is that they seem to balance the shock moments with the dramatic consequences. For example:

* Adama gets shot (shock/dramatic moment) then in "Resistance" he is back but he is back to deal with the dramtic consequences of the fleet spliting.

* Roslin gets told she has cancer (shock/dramtic events occur because of that through season 1 and 2) then according to spoilers there is a cure/treatment to this in "Ephiphanies" but it has to do with cylon dna. The dramtic consequences of that action could be any of the following:
- Roslin see's the cylons differently.
- Roslin questions her whole purpose now that she isn't dying.
- The fleet don't trust her because of the cylon dna and she loses the next election.

etc etc etc....there are many dramatic consequences of that treatment/cure alone.

* Galactica Boomer dramatic death in "Resistance", and according to spoilers she is downloaded into another model. Rumour has it that this is the cylon point of view episode. So speculating from that, if it is a cylon point of view episode how do we know that G-Boomer will even meet anyone from Galactica. She may be back on Caprica, at the farms.

...there are many ways these storylines can go but I do think the shock moments are just that- shock moments. The real drama is in the expansion of the storyline based on these shock moments and not the moments themselves.
It's definetly not trek as trek rarely ever follows up on the dramatic consequences of what happens to the characters. Janeway gets assimilated in "Unimatrix zero" then she's kicking arse on a Borg cube the next episode
Old November 9 2005, 12:34 AM   #313
FluffyUnbound
Rear Admiral

Posted by Trubinator:
Unfortunately since they established early on that the Cylon consciousness transfers to another body at death [although they introduced an element of doubt about transmission distances in "Flesh and Bone"] they had kind of painted themselves into a corner.

They could have just never brought that particular version of Boomer back into contact with the Fleet. That would be perfectly fine, since there are probably billions of Cylons who will never get anywhere near the Fleet.

Although there are rumors that Boomer's return is in the "Cylon Perspective" episode, so who knows? She may not interact with the Fleet at all. Having her wake up in a new body on the Cylon homeworld - and having her freak out because she still retains some of her "Sharon" personality - could actually be a pretty neat episode.

Zombies and Ancient Rome...two great tastes that taste great together.
Old November 9 2005, 01:11 AM   #314
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

This is all perfectly understandable, and I do believe the storyline written for "Downloaded" is a good one. I'm just saying that I would prefer that characters remain dead in this series. Aside from that, I sort of wish they would lay off all the insights into the cylon civilization. Revealing more about them removes debate and mystery. You fear what you don't see and understand...

Anyway, I suppose it's just in my nature to critique things and be grumpy about stuff. If this gets tiresome, I apologize. I just like to ensure that my favorite program remains so.
Old November 10 2005, 02:20 AM   #315
Kitty Worrier
Rear Admiral

Posted by illya_kuryakin:

So what, they just went back and filmed for for 211 to make it into 211 and 212?

Not sure how much I'm liking them stretching episodes into two or more eps like they did for the first part. To me it was too obvious and badly done.