RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,717
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 914
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 2 2006, 05:41 PM   #91
nx1701g
Admiral

A Home For You

Alpha Fleet Simulations, a PBEM Organization, is expanding and we'd like you to be a part of it. Since our rebirth in January we've grown into a very large family of simulations, and we hope that our family will continue to grow with exceptional people such as yourselves. Containing simulations in the Star Trek galaxy, we're now expanding to include other genres of games.

Alpha Fleet Simulations Website

STAR TREK SPOTLIGHT SIMULATION: STAR TREK: CONTINUING VOYAGES

Space: the final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms, and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Celebrating it's 5th year, Continuing Voyages is a Star Trek PBEM RPG Group that is approaching it's 9,000th IC post. Set in the future of Star Trek (the early 25th Century), the adventures of the latest Enterprise center on continuing the voyages of exploration and discovery throughout our galaxy.

UPCOMING MISSION: DAY

With the Maquis attacks increasing, the exact source of the Maquis has been tracked to the mysterious region known by the Federation as the Wilds. As a fleet is gathered to search the worlds for the base of operations, the reborn Maquis have launched a last ditch attack with all their forces against Starbase 75. With only Enterprise and Voyager to provide defense, the station is cut off from further support. Meanwhile, the Gorn/Maquis relationship is revealed with a shocking surprise that will challenge the Federation to it's core.

Continuing Voyages Website

OPEN POSITIONS:

MACO COMMANDING OFFICER
-Acting Flight Control Officer
-Assistant Chief Engineer
-Assistant Chief Medical Officer
-Thirteen Forward Owner and Operator

STAR TREK SPOTLIGHT SIMULATION - STAR TREK GALAXY: CHRONICLES

In 2380 Shinzon of Remus launched a devastating coup against the Senate of the Romulan Star Empire. In a swift strike he murdered the entire Senate, established himself as the new prefect of the government, and launched a war against the Federation under a flag of truce. Using the Warbird Scimitar he went after the Federation, and, more to the point, Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise.

A horrific battle shook both the Federation and the Star Empires to their very core. Deep inside the Bassen Rift the Scimitar was destroyed with all hands, and the Enterprise - Starfleet's Flagship - lay dying. But the story of Shinzon of Remus doesn't stop there. It's only just begun.

These are the voyages of the Starship Galaxy...

USS Galaxy Website

- REQUIRED URGENTLY -
Chief Flight Control Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Operations/Science Officer

STAR TREK SPOTLIGHT SIMULATION: STAR TREK: NEW HOPE

In the 25th Century mankind has colonized the last unexplored region: the farthest reaches of space. As Captain of Starbase 75: The New Hope we are it’s guardians. For in the stars is our future.

Starbase New Hope is a Star Trek PBEM Simulation set in the early 25th Century on the far reaches of the frontier. Located in an area called “Wild Space” a mysterious region along the border of Klingon and Romulan territories captured in the Dominion Wars. The game is styled in a third person format and, since our activation as an RPG a month ago, has been highly active.

We’re looking for a few good people to fill several critical positions aboard our station.

CURRENT STORYLINE - NIGHT

With the Maquis attacks increasing, the exact source of the Maquis has been tracked to the mysterious region known by the Federation as the Wilds. As a fleet is gathered to search the worlds for the base of operations, the reborn Maquis have launched a last ditch attack with all their forces against Starbase 75. With only Enterprise and Voyager to provide defense, the station is cut off from further support. Meanwhile, the Gorn/Maquis relationship is revealed with a shocking surprise that will challenge the Federation to it's core.

New Hope Website

OPEN POSITIONS:

Chief Flight Control Officer/Dockmaster
Assistant Chief Security/Tactical officer (Will be Chief of Security following this mission)
Owner of Station's Bar (Be like Quark)
Others upon request! The possibilities are endless!

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2006, 08:14 PM   #92

Re: RPG Recruitment Thread

Hello all!

I'm the Commanding Officer of the USS Pioneer, a brand new sim over at Obsidian Fleet's Task Force 21! We are just preparing to leave Utopia Planetia for the first time on our shakedown cruise, and we've got room for lots of new crewmembers! Just come on over to www.uss-pioneer.com and click on Open Positions. You can fill out an application, and we'll get you simming on the new Intrepid Class Pioneer! Check it out- I promise, after having been with Obsidian Fleet for nearly 3 years, you'll love it!

