Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 16 2005, 11:11 PM   #301
Bobatiel
Commodore

Re: TrekUnited Proposed Season 5 Co-Production Dea

So how about them Red Sox?
Old April 16 2005, 11:12 PM   #302
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Those Red Sox preempted Trek last night. I hate baseball!!
Old April 16 2005, 11:13 PM   #303
Conundrum
Commodore

I'm finished replying to you...you've long since left rationalism and have taken up permenant residence in fanaticism.

Go ahead and post, I know you want the last word.
Old April 16 2005, 11:31 PM   #304
Wowbagger
Fleet Captain

The Twins won! Yay!
Old April 16 2005, 11:36 PM   #305
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Twins, Basil!!
Old April 16 2005, 11:44 PM   #306
Lior .B.
Fleet Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Lior .B. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lior .B.

Posted by Number6:
Twins, Basil!!

Good one!
Old April 16 2005, 11:48 PM   #307
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Posted by locborg:
Click here for the audio file
That has to be the worst Schwarzeneggar impression I've ever heard.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
Old April 17 2005, 12:04 AM   #308
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

It's fascinating that when, after a week of discouragement, Trek United was finally able to produce some of the specifics that Powdered Toast Man has been clamoring for PTM paused for scarcely a moment to acknowledge that before moving on quickly to a whole new set of disparaging claims about the campaign.

The new claims consist so far of :

1) The intent to reveal the name of a journalist whose testimony will evidently be damning beyond belief;

2) Vague aspersions on the character and background of one of the campaign organizers.

These are presented in a context of "you guys watch out, I'm about to get you if you don't sign a full confession to whatever I claim".

Unsavory, to say the least. I remain agnostic, if openminded, about Trek United...but I'm forming a very strong negative opinion about some of their detractors and detractors' motives.
Old April 17 2005, 12:15 AM   #309
number6
Vice Admiral

Posted by Dennis Bailey:
It's fascinating that when, after a week of discouragement, Trek United was finally able to produce some of the specifics that Powdered Toast Man has been clamoring for PTM paused for scarcely a moment to acknowledge that before moving on quickly to a whole new set of disparaging claims about the campaign.

The new claims consist so far of :

1) The intent to reveal the name of a journalist whose testimony will evidently be damning beyond belief;

2) Vague aspersions on the character and background of one of the campaign organizers.

These are presented in a context of "you guys watch out, I'm about to get you if you don't sign a full confession to whatever I claim".

Unsavory, to say the least. I remain agnostic, if openminded, about Trek United...but I'm forming a very strong negative opinion about some of their detractors and detractors' motives.
I couldn't agree more, Dennis. This is just turning into some kind of McCarthy-esque witch hunt. There are a lot of Zealots running around thinking that they're gonna "get" TU and expose them somehow. Expose them of what?? Trying to reverse the cancellation? Gee no one knew that it would be an uphill battle that would be difficult if not impossible to win. No one is in denial here, except for the critics who can't seem to reconcile themselves with the facts that have been presented.
Old April 17 2005, 12:23 AM   #310
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

Posted by Dennis Bailey:
I remain agnostic, if openminded, about Trek United...but I'm forming a very strong negative opinion about some of their detractors and detractors' motives.
That's how I feel as well.
Old April 17 2005, 12:42 AM   #311
Arlo
Fleet Captain

Posted by Number6:
I couldn't agree more, Dennis. This is just turning into some kind of McCarthy-esque witch hunt. There are a lot of Zealots running around thinking that they're gonna "get" TU and expose them somehow. Expose them of what?? Trying to reverse the cancellation? Gee no one knew that it would be an uphill battle that would be difficult if not impossible to win. No one is in denial here, except for the critics who can't seem to reconcile themselves with the facts that have been presented.
I think it's pretty clear that PTM, and anyone* else critical of TU, are not questioning the motives, but the means.

