Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 15 2005, 11:40 PM   #151
Reaperman
Rear Admiral

Re: TrekUnited Proposed Season 5 Co-Production Dea

Conundrum and Number6, which part of "knock it off" didnt you understand? If you can't reply to each other civilly, then ignore each other.
Old April 15 2005, 11:42 PM   #152
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

I heard you the first time.
Old April 15 2005, 11:43 PM   #153
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Posted by Temis the Vorta:
Isn't that what they've been trying to do for years now? They had a built-in audience of 12M who saw the series and bailed. Moving production to Canada and getting Canadian backers isn't going to solve the problem of why they left. Frankly, I think those people are just gone and there's nothing anyone can do to get em back. My solution would be to simply re-organize the finances so that 3M viewers are sufficient.
Yep, that's it in a nutshell. It is a feasible thing to do. It has been done with other currently running shows and there's no reason why it can't be done with ENT. You can have a financially viable show with ENT's budget and ENT's ratings. You just have to find the right place for it.

At least there is no immediate financial reason preventing this. Apparently, there may be Paramount political reasons.

Mr Awe
Old April 15 2005, 11:45 PM   #154
Reaperman
Rear Admiral

Posted by Number6:
I heard you the first time.
I should warn myself for double posting
Old April 15 2005, 11:46 PM   #155
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

^^ You spammer you!!
Old April 15 2005, 11:46 PM   #156

Posted by Mr Awe:
Apparently, there may be Paramount political reasons.
If they're looking to ease Berman out when his contract expires, keeping ENT going could complicate their plans.

Old April 15 2005, 11:51 PM   #157
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Posted by What_Is_Brain?:
Posted by Mr Awe:
Apparently, there may be Paramount political reasons.
If they're looking to ease Berman out when his contract expires, keeping ENT going could complicate their plans.
Yes, I've thought of that. All by itself that gives me pause in bringing ENT back. And that's despite the fact that I've enjoyed ENT's 4th season and would like to give Coto a shot at a 5th!

It's definitely a mixed bag either way. Cancel ENT and get rid of Berman but don't give Coto another shot. Keep ENT, give Coto that shot but keep Berman. I don't know. I guess either way I'm fine and will accept the positives!

Mr Awe
Old April 15 2005, 11:54 PM   #158
indranee
Vice Admiral

Coto's gone. there ain't no way he's ditching 24 for ENT. you can be sure of it.
Old April 15 2005, 11:58 PM   #159
number6
Vice Admiral

Don't be to sure. I think if given the choice he'd probably stick with ENT.
Old April 16 2005, 12:02 AM   #160
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Posted by Mogh:
Mogh, you're an idiot and shouldn't be gloating.

Yup. I'm human too. And sometimes I get carried away.
* hands Mogh another six pack *

Between keeping you in beer and my own supply, I am gonna go broke.

Whatever happens, whatever comes out of all this, whatever the conclusion is to this ordeal, I am glad I sent TU money. I am proud to have been a small part of this.

It’s really sad that TU has caused so much controversy on this BBS. But, and this is just an opinion, I think most of the controversy is over blown and unjustified. It seems to come from posters either not listening or not understanding what is being said by TU. I think TU has it faults, but faults and warts and all, I support them.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old April 16 2005, 12:02 AM   #161
Reaperman
Rear Admiral

As it stands, he's been let go by Paramount and is now working for Fox. I very much doubt that he can go back now, even if he wanted to.

Which is a pity really. If season 5 does come off, it would have been good to see Coto continue with the good work he's done over the past 12 months.
Old April 16 2005, 12:04 AM   #162
Jenna
Vice Admiral

I really don't see how this announcement changes anything. I, for one, assumed that TrekUnited had been doing all they could to get a fifth season, including attempting to find another studio that would produce the show if Paramount agreed.

Unfortunately for this viewer and fan, this announcement is extremely anticlimactic, not even close to "galvanizing".

*sigh*

Oh, and as for the suggestion that everyone who doubts TU should now humble themselves before the almighty Mogh, I don't care for it. This announcement changes nothing from what the situation was a week ago, two weeks ago, whenever you want to pick a date.

It's "Oh, we've got something BIG BIG BIG" and then when the announcement is made, there are still no results.
Old April 16 2005, 12:06 AM   #163
indranee
Vice Admiral

Posted by Number6:
Don't be to sure. I think if given the choice he'd probably stick with ENT.
I hope you're right. but he sure was kinda excited at the rally when he hinted at it.

but for all our sakes, I hope you're right.
Old April 16 2005, 12:07 AM   #164
Commander Maddux
Vice Admiral

Re: TrekUnited Proposed Season 5 Co-Production Deal To Paramount

I really wouldn't want to see the 'Tide' Laundry Detergent logo on the nacelles, though. I'm glad Paramount said no.
Old April 16 2005, 12:09 AM   #165
PowderedToastMan
Commodore

Posted by Jenna:
I really don't see how this announcement changes anything. I, for one, assumed that TrekUnited had been doing all they could to get a fifth season, including attempting to find another studio that would produce the show if Paramount agreed.

Unfortunately for this viewer and fan, this announcement is extremely anticlimactic, not even close to "galvanizing".

*sigh*

Oh, and as for the suggestion that everyone who doubts TU should now humble themselves before the almighty Mogh, I don't care for it. This announcement changes nothing from what the situation was a week ago, two weeks ago, whenever you want to pick a date.

It's "Oh, we've got something BIG BIG BIG" and then when the announcement is made, there are still no results.
you are correct. I have been told by people in the legal department (Melinda M and Valerie E) that the only way for TU to 'succeeed' would be for Paramount to sell off part of the Trek asset and there is NO WAY that Paramount are going to enter into any kind of co-production deal with any partners. Paramount value the Trek asset too highly and arent about to go selling parts of it off.

It is also my understanding from those I have talked to that the Wentworth letter is the FINAL word and it still stands and applies to Trek United, Inc, and any partners of Trek United and the cancellation is final on UPN and on any other network.

and they are a bit shocked that people dont understand this.

No means NO