May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 6 2014, 06:48 PM   #1351
Kobayshi Maru
Commodore

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

Hi, I am from France!

I am a fan of voyager, especially the episodes where the doctor gets a lot of lines, like Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy, Renaissance Man or Someone to Watch Over Me... to name a few.

I primarily watched Voyager and the rest of the Star trek series to practice and perfect my English, but now I do that for the pleasure it gives me.
Kobayshi Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2014, 08:00 AM   #1352
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

I've really become a fan of Voyager over the last few months, after pretty much dissing it for the last 15 years! I started watching on Syfy in the UK a few months back and have been steadily working my way through the seasons. I wish that I had been commenting on episodes as I watched them as I feel I've forgotten a lot of the thoughts and impressions that initially struck me watching - other than what an utter delight it has been to discover this show and its characters! I'm not sure what season I'm up to now, as Syfy has been spoonfeeding me without me having to do anything other than series link the show. I think that it's season 5. Someone on the board recently advised me to give Seven a chance, and I have, having not really been looking forward to her arrival, and I think that she is an awesome character. Jerri Ryan does a fabulous job with her. She's certainly become one of my favourite Trek characters.

I have lots of other thoughts about the show, which I will probably share at some point but I wanted to post in this thread because I kept meaning to and never got around to it. So, this is about a tenth of what I wanted to say about the awesomeness that is Voyager, but if I'd waited until I had time and energy to say it all I never would! So, hello!

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2014, 08:04 AM   #1353
teacake
Fleet Admiral

WillsBabe wrote: View Post
I've really become a fan of Voyager over the last few months, after pretty much dissing it for the last 15 years! I started watching on Syfy in the UK a few months back and have been steadily working my way through the seasons. I wish that I had been commenting on episodes as I watched them as I feel I've forgotten a lot of the thoughts and impressions that initially struck me watching - other than what an utter delight it has been to discover this show and its characters! I'm not sure what season I'm up to now, as Syfy has been spoonfeeding me without me having to do anything other than series link the show. I think that it's season 5. Someone on the board recently advised me to give Seven a chance, and I have, having not really been looking forward to her arrival, and I think that she is an awesome character. Jerri Ryan does a fabulous job with her. She's certainly become one of my favourite Trek characters.

I have lots of other thoughts about the show, which I will probably share at some point but I wanted to post in this thread because I kept meaning to and never got around to it. So, this is about a tenth of what I wanted to say about the awesomeness that is Voyager, but if I'd waited until I had time and energy to say it all I never would! So, hello!
This is beautiful! WELCOME! I am so happy you like Voyager and very very thrilled to hear you say 7 has become one of your favorite Trek characters. She is my all time favorite Trek character, I think she's a wonderful picture of the Trek search for humanity theme and is awesomely acted by Ryan. The interactions with 7 and the rest of the cast really bring out the personalities. And as I say ad nauseum, VOY is the most comedy of the Treks thanks to the main cast being quite funny and expressive and the writing running with that.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2014, 07:44 AM   #1354
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

Thanks, teacake.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2014, 09:35 PM   #1355
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

I just got into Voyager a month ago. I knew nothing of Star Trek before so when I found out that Voyager had a female captain, I gave it a try. I just finished season 1 last week, about to start season 2. I do know about some stuff in the later seasons though (Seven of Nine). I also have a huge crush on Captain Janeway! Yes, I am a girl. Even though I haven't gotten to the later seasons, I'm already shipping J/7 like crazy I'm also really liking The Doctor and Tuvok.
Janeway's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 09:06 AM   #1356
Kobayshi Maru
Commodore

Janeway's Girl wrote: View Post
I just got into Voyager a month ago. I knew nothing of Star Trek before so when I found out that Voyager had a female captain, I gave it a try. I just finished season 1 last week, about to start season 2. I do know about some stuff in the later seasons though (Seven of Nine). I also have a huge crush on Captain Janeway! Yes, I am a girl. Even though I haven't gotten to the later seasons, I'm already shipping J/7 like crazy I'm also really liking The Doctor and Tuvok.
Hi and welcome! I am new to site but not to Voyager. I wish I were in your shoes, watching the episodes for the first time, not knowing what was going to happen. I've seen them all so many times now, that I can watch them in my mind without having to actually see them. There's some great episodes in season two, so... enjoy!
Kobayshi Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 09:12 AM   #1357
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I know it's cool to watch it new!!

Oh and welcome to you to Kobayashi Maru!!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 18 2014, 08:39 PM   #1358
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

Kobayshi Maru wrote: View Post
Hi and welcome! I am new to site but not to Voyager. I wish I were in your shoes, watching the episodes for the first time, not knowing what was going to happen. I've seen them all so many times now, that I can watch them in my mind without having to actually see them. There's some great episodes in season two, so... enjoy!
Actually I wish that I had watched during it's run but back then I was too busy watching Barney
Old July 18 2014, 09:00 PM   #1359
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Yay a fellow Janeway fan! I crush on her too and I'm a straight girl haha. The Doctor is great and gets better and better as the show goes on.

Voyager was my first Trek too! It was the one that got me hooked. You'll enjoy the rest of the series too I am sure.

Dead Lazlo's Place
Captain Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2014, 04:15 AM   #1360
teacake
Fleet Admiral

VOY was my third Trek, as soon as I was finished with it (rented it from video stores) I started on DS9. I loved TOS, was meh about TNG but enjoyed watching Star Trek again and fell in love with VOY.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 19 2014, 05:45 AM   #1361
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
Yay a fellow Janeway fan! I crush on her too and I'm a straight girl haha. The Doctor is great and gets better and better as the show goes on.

Voyager was my first Trek too! It was the one that got me hooked. You'll enjoy the rest of the series too I am sure.
I think she is one of those characters that, regardless of orientation, is crush-worthy If I had watched back when the show started, I would have known I was gay a lot sooner!
Old July 19 2014, 06:00 AM   #1362
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Yes well, "Janeway made me gay" is a thing!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 19 2014, 06:15 AM   #1363
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
Yes well, "Janeway made me gay" is a thing!

Really? I didn't know that lol! Well, in my case, Janeway made me gayer Btw, teacake I'm still patiently waiting for you to photo bomb the "How Is Janeway Sexy Thread" like you said you would. I've already gone through it and the first thread as well.
Old July 19 2014, 06:32 AM   #1364
teacake
Fleet Admiral

OH DEAR.

Well I will make a cup of tea and awaaaaaaay I will go!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 19 2014, 06:57 AM   #1365
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated