Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old May 31 2007, 09:31 AM   #391
Athlor
Cadet

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

Greets to all Voyager fans.
I used to hang around here a year or 2 ago but found the anti-Voyager retoric and retro-trek people so depressiing. I'm all better now since things seem to have settled down a bit.
Athlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2007, 03:51 PM   #392
presence
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello. I never caught the show on UPN so I'm watching the dvd sets, currently part way through season 5. Love the series. Wish they had done a Voyager movie set after they returned to earth.

Does anyone know why the STAR TREK VOYAGER COMPANION has a different episode order than the episode guide on this site?
presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2007, 03:42 AM   #393
kakashi76767
Lieutenant Junior Grade

you know before spike started running voyager i didnt like it because i was in college when it first aired and the episodes i happened to catch were some of the worst (the one with the macro viruses sticks out - the cgi made me want to puke). But i've just seen some great episodes like "The Chute" "Before and After" "Demon" and "Course: Oblivion". i had no idea the series contained such gems. I once thought the only good characters were Paris and the doctor, but now i really like Chakotay, Tuvok and Neelix. I guess the sheer horror of a series like "Enterprise" makes me appreciate Voyager for what it really is - a trek spin off that offers its own special sort of trek-bliss.

-------------

What is the name of your vessel?
Riker: "The lollipop. She's a good ship."
kakashi76767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2007, 07:15 AM   #394
TimelessTrek
Fleet Captain

^^^ Actually, for a TV show, Voyager has REALLY high quality CGI - if you want cheesy CGI, just look at Babylon 5.

Voyager is a wonderful show - if you stick around a bit here on TrekBBS, you'll quickly realize that 99% of the people who hate or dislike Voyager have never seen anything more than a handful of episodes, mostly from the first two seasons.
TimelessTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2007, 06:10 PM   #395
Cassiopeia
Cadet

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to this forum. I grew up watching TNG with my dad and thinking it was pretty boring, but by the time Voyager came out I was starting to get hooked. I didn't have much time for TV in college and ended up falling out of the loop, so to speak. I was very excited when Spike recently picked up Voyager, and I've fallen in love all over again. I'm jazzed to find a place to come and discuss the series with other fans
Cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2007, 12:40 AM   #396
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Not really a new Voyager fan, but I don't post much in this forum. I figured I was in the mood and Spike is showing Season 5 episodes which is nice. Looking forward to when they show Season 6 and I can see some classics like Memorial, One Small Step, and Blink of an Eye again, which I haven't seen in a long time.
Old September 2 2007, 08:45 PM   #397
Schistocerca
Lieutenant Commander

Hi everybody. I am an old Voyager fan but brand new to the board. I have lurked here for a while so thought it was time I took the plunge.
Schistocerca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2007, 06:34 AM   #398
Akiraprise

^ That's cool. Welcome to the board.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2007, 11:31 AM   #399
RainCrystal
Lieutenant Commander

Hello,
I joined here this week because I'm a fan of Star Trek. I'm starting to watch all the Voyager episodes and Deep Space 9 from beginning to end. I used to watch the original Star Trek series and New Generation when I was a kid but I can't remember some of them.
Old November 6 2007, 05:48 PM   #400
Lek
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I too am a long time lurker, post alot in the Movies forum...glad to have a DVR and watching Voyager from Caretaker to Endgame...never got to really appreciate this show during its original airing...the kazon story arc left me wanting more and watching DS9 instead. Now after several years and watching Voyager again, everything seems so fresh and provacative!!
Lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2007, 11:05 PM   #401
Ensign

I'm new to the VOY board too. I started watching when Spike started running it, and I got hopelessly hooked. It's replaced TNG as my favorite Trek. My newfound VOY love even got me to attend my first convention this past summer (Kate Mulgrew was there, and I couldn't resist). Now I'm working my way through DS9...
1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2007, 02:18 PM   #402
Gkar
Lieutenant

View Gkar's Twitter Profile

Hey there guys

new here also. From Newcastle, NSW, Australia. How is everyone?
Gkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2007, 09:22 PM   #403
misskim86
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to misskim86

Hello, I'm not sure you can call me a Voy "fan" but I just started to watch Voy and I'm gonna watch it from the start till the end, I'm on episode 4 on season 1 so far. My fav show is DS9 which I feel was way ahead of its time with the long story arch and such, my 2nd fav show is TNG. I haven't yet watched Ent either.

Sofar I'm not at all impressed though but I keep telling myself that DS9's first two seasons weren't all that either before it became one of the best tv-shows in history ever.

(Sure Wish Neelix would have died from the lung removal though)
Old December 2 2007, 11:56 PM   #404
mahler5
Lieutenant Commander

Is this series intended to be less sci-fi, and more comedy/soap opera-ish?
Granted, it is an entertaining show, but check your mind at the door.
mahler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2007, 11:25 PM   #405
CatherineBruce
Cadet

Huh! I was actually searching for a fanvid I saw YEARS ago, and lookee what I found instead!

Howdy! I've watched Voyager off and on since probably around season two. (I THINK the first one I saw was with the suicidal Q?) I had a slight... obsessive phase during High School, and now I find myself back