E-mail: sorenson@uss-pioneer.com
Obsidian Fleet: www.obsidianfleet.net/index.php
Task Force 21: http://tf21.obsidianfleet.net

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Current Mission: "Take us Out..."

Mission Description: USS Pioneer, NCC-74757. She has never left Utopia Planetia Shipyards. Her engines have never been used. Her phasers never tested. Her crew never forced to work together as one. Pioneer needs to stretch her legs as the powerful Intrepid Class ship she truly is. Lieutenant Commander Seth Sorenson has been transferred from the USS Capricorn to serve as the Commanding Officer of Starfleets newest addition to the fleet. Sorenson and his crew are untested. For the first time, the order to Take her out is given. A shakedown cruise is at hand.

The mission objective is quite simple, really- test Pioneer and her main systems and make sure she is ready for extended missions into space. All crewmembers are made into a singular crew that must work together for her to work properly and thrive like the powerhorse she really is. Sorenson stretches his legs as much as Pioneer stretches hers. Little known to Sorenson that there is a Starfleet Officer onboard Pioneer watching his every move to ensure that Pioneer is under the command of a good officer. What will be in the report to Starfleet when she arrives back at Starbase?

Current Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Commander Seth Sorenson
Current Executive Officer: Pending (Position Reserved)
Current Second Officer: Lieutenant JG Deirdre Borrail[b]

Open Senior Staff Positions:
>>Chief Tactical/Security Officer
>>Chief Operations Officer
>>Chief Flight Control Officer (Helm)
>>Chief Engineering Officer
>>Chief Science Officer
Old April 27 2006, 09:35 PM   #93
StarfleetUK2K1
Commodore

----------------------------
The USS Alliance is a free play by email simulation based in the Star Trek universe. Our missions utilize your imagination and writing skills. This is not a game of initiative, but one of storytelling. Every player is a script writer, laying down a continuing plot for their character, and how they interact with their surroundings and fellow crew members.

We are currently recruiting, and would love to take new Academy graduates on board! We are a private group and can't guarantee your entry, but our conditions aren't stringent, and we will answer any questions you may have. Please contact us directly, at the following address:

http://www.geocities.com/farpointfle...ionperson.html

Type "Alliance" in the desired ship box.
-----------------------------
Old April 29 2006, 09:54 PM   #94

Hay, someone else from FPF. Since you already posted here, I will simply elaberate on the fleet.

Year: 2383, this changes with each year on January 1st.

Here is a list of the ships and there classes in Far Point Fleet;

U.S.S. Alliance - Akria Class
U.S.S. Horatio Nelson - Intriped Class
U.S.S. Washington - Sovereign Class
U.S.S. Excalibur - Galaxy Class
U.S.S. Ranger - Defiant Class

The link for the main site is, http://www.geocities.com/farpointfleet/main.html

If there are any questions please ask, eaither here or you can email me at;

Email: SupremeLegate@hotmail.com
MSN: SupremeLegate@hotmail.com
AIM: Supreme Legate
Yahoo: andromedaacendant9973

See you out there...
Old May 5 2006, 10:08 AM   #95

Another Alpha Fleet #2
We are a friendly group of simmers who have at present 12 active ships looking for new smimmers. We welcome all ages, from 13 upwards and whether you are an experienced simmer or new to this great game, then you will find a warm welcome awaiting you.

We have a selection of PG-13 ships, and also a small selection of over 18 simms, which have proved very popular amoungst the more mature simmer.

If you would like more information, please visit our website

www.alphafleet.com

or the forum where you can leave messages or contact one of the command staff.

http://www.alpha-fleet.com/phpBB2/

Looking forward to welcoming you into our happy family very soon.

KazJ
x
Old May 15 2006, 02:14 AM   #96

The USS De Ruyter is the latest addition to Bravofleet. We are looking for new crew. Most positions are still open, so apply today! Please come and visit us at: http://home.planet.nl/~knete025/index.html The USS De Ruyter is one starship you're guaranteed to never forget.

Our ship carries on the long proud line of famous ships. Be part of that tradition today!

