Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 30 2005, 10:40 PM   #166
illya_kuryakin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Trubinator:
What are you talking about?
Iarfirithwen has doubts about my spoiler about episode 214. I can't post proof, but I'll email it. I guess you don't need to post one since it's with your info.
Old September 30 2005, 11:33 PM   #167
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Yeh Trubinator I have some reservations about returning to caprica again. But the rest sounds interesting.

======
Old October 1 2005, 04:46 AM   #168
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Posted by illya_kuryakin:
Hmmm...Iarfirithwen has disappeared. Oh well. Anyone else wanna post an email address (since I won't post mine)? I'll make it worth your while. First one only though, ok?

funsize@hotmail.com
Old October 1 2005, 08:04 AM   #169
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Soon. Also, good background on Roslin.

btw, episode 214 isn't "Sacrifice." "Sacrifice" is 215.

214 is "Scar"

Okay, I'm willing to call this, this info is legit.

======
Old October 1 2005, 08:04 AM   #170
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

[Deleting Double post]

======
Old October 1 2005, 09:32 PM   #171
flux_29
Commodore

Posted by Iarfirithwen:
Soon. Also, good background on Roslin.

btw, episode 214 isn't "Sacrifice." "Sacrifice" is 215.

214 is "Scar"

Okay, I'm willing to call this, this info is legit.

Info please.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old October 2 2005, 02:20 AM   #172
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Illya-Not sure if you already emailed me but I regularly clear out my account of spam and anything that does not come from contacts. I think I cleared your email. If it is not too much hassle, could you please, please re-send it but tag it with a "BSG Info" header?

Very much appreciated in advance.
Old October 2 2005, 06:38 AM   #173
Iarfirithwen
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by flux_29:
Info please.
I gave Illya my word ~ and my word is platinum And really I don't know anything anyway, other than being able to confirm what he/she said as per above. Boring of me I know.

I've been thinking of the idea of the "potential" Cylon POV ep and just wondering, would this mean we'd get to see a bit more of the interior of a basestar? Or would they do it from the POV of cylons in the fleet (such as D'anna)
or Caprica (I'd consider that the least likely). I remember on RDM's podcast for I think it was KLG, that he considered the idea of a white interior and I think it was Michael Rymer who wanted the fleshy stuff. While I like the fleshiness and it blends well with the raiders, part of me still likes the almost dimensionless quality to the old bright white room. So I'd actually like to see that still. I can't exactly imagine the chrome cylons (new and old) walking around on the mushy "living" interior. I always like a stark bright white room Ideas anyone?

======
Old October 2 2005, 05:19 PM   #174
flux_29
Commodore

Posted by Iarfirithwen:

I've been thinking of the idea of the "potential" Cylon POV ep and just wondering, would this mean we'd get to see a bit more of the interior of a basestar? Or would they do it from the POV of cylons in the fleet (such as D'anna)
or Caprica (I'd consider that the least likely). I remember on RDM's podcast for I think it was KLG, that he considered the idea of a white interior and I think it was Michael Rymer who wanted the fleshy stuff. While I like the fleshiness and it blends well with the raiders, part of me still likes the almost dimensionless quality to the old bright white room. So I'd actually like to see that still. I can't exactly imagine the chrome cylons (new and old) walking around on the mushy "living" interior. I always like a stark bright white room Ideas anyone?
i think the cylons on a basestar and Caprica Picon...
would be a good to see.

Old October 2 2005, 07:55 PM   #175
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Posted by Iarfirithwen:
Posted by flux_29:
Info please.
I gave Illya my word ~ and my word is platinum And really I don't know anything anyway, other than being able to confirm what he/she said as per above. Boring of me I know.

There a several ways one could do this.

1. A lone Cylon in the fleet whom we, the viewers do not actually see. I'd play this one as "lower decks" (TNG) type episode, but nobody knows s/he's a Cylon, and we get to see the entire episode literally through his/her eyes...then at the end, we pull back from the screen and see that it has been watched by the Cylons back on Caprica, leaving us wondering who the Cylon is that we've been following all this time.

2. Set it in a Cylon base or basestar. There really isn't any reason there can't be both organic and mechanical components within a Cylon basestar. The outer hulls of the raiders are metal. Their innards are organic. The Cylons are, themselves, mechanical with the human types being organic. It makes sense that the Cylons have themselves grafted organic components into their own technology at some point anyway. Why shouldn't they have metallic surfaces with parts of their basestars? I think one has to propose a false antithesis to say that the interiors must be either organic or a white room or a more conventional interior for that matter.

It does make for an interesting contrast, however, in that humans surround themselves with mechanical devices and call this "technology," While the Cylons surround themselves with organics and call this "technology." It emphasizes the fact that Cylons perceive the humans as non-living pieces of technology that they can kill, while humans have the same perception of the Cylons. Since Cylons perceive "technology" as "organic" and the humans perceive it is "mechanical," yet both seem to view "technology" as "nonliving," or in the case of the raiders "expendable," (e.g. as human perceive animals, so Cylons perceive raiders), the real question remains then, "Are the human type Cylons alive in either the Cylon or the human sense?" If was to write a story from the Cylon perspective, it would be in attempt to answer that question.

