Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 21 2007, 02:31 PM   #361
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

I can see this forum is going to make me very sad.. my VCR is broken and I have no VOY on dvd (I have all of it on video).

I am hanging out for VOY to be released in the cheaper dvd format that TNG is.

Anyway.. I've always been primarily a VOY and DS9 fan though I started watching Trek as a teenager with TOS in the pre-TNG days. I love the DS9 story arcs and the VOY characters. 7 of 9 is my favorite character ever. I know many complain that VOY became the 7 of 9 show after a while and truly I understand that this would blow if you were not fond of her.. but I think she is fascinating and I was in heaven with all those 7 of 9 eps! I found myself thinking of 7 of 9 during a difficult period of my life--her story was inspiring to me.

VOY is also, IMHO, always incredibly entertaining. I remember when ENT began, after watching the first season I got out some of my VOY tapes to watch them. Wow, more went on in the first 5 minutes of a VOY ep than in a whole ENT episode. Fast paced, entertaining, colourful. Yes, cheesy perhaps in part but the characters were wonderful.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2007, 10:06 PM   #362
Joaqin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, I caught a few episodes a while back, and now I just got the DVDs and I am watching from the beginning. I have the hots for 7 of 9 as I am sure many of you do. It is so ridiculous how they just dropped a tall blonde buxom woman in a skin tight suit into a show so deliberately, its like a big joke. But I think she did a great job with her character.

I got to the 5th episode last night and realized some of the episodes can really stink. Anyone have a list of all the episodes with a rating next to them? I'd like to avoid the smelly ones.
Old January 23 2007, 10:46 PM   #363
TrekNut87
Captain

View TrekNut87's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to TrekNut87

Hi everybody! I just signed up last night, but have been lurking for quite a while. I have been watching Trek since I was about 8, but something about Voyager just got me hopelessly addicted and now I can't stop watching.
TrekNut87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2007, 01:56 AM   #364
Finngle Bells
Vice Admiral

Welcome. Beware of od0_ital, He's one of the Mods here but he's a Niner . I'm not sure about Akiraprise but some think he might be a dual.
Finngle Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2007, 04:17 AM   #365
BajoranMedic535
Lieutenant

Hello! I'm an old member returning with a new name. And for some reason, I can't remember my old name lol. Anyway, I am here.

About myself, I am a paramedic (volunteer and career) and am going to school for psychology. I am a big Star Trek/Star Wars fan. My preference is Voyager and DS9.
BajoranMedic535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2007, 04:48 AM   #366
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

*waves to all the new VOY Forum posters*

Finn said:
Welcome. Beware of od0_ital, He's one of the Mods here but he's a Niner .
Yeah, I told The Bonz this was a mistake, but she just kept goin' on & on about the "zero mod turnover" in the Niners' Forum...

Ah, well.

I'm not sure about Akiraprise but some think he might be a dual.
Worse - he's an ENT fan!

Old January 24 2007, 05:49 AM   #367
Akiraprise

...and I liked "These are the Voyages." :thumbsup:

Welcome to all the new Voyager fans.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain. I mean to avenge myself upon you Admiral. I've deprived your ship of power and when I swing around I mean to deprive you of your life. But I wanted you to know first who it was who had beaten you." - The Khan formerly known as...Khan
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2007, 05:32 PM   #368
kirk40
Captain

Hello everyone. I wouldn't call myself a new voyager fan but I have gotten into the series again by watching it on spike. I'm gaining a new appreciation for the series in rewatching, the characters are good and some of the episodes are really good, I still think the kazon are just lame substitutes for klingons though.
kirk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2007, 09:26 PM   #369
DsZ
Bunny Boy™

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DsZ

Akiraprise said:
Don't you joke about something like that!

To all the new VOY fans, welcome! I have to give you the warning I gave everyone else before coming in here: Watch out for Akiraprise, for god's sake! He gets kinda handsy. I know because he once... touched.... my naughty place. *cries*
Old January 31 2007, 11:58 AM   #370
Colonel Green
Vice Admiral

Greetings all! It's been a while since I tread in this forum, but Spike reruns have brought me back!

- Homer
Colonel Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2007, 09:01 AM   #371
Udat
Rear Admiral

DsZ said:
Akiraprise said:
Don't you joke about something like that!

To all the new VOY fans, welcome! I have to give you the warning I gave everyone else before coming in here: Watch out for Akiraprise, for god's sake! He gets kinda handsy. I know because he once... touched.... my naughty place. *cries*
Pffft Everyone gets to touch those....
Old February 25 2007, 07:36 PM   #372
DostoyevskyClone
Captain

Hey everyone. I really haven't seen THAT many Voyager episodes to be honest but I've seriously been wanting to buy the season sets for over a year now but they just won't drop the prices on them! As soon as they do, I'm going after them - I've always like Chakotay and Paris and am looking foward to their adventures in the Delta quadrant. Plus, I always thought Roxann Dawson was quite attractive.
"Life is islands of ecstasy in an ocean of ennui, and after the age of thirty land is seldom seen. At best we wander from one much-worn sandbar to the next, soon familiar with each grain of sand we see..."

The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart
DostoyevskyClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2007, 02:42 PM   #373
labgeekluvr
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just wanted to introduce myself--I'm new. I've been a fan of TOS and TNG for a long time, and I've just been recently catching up with VOY, DS9, and ENT. Tom Paris absolutely makes me melt--I love Tom and B'Elanna together! I love Kes too--I think she's so adorable. I post a lot over on talk.csifiles.com, and I've seen some posters on this forum that I recognize from over there.
labgeekluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2007, 12:24 AM   #374
tyskkvinna
Lieutenant Commander

*pokes thread*

I'm very new here (obviously.) and I already said hi in the DS9 forum, but I wanted to say hi here too. Voyager is my first love (though not my first Trek) and I recently finished watching them in order. I'd seen quite a few on TV the first time around, but I missed a lot.

I'm not sure what it is about VOY, but I really dig the entire group. Partially B'Elanna, and Kes for the most part.
Old March 21 2007, 05:18 AM   #375
Searider Falcon
Fleet Captain

View Searider Falcon's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Searider Falcon Send a message via AIM to Searider Falcon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Searider Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Searider Falcon

Welcome, tyskkvinna!

http://seariderfalcon.livejournal.com
Searider Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote