New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 23 2008, 12:27 AM   #481
ArynSun
Cadet

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

Greetings Trek fans!

I love Voyager. Janeway is my favorite Captian.
Nothing against any of the other Treks of
characters. Simply, Voyager is my favorite.
Old June 23 2008, 12:58 AM   #482
M
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the board, ArynSun!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2008, 06:04 AM   #483
emmymme
Ensign

I've made a few posts but wanted to say hi properly!

I'm a big Voyager and DS9 fan - grew up watching TNG and loved watching the DS9 episodes when they were airing new! I'm currently starting season 7 of Voyager rewatching them on Space channel.
Old July 3 2008, 09:13 PM   #484
kissthestar
Captain

Greetings everyone. I am a lifelong fan of all things Trek. Through unfortunate circumstances (jobs requiring tremendous amounts of OT), I only recently have had a chance to catch up on Voyager. I have seen very few DS9 eps, as well, after the second season. Imagine my excitement! Through the local library system, which has all the seasons on dvd, I can see the entire Voyager series. Many people had told me it wasn't very good, but so far I have seen several thought-provoking episodes. For example,"Living Witness" offers both laughs and ideas. What episodes do the rest of you consider especially good?
kissthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2008, 09:37 PM   #485
kimc
Coffee Mod

kissthestar wrote: View Post
What episodes do the rest of you consider especially good?
I like "Resistance", "Death Wish" and "Meld" as well as many others.

Welcome to the board.

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2008, 12:21 PM   #486
M
Vice Admiral

kissthestar wrote: View Post
What episodes do the rest of you consider especially good?
Welcome to the board, kissthestar! (Nice username. )

As for my favorite episodes ... I think I like these the best:

Caretaker
Eye of the Needle
Projections
Elogium
Meld
Warlord
Fair Trade
Rise
Before and After
Year of Hell
Mortal Coil
Living Witness
Night
Blink of an Eye
Memorial
Author, Author
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2008, 06:36 PM   #487
kissthestar
Captain

I have seen some of these, and they are good. I've just seen "Someone to Watch over Me" (Fantastic!), and (WOW!) "Lineage" shook me up a bit too. "Fractured" intrigues me, with its hints of early antagonism among characters. I am waiting to see the 1st and 2nd seasons. The growth of the B'Ellana character interests me, and I need to see more of the earlier eps, I think.
Old July 7 2008, 06:43 PM   #488
kissthestar
Captain

The best Doctor (Picardo) ep, in my opinion, is "Critical Care".
Old July 7 2008, 08:21 PM   #489
kissthestar
Captain

I like Mulgrew. She takes getting used to. Her dramatic pauses and big, big hand/arm gestures remind me of Shatner. Not bad, but not restrained, like a few of the other Star Trek capts.
Old July 16 2008, 11:33 PM   #490
kissthestar
Captain

"Meld" seems to imply that a violent state of mind is "infectious." Can one catch violence? Does vicarious exposure (through contact with violence-prone persons) make one more prone to violent outbursts?
Old July 16 2008, 11:57 PM   #491
Akiraprise

^ Why don't you start a new thread on that topic kissthestar? Could make for a good discussion.

This thread is primarily for welcoming new members to the forum. If you don't find a thread on a topic you like, don't be afraid to start a new one.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2008, 04:22 AM   #492
borgboy
Captain

Just though I'd swing by an introduce myself. I just finished watching my Voyager dvds, just watched Endgame an hour or so ago.
I love Kes, I find her innocnece and sweetness very believable, and her pschic powers had lots of potential. I hate that she was written out.
Janeway is a great character, with a dark side that rivals any of the other captains. Janeway can be so strong and wily. She's my favorite, npw after rewatching moving up from 2nd place ahead of Kes.
Seven is also great, Jeri Ryan is an underestemated actress, able to convey pain, wonder and humor. My favorite performnce from her was when she was possessed by the Doctor. She channeled his personality perfectly and was screamingly funny. The scen where she eats the cheesecake for the first time ( As the Doctor ) and practicaly has an orgasm is probably the funniest ST moment ever.
The Doctor had a great character arc thru the series, developing from a near blank slate into a deeply complex person. The question of holographic rights is fascinating and deeply thought provoking, as well as a great contribution to ST's legacy of social issues being addressed thru sci fi parable.
There are so many great episodes I have a hard time picking one favorite, but my favorite is Year of Hell, seeing things go from bad to worse the crew shows what they're made of as they struggle against their hardest times. Reset button or not, it's a great story.
I'm reading my way thru a huge mountain of Star Trek novels and am looking forward to the upcoming Destiny books and am really intrigued by the upcoming Voyager re-relaunch books.
Old July 17 2008, 03:12 PM   #493
kimc
Coffee Mod

^ Welcome to the Voyager forum borgboy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your insights in the discussion threads.

Old July 18 2008, 01:49 AM   #494
DigitalDweller
Cadet

Hello, I am Digital Dweller and I am new to Star Trek Voyager. I'm a theoretician with a particular interest in Metaphysics.

The Star Trek Franchise has always interested me greatly but Voyager has actually helped me become a better person.
DigitalDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 02:33 PM   #495
kimc
Coffee Mod

^ Welcome.