William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Eve Faces Backlash For Jenner Comments

Frakes: Forget About Trek On TV

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old October 7 2005, 10:10 PM   #196
Lucky Red
Fleet Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Starwind:
Posted by flux_29:
So I wonder How will Pegasus go out of the show?
- Leaves to find other survivors
- Gets destroyed
- Cylon Sabatarge
- unknown exit.
Nobody is going to want to command the damn thing. What, 3 commanders in how much time? It's cursed, I tell you!
Yes, it will start killing of it's crew and jump back to the evil dimension it came from
Old October 7 2005, 10:11 PM   #197
KennyB
Commodore

View KennyB's Twitter Profile

Posted by Starwind:
Posted by flux_29:
So I wonder How will Pegasus go out of the show?
- Leaves to find other survivors
- Gets destroyed
- Cylon Sabatarge
- unknown exit.
Nobody is going to want to command the damn thing. What, 3 commanders in how much time? It's cursed, I tell you!
I just watched "You Can't Go Home Again" with commentary from the Season 1 set---at the very end RDM and DE are talking about how they liked Starbuck and Adama's interacting with each other when one of them states "Well he does make her CO of 'you know what' leading to some good peer like interaction" Am I right in assuming that STARBUCK winds up commanding Pegasus? Perhaps that is why she tells Lee "I hope you did not expect a salute."

Old October 7 2005, 10:29 PM   #198
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

No, Starbuck isn't going to command the Pegasus. Thank God. Just a joke and a moment of temporary insanity. That would stretch credulity to its breaking point, don't you think?

No, as it turns out Kara is mad at Lee about something of a far more personal nature. Read the spoilers in the Bamber interview and connect the dots. :thumbsup: Apparently Apollo has trouble keeping on certain parts of his apparel as well. She may want to smack him back for that, and his earlier remark.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old October 7 2005, 11:03 PM   #199
GAMMA_RAY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by KennyB:
I just watched "You Can't Go Home Again" with commentary from the Season 1 set---at the very end RDM and DE are talking about how they liked Starbuck and Adama's interacting with each other when one of them states "Well he does make her CO of 'you know what' leading to some good peer like interaction"
Maybe they meant "C.O. of Pegasus Air Group", i.e, CAG?
That would make more sense...making her the commander of the battlestar itself seems a little far stretching...
Old October 7 2005, 11:18 PM   #200
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Kara being promoted to CAG of the other ship makes far more sense.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old October 7 2005, 11:23 PM   #201
Wash
Lieutenant

Does anyone know if there are plans on bringing in any of the old cast next season?

I know Dirk Benedict was planned but then got some attitude. Any chance that he can still make an appearance.

I still think he would have been a great Cain.
Old October 7 2005, 11:41 PM   #202
KennyB
Commodore

View KennyB's Twitter Profile

It seemed a bit far fetched to me as well ---- but the did say "peer" like interaction.......Being a peer to Adama would mean on his level, no? I could be wrong but it sure sounded like CO of the Pegesas.......on disk 3 if you have it--give it a listen and tell me what you think. I was shocked that dropped such huge nugget.

Old October 7 2005, 11:47 PM   #203
Starwind
Fleet Captain

Doesn't being CAG make her third in command? I seem to remember someting along those lines with Lee.
Old October 8 2005, 02:12 PM   #204
flux_29
Commodore

*** Major Spoilers *** - a Battlestar Q&A with Ron Moore
Ron interview

We’re going to be doing big episodes with the other battlestar, Pegasus. We’ve got a big fighter plane combat episode that’s all about Kara and one of our other pilots named Kat and their competition with each other and sort of with themselves as regards to one Cylon raider out there that keeps coming back and killing pilots again and again.

We’re gonna try to do a couple of really controversial episodes. We’re gonna deal with some sort of hot-button issues of today that will be translated into Galactica’s world. Like abortion is definitely going to become an issue on the show.

We’re going to do a Cylon-oriented episode later in the season that’s sort of a story that’s told primarily from the cylon’s point of view for the first time. Sort of get inside their heads, see what they’re about when they’re not out chasing Galactica. And then we’ve got, of course, a big two-part finale where a lot of things are gonna change, and the show’s gonna sort of make a fairly significant, radical change of direction.

(about the 'Pegausus rape scene') So, a lot of the reaction on the internet is just sort of what people do on the internet. They become very dramatic. It becomes a whole thing for people to get on a soapbox and start yelling at the stars. But that’s OK. That’s what people like to do!
Hey, isen't that refering to us and those 'cylon rights treads'???

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old October 8 2005, 03:02 PM   #205
Lucky Red
Fleet Captain

Posted by Dorian Thompson:
That makes about as much sence as Kara leading marines to end a hostage situation. No sence at all. Kara is not a leader.
Old October 8 2005, 03:32 PM   #206

Ep.16 kicks ass, too. Pegasus features prominently. Relationships, viper battles, religious controversy. It's love and war, baby.
illya_kuryakin

Wait, where did you get all this info about ep.16 ? Do you have access to scripts ? I think we might need to become best friends ...

Old October 8 2005, 04:49 PM   #207
GAMMA_RAY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted by Lucky Red:
That makes about as much sence as Kara leading marines to end a hostage situation. No sence at all. Kara is not a leader.
But she’s been filling in for Lee when he isn’t around (Water) and she also lead Galactica fighters to the battle in the miniseries. So she has some experience of being a lead.
Old October 8 2005, 09:33 PM   #208
Lucky Red
Fleet Captain

Posted by GAMMA_RAY:
Posted by Lucky Red:
But she’s been filling in for Lee when he isn’t around (Water) and she also lead Galactica fighters to the battle in the miniseries. So she has some experience of being a lead.
Some eperience sure. But, that is not enough. Appolo is not perfect either but, I think Kara lacks the control he has. I won't start complaining if Kara becomes CAG. I will however, start when she is put in charge of charging marines again ...
Old October 9 2005, 05:22 PM   #209
flux_29
Commodore

I found this on "SCAR":

Episode 14: Scar; Unknown
Scar is a Cylon and the episode is supposedly told from his point-of-view and is apparently action-heavy..

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old October 9 2005, 08:25 PM   #210
Lucky Red
Fleet Captain

There ya go. A Cylon so badass, they call him Scar. Sounds like a good hour of really distastefull cylon violence. I like it