RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 436
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old August 30 2006, 07:37 PM   #61
Lord_Trekie
Lieutenant

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lord_Trekie
Re: Windows XP Problems WITH Solutions

How much older? I have no problem trying to downgrade my system to try and run New Worlds for a few days.
Lord_Trekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2006, 04:01 AM   #62
RookieBatman
Commodore

I'm afraid my technical knowledge is pretty limited. I can try to find out what the graphics card is (since I think that's probably the main difference), but I don't know off the top of my head, and I'm not entirely sure how to find it out (some geek I am!).
Old September 1 2006, 04:21 AM   #63
Lord_Trekie
Lieutenant

If you have DirectX then you can use the run command to run dxdiag, it will tell you almost everything about your computer, processor, memory, grapics card, sound card...
Old September 1 2006, 04:29 AM   #64
RookieBatman
Commodore

Okay, I'll try that, but it might be a while before I can get to that computer. I work tomorrow, so it mightn't be until the evening.
Old September 1 2006, 10:53 PM   #65

Hi all I need help with DS9 Harbinger game, dose anyon know how to adjust the graphics with Dosbx 0.65 ? in the game when the cinimatics play the movie is pixceld (looks lik a messed uo checker board) and the refresh rate seems a little slow. the rest of th game works just fine, I use windows XP. I was looking for a walkthrough but I guss I should start wieh the tek help first. Thank You.
Old September 1 2006, 11:01 PM   #66

Hi Can anyone know ware I can get help for S.T DS9 Harbinger game I found 2 walkthroughs but none have th advice I need. what do I do after I go back to the holodeck after shooting the cylnders? I always get stuck hear. thank you.
Old September 27 2006, 11:49 PM   #67

hi all I'm new to this forum but can someone help me wit star trek Klingon i got it to install but when i try to play it all i get is Klingon caused a general protections error then it closes can someone please help me

Thanks Chris
Old September 28 2006, 06:50 PM   #68
Jax
Admiral

I know we weren't supposed to ask for help in this thread only post solutions to known problems but thought it be better than starting a new Thread.

I decided to play Armada 1 again other day and it installed fine and loaded up the game but when it comes to actaully starting a mission either on SP or Quick battle it starts to jitter and becomes unplayable and some times crashes altogether could anyone help.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2006, 08:48 PM   #69
Lord_Trekie
Lieutenant

Go into your DxDiag and turn down the hardware acceleration for the sound, then if that is unsuccessful, try the same for graphics.
Old October 30 2006, 07:17 AM   #70
Immolatus
Captain

Nightcr4wler said:
thx for your advise, Melis. The only problem, is that win xp does't have the "Prevent MS-DOS based programs from detecting Windows" option under the advanced in the program tab. there is only a chckbox writen "hardware emulation... something". as i wrtote, i was able to bypass the files/buffers problem with dosbox, but still stuck with the cd-rom issue (can't ignore it. it's marked as red). i've read tips for instaling the game booting from a win95 bootdisk, but my computer is ntfs, so the bootdisk don't recognize my drives.
Anyway, i apreciate what you've done. If there's anyone who can help me please... i'm desperate...
thx.
I was so desperate once that i bought an old 486 so I can run the damn thing and it still gave me problems
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2006, 04:30 AM   #71
Maric
Cadet

Hello, I'm in need of some help. I have STDS9 dominion wars. and I have no idea whats goin on. I instaill the game, that goes great. i then set the comp. mode to win 98. set the res to 800/600 just to be safe. 16bit. I then click on the icon to start the game. well the screen goes black and a error message pops up.>problem with driver enumeration< what is this. I have windows XP, I spent the last 3 days updatting my computer. I then go through the prosses all over again. but end up with the same thing. I no expert but I think it might be the disk, I have checked the device manager and nothing wrong there. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME!!!! the patchs dont work with mine eather. >files found but cant up date< i get something like that when I run the patch. ?????????????????????
Maric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2006, 10:09 PM   #72
CNash
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I recently bought Star Trek: Borg, but under Windows XP, the graphics were grainy and distorted. I looked into Virtual PC, and was finally able to run it with decent graphics! (Well, decent enough - obviously it was never going to be DVD quality.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...loads/sp1.mspx

There's Microsoft's (free!) Virtual PC software. It simulates a PC inside Windows XP. You can install Windows 95, 98, ME, etc. - as long as you've got an installation CD - and then run Windows 95-based games natively with few problems.

Nightcrawler, your problem with this is that your hard drive is NTFS - this isn't an issue. The Virtual PC software asks you what OS you're going to install and sets everything up, so for a Windows 95 installation, it'll generate a virtual FAT32 hard drive. And if you have problems, you can use FDISK and FORMAT commands from a bootdisk to set up the hard drive as you'd like it.
Up Next: Typhon Pact: Brinkmanship (Una McCormack)
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2006, 03:53 AM   #73
Lord_Trekie
Lieutenant

Maric said:
Hello, I'm in need of some help. I have STDS9 dominion wars. and I have no idea whats goin on. I instaill the game, that goes great. i then set the comp. mode to win 98. set the res to 800/600 just to be safe. 16bit. I then click on the icon to start the game. well the screen goes black and a error message pops up.>problem with driver enumeration< what is this. I have windows XP, I spent the last 3 days updatting my computer. I then go through the prosses all over again. but end up with the same thing. I no expert but I think it might be the disk, I have checked the device manager and nothing wrong there. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME!!!! the patchs dont work with mine eather. >files found but cant up date< i get something like that when I run the patch. ?????????????????????
Unfortunatly that does sound like a disk error, I have the same game running on XP Pro SP2, with a 2.4GHz processor. If you can you should try to find a new CD, even if it's just to borrow and see if it really is the CD.
Old February 1 2007, 05:05 AM   #74
pleschga
Captain

So did we ever get a step-by-step set of instructions for installing ST 25th Anniv. in DosBox?

It'd be great if anyone could send those to me, cause all of the above is making my head spin!
Old May 20 2007, 03:34 PM   #75
Tallguy
Fleet Captain

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Captain's Chair up and running on Windows XP? (I'm amazed at how little info there is on this title!)