I don't know exactly what content I would put in the story, but it would largely revolve around exploring the answer from both the human and the Cylon perspective, perhaps in two parallel instances...I could see exploring it from Boomer's perspective or Six's perspective within the Fleet with a parallel Six or Boomer dealing with the mechanical Cylons on Caprica or a basestar in a different situation, perhaps showing that Cylon society, since the advent of the human type Cylons is not this monolithic mechanical construct, but one in which the mechanicals and the humans aren't always in agreement. We've not heard the mechanical Cylons speak so far, but, if the old ones are still around (they still have their uses), they may speak, so perhaps this episode would also include one or two of them acting in some sort of authority-wisdom capacity, with them acting as the voices of the mechanical Cylon part of their society as Six, Boomer, or whoever deals with the mechanicals, providing advice, leadership, or instruction to both mechanicals and human Cylons.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old October 3 2005, 02:08 PM   #176
flux_29
Commodore

Posted by peacemaker:
Posted by Iarfirithwen:
Posted by flux_29:
Info please.

There a several ways one could do this.

1. A lone Cylon in the fleet whom we, the viewers do not actually see. I'd play this one as "lower decks" (TNG) type episode, but nobody knows s/he's a Cylon, and we get to see the entire episode literally through his/her eyes...then at the end, we pull back from the screen and see that it has been watched by the Cylons back on Caprica, leaving us wondering who the Cylon is that we've been following all this time.

2. Set it in a Cylon base or basestar. There really isn't any reason there can't be both organic and mechanical components within a Cylon basestar. The outer hulls of the raiders are metal. Their innards are organic. The Cylons are, themselves, mechanical with the human types being organic. It makes sense that the Cylons have themselves grafted organic components into their own technology at some point anyway. Why shouldn't they have metallic surfaces with parts of their basestars? I think one has to propose a false antithesis to say that the interiors must be either organic or a white room or a more conventional interior for that matter.

It does make for an interesting contrast, however, in that humans surround themselves with mechanical devices and call this "technology," While the Cylons surround themselves with organics and call this "technology." It emphasizes the fact that Cylons perceive the humans as non-living pieces of technology that they can kill, while humans have the same perception of the Cylons. Since Cylons perceive "technology" as "organic" and the humans perceive it is "mechanical," yet both seem to view "technology" as "nonliving," or in the case of the raiders "expendable," (e.g. as human perceive animals, so Cylons perceive raiders), the real question remains then, "Are the human type Cylons alive in either the Cylon or the human sense?" If was to write a story from the Cylon perspective, it would be in attempt to answer that question.

I don't know exactly what content I would put in the story, but it would largely revolve around exploring the answer from both the human and the Cylon perspective, perhaps in two parallel instances...I could see exploring it from Boomer's perspective or Six's perspective within the Fleet with a parallel Six or Boomer dealing with the mechanical Cylons on Caprica or a basestar in a different situation, perhaps showing that Cylon society, since the advent of the human type Cylons is not this monolithic mechanical construct, but one in which the mechanicals and the humans aren't always in agreement. We've not heard the mechanical Cylons speak so far, but, if the old ones are still around (they still have their uses), they may speak, so perhaps this episode would also include one or two of them acting in some sort of authority-wisdom capacity, with them acting as the voices of the mechanical Cylon part of their society as Six, Boomer, or whoever deals with the mechanicals, providing advice, leadership, or instruction to both mechanicals and human Cylons.
I like the idea of number '2' just not having the fleet in play would be a nice change, and the way you describe the basestar, it kinda reminds me of Lexx and its bridge.

Old October 3 2005, 06:49 PM   #177
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Thanks,

The more I think about that scenario, it would probably be with Boomer and take place mostly in her cell and in sick bay. The story would revolve around her pregnancy and have something to do with "What do we do with the baby when it's born? Is it human or Cylon?"

My idea for her analogue on the basestar is less developed, but basically it would be Six or another version of Boomer going through a similar crisis, which would double as a crisis of faith, this time looking to an older mechanical Cylon model forinsight, advice, and assistance and discussing the skepticism of the mechanical Cylons that their breeding program can even work at all and how that some of them desire is to completely exterminate humanity and stop the breeding experients because they have failed on Caprica.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old October 5 2005, 01:12 PM   #178
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Nothing like the smell of fresh spoilers

Here is some from a mysterious episode, known only as "episode 15"

link-o-roo!
Old October 5 2005, 01:50 PM   #179
flux_29
Commodore

so we have
- Resurrection Ship
- Epithanies
- Scar?
- Black Market
- Sacrifice
and now The captian's Hand (See link in above post)

only 4 more to go.

Old October 5 2005, 01:56 PM   #180
frankncc72405a
Captain

Posted by insert_name_here:
Nothing like the smell of fresh spoilers

Here is some from a mysterious episode, known only as "episode 15"

link-o-roo!
hmmm...not sure what to think of these rumors...why all the promotions? And if there are promotions of Lee and Kara than aren't they still at the same separation as they have now (i.e. capt to lt and, if spoilers are true, major to captain... )

"You're not my type" - Gina, BSG:Resurrection Ship pt2

How Ridiculous!!!(tm)

"Wake up and smell the psychosis."