Commander Emily T'Ithildae
CO USS De Ruyter NCC-2822-B
Taskforce 44
Bravofleet
Old May 21 2006, 05:18 PM   #97

The Year: 2382. The ship: the USS Challenger. The Mission: To Continue to go where no man, no one has gone before. The USS Challenger, NCC-71099, is a Galaxy Class Starship, under the command of Captain G'Kor Amar, A Klingon-Human Hybrid. The Challenger, is still in dock, because she is waiting for her crew. We are a new simm, and are in need for players, ready to step up and serve. Curently, we have several openings that need to be filled, but most important is the spot of Second Officer. We are looking for somebody who is experienced and willing to help with recruitment, and in the running of the simm. But also open are:

Chief Flight Control Officer
Chief of Strategic Operations
Chief of Operations
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
Chief Engineer
Chief Science Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Counselor
Chief Intelligence Officer
Chief Dipomatic Officer
Marine Detachment Commander
and Wing Commander.

The Challenger has something for everybody, so if you are up for a challenge, Join The Challenger
Old May 23 2006, 02:06 AM   #98

Hello Everybody!

I thought I might catch your attention by posting a new advertisment for a new Forum Based Roleplaying Game!

First off, my name is Captain Nathanial Graydon. I'm currently the Commanding Officer and Gamemaster for the U.S.S. Valiant-A, which is a member of Andromeda Fleet.

We have just recently re-opened this simulation and are accepting applications for many positions. Please scroll down to find out which positions are currently available.

So, you're probably wondering what this simulation is all about, right? Well here is just a little bit of an introduction to what's in store for the crew of the Valiant.

In the year 2385 a terrifying threat came knocking on the door of the Alpha Quadrant, and all those who could bare arm's answered. But with all the fire power in the galaxy, none could over come the death and destruction that would follow for the next two years. No one had anticipated such a fleet, no one had understood the sheer magnitude of what was to come. No one had known that the Borg would make one final sweep...and actually win. What was once the mighty Federation, has fallen...laying in ruins. The numerous allies that once held the Federation strong and bonded, have been scattered throughout the quadrant. Planet's such as Vulcan, Betazed, and Romulous have succumbed to the assimilation of the Borg, and all that was once peaceful and serene is no more.

So...do I have your interest perked? If so, check out all our available positions (below) as well as our website: Click Me!

If you have any questions, then please, feel free to ask them here or contact me via email or instant messenger:

Email: raposav@hotmail.com
IM:[*]AIM: swedenboi6 [*]YIM: swedenboi2001[*]MSN: raposav@hotmail.com

Thank you, and I hope to be hearing from you soon!

Kindest Regards,
Captain Nathanial Graydon

Command Personnel[*]Strategic Operations Officer/Mission Advisor[*]Captain's Yeoman

Flight Control Personnel[*]Assistant Chief Flight Control Officer [*]Flight Control Officer

Operations Personnel[*]Chief Operations Officer[*]Assistant Chief Operations Officer[*]Operations Officer

Engineering Personnel[*]Chief Engineering Officer[*]Assistant Chief Engineering Officer[*]Engineering Officer

Security and Tactical Personnel[*]Assistant Chief Security and Tactical Officer[*]Security and Tactical Officer

Science Personnel[*]Chief Science Officer[*]Assistant Chief Science Officer[*]Science Officer

Medical Personnel[*]Assistant Chief Medical Officer[*]Medical Officer[*]Ships Counselor
Old May 25 2006, 07:46 PM   #99

Join Omega Fleet

You interested in a Star Trek RPG, senior positions needed, including admiriality. Experience wanted but not required. Come see us at http://www.freewebs.com/omegafleet/index.htm

Deputy Director of Omega Fleet, VAdm Clemons
Old May 25 2006, 10:41 PM   #100

Domain Change

Omega Fleet has gone through a domain change. It's current address is now www.omegafleetmain.tk
Old May 28 2006, 02:43 AM   #101

Crew

Omega Fleet need Crew, XO's and Departments Heads, lower crew, marines, good starting positions. No Experience Required. Go to our website or contact me at www.josh.clemons@yahoo.com

Deputy Director of Omega Fleet, VAdm Clemons
Old May 28 2006, 01:32 PM   #102
StarfleetUK2K1
Commodore

U.S.S Endeavour

Are you looking for a simm about exploration and character driven stories?