*and by "anyone" I mean intelligent, reasonable people, not the KE idiots who are in it just for the joyride.
Old April 17 2005, 12:44 AM   #312
PamalaLauren
Vice Admiral

I have a question though. Say the series ends as they've said it will, and I'm sure some of you know what the spoilers have said. But say they end the series that way, which is a pretty definate end if you ask me. Is it possible to start up another season (with another production company and on another station) ? I mean think about it, would it be watchable knowing what you know about it after that finale?

Sorry I had to keep the specifics out for those who don't want spoilers and what not. But it was something that popped into my head.

I'm assuming that no matter what that last eppisode is playing. They are promoing it already. But could they really start production again after showing a series finale like that?

If not, then would TU go, "Okay there's no way that we can get another season."?

One of my children is named after Kaylee from Firefly. The other named after a Disney Princess.
Old April 17 2005, 01:00 AM   #313
unimatrix7
Rear Admiral

Posted by Number6:
Given the amount of people that go out of their way to hate ENT and hate B&B, there is no surprise that there is so much scepticism towards TU, because heaven forbid they should try to so something for all of us poor miguided fools who like ENT and want it to continue.
Oh God, here we go again.

In the last thread you made the same assertion - that all of us who aren't pro-TU hate Enterprise. I called on you to prove that statement, as did at least half a dozen other posters. You couldn't then, and you won't be able to now. So give that line a rest, alright? You know it's not true.

I have found by scanning these boards and those on other sites such as ST.com, and others that the most vocal detractors of TU happen to belong to KE and happen to have hated ENT from before day one. If YOU are not one of those then my statements don't apply to YOU now do they?
I don't know that anybody here belongs to KE. There's no hateful vitriol being levelled at either Enterprise or TrekUnited. There is, however, a mostly rational discussion on this issue. Rational until people like you start making wild assertions.

And before you try and twist my words like you did the last time we locked horns, bear in mind that I won't be playing your games this time around. Got that?
Old April 17 2005, 01:08 AM   #314
Mogwai
Lieutenant Commander

Posted by Twain:
Can I just be the first to point out that this is quite clearly a bunch of fan wank?

TU co-producing Enterprise? Paramount agreeing to let the same people who have so royally fucked up the PR for their own campaign to do publicity for Star Trek? Handing over the production reigns to fans? Tim Brazeal on the credits of Enterprise? Not to mention - revealing it all to a major trek website before hearing any result?

They're having a laugh! And they're deluded!

They had a meeting - whoopee doo.

This is all ego. And, folks, if it happens I will strip naked, cover myself in chum and dip my cock in a tank of pirhana.
Legend
Old April 17 2005, 01:34 AM   #315
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Here's my quick take the whole TU situation:

1) I don't think TU is a scam. For the most part, their screwups were just due to inexperience and very bad PR. That's unfortunate but nothing scandalous. I don't have anything against the organization itself.

2) I do have questions/doubts about Tim B. I don't know his situation beyond what he himself admits and some confirmed reports. But this baggage alone is enough so that he should step down. It is hurting TU. If he cares so much about the cause then he should step down for the sake of that cause. I have never met him or had any dealings with him, this is strictly a belief based on practicality. TU doesn't need any Tim B side-show going on.

3) I doubt if this Canadian co-production deal will work. The producer seems to have no real level of experience. And, Paramount isn't likely to license out one if its top money makers. However, it is worth a try. I still think an agreement with another cable network (such as Spike) is the most likely scenario. But even that seems pretty improbable since Paramount doesn't seem willing to shop it around.

4) Should TU give up? No, they shouldn't. It is a fan organization designed to get another season of ENT. If they quit they would be failing their main mission. In fact, if they did quit they'd be laughed at from all around fandom for being a bunch of quitters. Instead, I admire their persistence. They know its a longshot and yet they keep at it. So, while I don't share the same enthusiams for bringing back ENT (I started to enjoy it under Coto but if it weren't to return I'd be fine) I do respect their dedication and hard work.

Mr Awe