Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 16 2005, 03:19 AM   #211
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: TrekUnited Proposed Season 5 Co-Production Dea

It's good to see that Trek United is in there pitching for "Star Trek Enterprise". Frankly, I think it's pretty quixotic -- but I rather like that, and the internet Trek subculture is a lot more interesting with you guys in it than without you.

Don't let critics discourage you -- or, for that matter, empathetic but pessimistic chaps like me.

Good luck.
Old April 16 2005, 03:21 AM   #212
Mr Bungle
Rear Admiral

^ Glad to see you're back, Dennis!
Nicolai: ... What is rubber ducky?
Hill: A product of capitalist imperialism.
Old April 16 2005, 03:23 AM   #213
jkladis

And his avatar made me almost fall off my chair. My mind interpreted the obvious word first. As I mentally zoomed out, it all came together.
Old April 16 2005, 03:36 AM   #214
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Posted by timelord10:
But one thing I haven't heard anyone speak about is what Scott Bakula said: Enterprise is popular everywhere in the world except in the United States. If this is the case why not go to the SPACE channel in Canada to co-produce Enterprise.
Check Mogh's long-ass post a page or two back. He mentions that one of TU's first PR blunders was admitting that they were talking to an exec at the SPACE Channel. That was a big industry faux pas, and this person has since shut off all lines of communication with TU.

Oh, and welcome back, Dennis. Love the new sig!
Old April 16 2005, 03:50 AM   #215
CeeWulf
Commander

Well, that was an interesting chat, have to admit. But... I still don't see this going anywhere. It's cute and all, but ultimately I don't see Paramount buying. Why share the profits when they can just let this how go and launch another in a few years that's all theres? There just isn't any incentive for them to go for this deal. Can't see it happening.
Old April 16 2005, 03:58 AM   #216
PowderedToastMan
Commodore

Posted by FleetLord:
For anyone Interested here is the transcript from tonights chat:

Fleetlord.

It is my understanding that Paramount have contacted Tim and Andrew directly since the recent letter published on ST.com and told him that they will never take Trek United's money. I also understand that Tim has already commented to a reporter that the campaign is over and he is going to give back the money.

And before you call me a liar you better check with Tim because I have this on VERY good authority.

Thank You,

PTM
Old April 16 2005, 04:18 AM   #217
Dar70
Rear Admiral

Posted by Enterpriser:
Posted by T'Bonz:
Dear God,

If they succeed, PLEASE make it better than the utter 'shipper/wankboy tripe that was on tonight!

Edit: Jesus H, Enterpriser, can't you talk like a normal person without making most run for their dictionaries?
I find that precision is better served through the use of the full gamut of the English language. Sometimes the use of the vernacular is justified, but in this case, I feel otherwise.

However, at your request, my opinion can also be put forth with less precision as follows:

"I'm glad that my faith in TrekUnited has been justified. I hope that the news will calm the fears of its detractors and critics. This opinion is my own and not based on any special knowledge."

Why do I find this post funny. Great rewrite on your original post Enterpriser. Both were eloquently put.
Old April 16 2005, 04:20 AM   #218
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Is it possible for someone to produce three U.S.-syndicated series and not show up in the IMDB? Is Al Vinci a pseudonym?
Old April 16 2005, 04:26 AM   #219
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Posted by jkladis:
And his avatar made me almost fall off my chair. My mind interpreted the obvious word first. As I mentally zoomed out, it all came together.
But, but...

It was cancelled.

Most ignominiously.

Old April 16 2005, 04:42 AM   #220
Tom
Rear Admiral

Posted by PowderedToastMan:
Posted by FleetLord:

Fleetlord.

It is my understanding that Paramount have contacted Tim and Andrew directly since the recent letter published on ST.com and told him that they will never take Trek United's money. I also understand that Tim has already commented to a reporter that the campaign is over and he is going to give back the money.

And before you call me a liar you better check with Tim because I have this on VERY good authority.

Thank You,

PTM
Not sure, i talked to him earlier in the day and that did not come up, I undersand also that there was some recent activity in regards to paramount about 6 'ish EST. I did not get back home (from my work) until about 7:15, then went to the chat. If i find out more I will let you know. Basicaly its 50/50 if paramount does not accept the 18 mill (and possibly even more) then waht more can be done at this point. But until Tim announces it's over, then we are still in the game.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Old April 16 2005, 04:45 AM   #221

Posted by Mr. Adventure:
Is it possible for someone to produce three U.S.-syndicated series and not show up in the IMDB? Is Al Vinci a pseudonym?
Did Vinci state that the series were U.S.-syndicated? I thought that was left vague. I don't recall any airdates either. I guess if these were all short-lived, foreign TV series from the 1980's they might not show up on IMDB or Google. It seems weird that he would give his name but not the name of the company he's working for. I do wish that any of the people in this situation who keep using the phrase "major motion pictures" as part of their credentials would supply an actual movie title.

Old April 16 2005, 04:56 AM   #222
PowderedToastMan
Commodore

Posted by FleetLord:
Posted by PowderedToastMan:
Posted by FleetLord:

Fleetlord.

Thank You,

PTM
Not sure, i talked to him earlier in the day and that did not come up, I undersand also that there was some recent activity in regards to paramount about 6 'ish EST. I did not get back home (from my work) until about 7:15, then went to the chat. If i find out more I will let you know. Basicaly its 50/50 if paramount does not accept the 18 mill (and possibly even more) then waht more can be done at this point. But until Tim announces it's over, then we are still in the game.
It is my understanding that Paramount say its over.

It may not just be up to Mr. Brazeal to say its over when in fact it is already over.

What I dont know is why Tim already admitted it was over on the record this afternoon to a real reporter, and is now changing his story.
Old April 16 2005, 04:58 AM   #223
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

What record?
Old April 16 2005, 05:00 AM   #224
ChrTh
Commodore

Posted by Dennis Bailey:
What record?
It's a little known fact that Tim has a tremendous singing voice ... and he did an album of 80s covers. One was Survivor's "The Search is Over", and that has been miscontrued mightily by the forces of evil.

Old April 16 2005, 05:00 AM   #225
Tim
Vice Admiral

Posted by Dennis Bailey:
What record?
Yes, please supply proof of your claim.