A ship who isn't overpowered and bristling with weapons, but instead a
small Nova class science vessel, assigned to explore the far reaches
of the galaxy.

Then Perhaps the U.S.S Endeavour is for you!

It's a new simm so all positions are available, and if you're up for a
challenging and think you could bring a new an exciting dimension to
this simm then drop me an e-mail (amc698@...) or even better
fill out the application form on board.

I'm not affiliated to any fleet but I've simmed for a while and hope I
know what makes a good simm.

So have a look, have a think, and then come and join.

Capt Valentian Eram
Old May 28 2006, 05:53 PM   #103
Kendric2000
Commander

A question...

I'm sure this has been discussed at length somewhere on this forum. But I missed it somewhere. Does anyone know what happened to PBEM.com? One day it was there and POOF, it was gone.

I figured this would be the place to ask. Forgive me if I'm rehashing old info.
Kendric2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2006, 05:19 AM   #104
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: A question...

Kendric2000 said:
I'm sure this has been discussed at length somewhere on this forum. But I missed it somewhere. Does anyone know what happened to PBEM.com? One day it was there and POOF, it was gone.

I figured this would be the place to ask. Forgive me if I'm rehashing old info.
PBEM.Com was closed by it's owner. There are many stories as to why it was closed down as well. What I heard was it was getting too difficult to maintain.

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2006, 07:15 AM   #105

Star Trek: Foundations

Star Trek Foundations is a little different than most of the games posted here. While we're an RPG in all senses of the word, and we do take our roleplaying seriously, we try to back that RP up with a coded world in simulated space. For those of you familiar with the genre, we're a MUSH, a multi user shared hallucination, much more RP-oriented than a MUD, and fully immersed in the Star Trek world.

http://www.foundationsmush.com/ - Website
telnet://bdv.gotdns.org:1701 - Connect via Telnet

Set in the year 2164, we have been active for more than 4 years, open to the world for more than 3 years. When you get into space here, you really fly through space in real ship classes which require actual skill to learn how to use. You can learn how to fly in 10 minutes but being able to stand up against a Klingon D-5 in your NX class vessel can take quite a while to master.

We have diverged from the Star Trek Enterprise timeline as the show started, choosing not to deal with some of the more controversial canon elements such as the temporal cold war and evil-acting Vulcans. We try to stick as closely to both reality and canon as possible. As you fly through space you will see real stars, around which might orbit planets such as Andoria, Tellar Prime, Vulcan, Romulus and Qo'noS.

At the moment, four factions are open, with a fifth, independent worlds, open by application. Terrans, Vulcans, Andorians and Klingons are the current groupings, while Independent Worlds are those non-aligned worlds such as Axanar, Rigel V and others popular among those who like to make money without worrying about military and political conflicts popular among the major races. The Federation has never formed here, but that's not to say it never will. We leave it up to the players to determine what is happening in our world, if the leaders of the traditional worlds choose to found the Federation, they can roleplay it out over time and we will allow it. But thus far, groups as disparate as the Andorians and Vulcans have been unable to overcome their suspicion, while the Terrans still struggle to overcome being the new kids on the block, with worse technology but the can-do spirit that sometimes the other races lack.

With our dynamic space system (Aspace), dozens of well-built planets, ships and bases, a functioning economy with a new one in the works, the ability to colonize planets and research new technologies, and to set the course for not just yourself and your vessel, but your entire faction, we're looking for new people to come and try out our game.

I'm one of the wizards (administrators) on the game, my name there is Dal. I got into Trek roleplaying via a sim group and I see that many of these sim groups continue to flourish even today. Sims are great and a good one sets the tone for some really great RP. But we have a few advantages over a sim... number one is that we're on all of the time. If you are bored at 2 am like I just was, you can log into the world of Trek and explore, trade, research and fight off alien menaces.

Come check us out! We're completely free and the worst that can happen is you don't like it and wasted five minutes of your time. Mention when you log on that you saw Dal's ad, because I'd like to know personally if anyone from here has any desire to check it out.

Thanks a lot just for getting through all this.

P.S. if you're new to MUSHing, and you don't like the telnet client, there are numerous clients available for connecting to the game which work much better. My personal choice is GMud - http://darkages.darkfantastic.net/pages/gmud.html - which is small and easy to configure.