Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Closed Thread

Old July 10 2004, 07:11 PM   #706
Number_6
Commodore

Re: A TOS/TMP Uniforrm Crossover Stunt.

I'd still rather have rank on the sleeves for the long sleeved versions, just like TMP.
Old July 10 2004, 09:36 PM   #707
GeorgeKirk
Commodore

View GeorgeKirk's Twitter Profile

Awesome! Now all you need to do is go back to 1978 or so and leave these designs on Bob Fletcher's desk.

I'm wondering however, why don't the command/operations uniforms have the Starfleet insignia on the chest?
Old July 10 2004, 10:44 PM   #708
Achillies
Captain

Posted by Classic Fan:
^

I did try to find a younger shatner, but, using one which already had the uniform and a piece of a set with him, i saved my self, ohh, a week.

Anyhoo, onto one of my personal best ones yet...

A screencapture from The Motion picture...

Can become the refitted USS Constitution making its long awaited debut in the Pilot for Star Trek Phase II

NICE!!!!!!!

Simple but effective, keep it up!

My Card
Old July 10 2004, 10:55 PM   #709
Warped9
Admiral

Posted by Number_6:
I'd still rather have rank on the sleeves for the long sleeved versions, just like TMP.
They do actually, but that's a detail I hadn't yet gotten around to yet.

Posted by GeorgeKirk Fleet Captain:
Awesome! Now all you need to do is go back to 1978 or so and leave these designs on Bob Fletcher's desk. I'm wondering however, why don't the command/operations uniforms have the Starfleet insignia on the chest?
Same answer.
Old July 10 2004, 11:38 PM   #710
Number_6
Commodore

Posted by Warped9:
Posted by Number_6:
They do actually, but that's a detail I hadn't yet gotten around to yet.

Posted by GeorgeKirk Fleet Captain:
Awesome! Now all you need to do is go back to 1978 or so and leave these designs on Bob Fletcher's desk. I'm wondering however, why don't the command/operations uniforms have the Starfleet insignia on the chest?
Same answer.
So are you going to go with the traditional TOS system of full and broken lines? Or will you use the TNG system, which falls in line with today's Navy? Basically, 1 full stripe and 1 broken stripe for a Lt. Cmdr. versus two full width stripes and a half width stripe for a Lt. Cmdr., for example.

Also, I like the multiplicity of colors. However, you need to make the sciences bluer--there's not enough distinction between science blue and security grey. Maybe move them a bit into the navy blue range? I wouldn't want them to be royal blue, though.
Old July 11 2004, 12:00 AM   #711
Warped9
Admiral

^^ Personally I like to think that colour wise Option 1 is what was essentially going on in TOS even though we never really noticed.

In terms of rank I like the braiding used in TOS. The pants are the only thing from the TNG uniforms that I think work well and aridas did a great job in integrating the two eras. One could eschew the braiding altogether and use the shoulder epaulets to denote rank, but the braiding is so distinctively TOS that I'd be hesitant to give it up.

Following aridas' original plan I could see using white as a Command alternate, soft gold for Command/Operations, Blue for Sciences with the Medical department using the same blue yet with distinctive collars, and finally medium taupe for Security and light taupe for Engineering/Support. Rank could be denoted either by the epaulet colour system or the sleeve braiding system--either would work. This would be a rather more understated approach than what we've generally seen in Trek and perhaps it would be more real world credible.

Still I must confess to the psychological appeal of a diversity of colour. It would be yet another of those subtle yet detailed measures to promote psychological well-being for a crew serving aboard ship for years on end.
Old July 11 2004, 12:15 AM   #712
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

Posted by Achillies:
Posted by Classic Fan:
^

I did try to find a younger shatner, but, using one which already had the uniform and a piece of a set with him, i saved my self, ohh, a week.

Anyhoo, onto one of my personal best ones yet...

A screencapture from The Motion picture...

Can become the refitted USS Constitution making its long awaited debut in the Pilot for Star Trek Phase II

NICE!!!!!!!

Simple but effective, keep it up!
I did originally plan to place the battle damaged Ent from ST:II infront of it, and the Ent would become a damaged sister ship in Phase II and i would keep the 1700 as the ships aid.

The only problem i did have was with the 0, the inside is still lit when it should be darker, i forgot that part so ill darken it and post it a little later.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Old July 11 2004, 01:21 PM   #713
Warped9
Admiral

Here is Option 3 for TMP. Following the film's thinking the colours are more muted and the palettes less varied yet the crisper looking design helps offset the muted look. The Sciences blue is essentially a deeper shade of the similar Medical blue, but the Medical division is distinguished by a different collar style. Security and Support are steel blue/grey with Security having the deeper shade (and no "red shirt" syndrome).

Although this option is possibly more realistic I find it rather dull to look at. This is supposed to be a science fiction future and so I'd rather opt for a little more diversity of colour.

Stay tuned...
Old July 11 2004, 01:43 PM   #714
Kagan
Commodore

Posted by Warped9:
Although this option is possibly more realistic I find it rather dull to look at.
I agree on both counts. First, it is more realistic among the apparent TMP intent of soft pastels. Perhaps it is even an attempt to go back to the less glaring uniform days of The Cage. Second, it is "dull" but then again most uniforms since the American Civil War and the Boer War of the 19th Century have been "dull". However, unless the aliens were color-blind, the red uniforms did scream, "Here I am! Kill me first!"

Stay tuned...
Where do you think we're going?
Old July 11 2004, 10:26 PM   #715
Kendric2000
Commander

Is there a larger verson of the full uniforms pic? I love these uniforms, best 'non-canon' design I've seen yet.

If it was alright with you, I might want to use them for a fan fiction project of mine, hence the need for a larger pic. I love details.

Of course you would get full credits, I don't like to shirk people on that.
Old July 11 2004, 11:37 PM   #716
Warped9
Admiral

^^ Which Option did you like: 1, 2 or 3? And there's going to be a fourth sometime soon. Send me an email and I can send you the larger version.

Old July 12 2004, 10:00 PM   #717
Warped9
Admiral

Here's Option 4 for TMP with a somewhat different approach to colours. Essentially the classic colours are touched with gray and Command is now a golden taupe...

I still like the idea od a dark steel blue for security because it looks more imposing than red.
Old July 12 2004, 11:23 PM   #718
Kagan
Commodore

^^I hope that I'm the first to say it...

ooooooooo aaaaahhhhhh

For some strange reason though I like option 3...guess I'm "dull like that"
Old July 12 2004, 11:26 PM   #719
Warped9
Admiral

I might tweak these a bit more, but for my tastes I think I've gone about as far as I can go with these. I disregard the skirt alternate for women simply because it doesn't make much sense as a uniform although a short sleeve version of the women's tunic without the singlet underneath could also serve as an alternate just as it does for Command yet in the appropriate departmental colour.
Old July 12 2004, 11:28 PM   #720
Four Mad Men
Fleet Captain

Are we time traveling now?